bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean she is joining SKY?
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for the Beeb, all that work they have put in on her behalf;-)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    Lol I thought it was going to about Natalie and Artem being a couple :blush:

Good for Susanna :)
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He He another attempt to try and stop people voting for her. Just shows how popular she is. If she wasn't noone would be trying to sign her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    If I were her I would be desperately on the look out for any job I didn't have to get up at 4am for. Good luck to her :)
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look! Another Susanna bashing thread.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The opposition are getting desperate now1
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

..from MACTOWIN.
    Why am I not surprised?
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,867
    Forum Member
    I suspect she is looking for a pay rise or better conditions from the BBC. Susanna would be nuts to go to Sky, i can see her presenting The One Show next year.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Aren't they all doing SCD for career advancement opportunities?
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Well more or less everybody is doing this show to raise their profile in one way or other... specially precarious position for Natalie as since Corrie she hasn't been on tele/stage or any other media..although I think there is a short drama on tele now/soon...she definitely needed to raise her profile ASAP...The rest who are thus inclined are already in the media... :)

Its great if Strictly opens up further opportunity for its contestants... at the end of the day that's why the contestants did it... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    No surprise... we know that "celebrities" participate in Strictly for the 12 weeks of free publicity which they hope will generate new career opportunities/contracts! :D
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millie3 wrote: »

I cannot see any bashing yet, its fair game surely to link an article like that.
    I am not a fan of Susanna on strictly because she has been shown too much favoritism and over promoted etc etc but I dont mind her otherwise and wish her well in her career choices,its nice to see women get on and especially when they are not fresh faced youngsters.

I dont think however it would be a good career choice for her to go to sky and I hope that the BBC do not overpay her in their desire to keep her (its our money after all)But I do find it all too funny that after all the BBC's hard sell and promotion for her she may dump them.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she would like to spend more time in London than Salford? Maybe commuting 1000 miles a week takes it toll when you have a career, a family and Crystal Palace to support?
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where is this bashing you talk of I cut and pasted the front page of a Newspaper.
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    Maybe she would like to spend more time in London than Salford? Maybe commuting 1000 miles a week takes it toll when you have a career, a family and Crystal Palace to support?

hmmm...That's a good point... all that travelling!!!:o:o
    Bless her!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    millie3 wrote: »

Desperate I don't think so Susanna will win this show despite being imo being the worst Dancer in fact I have Money on her to win.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, I'm sure Natalie will get offered a job in panto in Woking. EVERYONE'S GOING TO BE FINE.
  • Options
    streetwisestreetwise Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Where is this bashing you talk of I cut and pasted the front page of a Newspaper.

So, why aren't you surprised?
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her thinking about leaving BBC Breakfast would be understandable - the travelling she already does combined with the SCD tour coming up would make such a thing quite likely. Not entirely sure where the idea of her jumping to another channel comes in. I'd presume that like Sian Williams (who didn't want to move with BBC Breakfast to Manchester), she'd move to a different role elsewhere in the BBC News department.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    streetwise wrote: »
    So, why aren't you surprised?

Because non of the celebs sign up without an eye on the main chance and the hope it can raise their profile, maybe?

For a celeb who clicks with the public it's basically a 3 month audition.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her. Haven't they all done Strictly to try & raise their profile.

Natalie - had a big storyline in Corrie now looking for new acting challenges so signs for Strictly
    Sophie - New album
    Abbey - new opportunities in whatever she wants to do in the future
    Susanna - a job where she doesn't have to get up at god awful o'clock & travel miles away from her family
    Patrick - I would imagine he is looking for knew opportunities
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Because non of the celebs sign up without an eye on the main chance and the hope it can raise their profile, maybe?

For a celeb who clicks with the public it's basically a 3 month audition.

Exactly.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would probably be get more money but many fewer opportunities there, she might also suffer like Christine Bleakley did when viewers seemed to react against her trying to squeeze more money out of the BBC.

And it is only a tabloid especially now they dare not hack into telephone voicemail!
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm sure Natalie will get offered a job in panto in Woking. EVERYONE'S GOING TO BE FINE.

Have you seen how much money these celebs make in Panto!! I was shocked. No wonder even American Celebs are flying over (like Jimmy Osmond and Pamela Anderson) to work a few weeks panto.