Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Really bad actress Lorna Fitzgerald is.

Comments

• nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything she says is so wooden and monotonous. Lorna is a child actress and should only have ever been that. She should have been recast years ago.
  • cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not the best but I don't mind her, find her quite endearing in fact. I like her more now that she's growing into a mini -Tanya.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's alright but the break up scene with her and Jay was a mess.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I raise you Letia Dean and Lacey Turner.
    Deans acting in the scenes with Shirley and the gun was laughable and looked like something out of a 1950's B movie.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I think she's great for her age.
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I think she was pretty good tonight. I love her expressions.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It the writing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I think Abi is supposed to be that nervous, shy non-confrontational kinda person, so if that's the aim she's pulling it off well.

She was a lot better with the break up/storming about stuff though.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's pretty good. People rave about Jac Jossa and slag Lorna off but to be honest I don't see much difference.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found her quite endearing and believable tonight. The breakup scene with her and Jay was actually very poignant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think she is rather good, she gets more like tanya every day.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

In that case....Burn it, Burn it with fire right now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I thought she improved considerably tonight. I know I shouldn't have but I loved that scene where she attacked Jay - definitely a transformation from her old character. Great to see her maturing at last.
  • ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, I find her quite endearing, to me she's better than most of the other young actors who spend most of their time snarling, shouting or frowning. Lorna/Abi plays the awkward, uncomfortable, nice, quite girl well.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was pretty good tonight. I love her expressions.

I thought it was some of the most "grown up" material she's ever had. Which is ironic because Jay told her to grow up :D
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So bad! Once again another silly character being shoehorned into the wedding, it's such a shame because there's only about 5-10 cast members letting the show down IMO, and for some reason most of them were all in the wedding episodes
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    So bad! Once again another silly character being shoehorned into the wedding, it's such a shame because there's only about 5-10 cast members letting the show down IMO, and for some reason most of them were all in the wedding episodes

The girlfriend of Phil's adopted son doesn't need to be shoehorned into his wedding. She'd be one of the first people invited.

She was great tonight.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree actually. The casting is spot on, i often feel Lorna and even Jacs to a degree could be Joy Joyner's daughter. Just certain mannerisms and the way they reacts to things are just so Tanya.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I thought Lorna did well last night. it's just a shame they crammed her scenes into a big dramatic episode.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's always annoyed me with the giggling through every line.

"*giggle* Your gran died? *snort* So sorry to hear that *hahaha*"

After last night though I actually though she done really well. She didn't annoy me at all and I found myself enjoying her scenes.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I echo others. Thought she was really good last night. She is finally starting to show what she can offer.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Snort, giggle. :D
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Really bad actress Lorna Fitzgerald is.

She really isn't, I'd like to see you try and act.

I think she's very good, the casting team were spot on when they cast her, as she looks very much like Jo Joyner.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    her snort, snort, giggle, giggle gets a tad annoying but I liked her last night. It was about time someone told Jay where to go he actually treats Abi like dirt most of the time and she has been there for him throughout all his sh*t and he can't even be bothered to do the decent thing and admit to her that he wants to be with Lola. He has been around Phil too long as he is now a typical Mitchell.

What confused me though is Abi was moving to Bolton with Jay and they were going to get a flat so she wouldn't have got a place in halls (and rooms for couples are very limited and usually they go to married couples) and yet she was talking about moving in to halls . Eastenders needs to do a bit of research.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the first time last night i thought she was good.