Is this going to judges vote or public vote only?

2»

Comments

• JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    caz789 wrote: »
    For example, who makes it to the final, "it's in your hands".
    Untrue.

But that is true, because the public will decide two finalists. He says words to that effect every week, 'who makes it through to next week is up to you' and then follows it with 'to save your favourite from the dreaded sing-off call' etc. And to a certain extent it is actually true, the public do decide who goes through, it's just they don't (unless it's deadlock) when it comes to those they didn't vote for as much.

When there's been no sing-off in the past, he has said 'your votes and your votes alone will decide who makes it'.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackk wrote: »
    But that is true, because the public will decide two finalists. He says words to that effect every week, 'who makes it through to next week is up to you' and then follows it with 'to save your favourite from the dreaded sing-off call' etc. And to a certain extent it is actually true, the public do decide who goes through, it's just they don't (unless it's deadlock) when it comes to those they didn't vote for as much.

When there's been no sing-off in the past, he has said 'your votes and your votes alone will decide who makes it'.

Well you've hit the nail on the head there, this is what he never said this week. Not once. It is a lie every week when he says "it's up to you", but the difference is everyone knows there is a sing off. This week they might not.
    I don't really care at this point, it's just an observation.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell will want control, the last three all get an album deal and I doubt he wants to spend money on Nicholas, he can't sell RC in the US because of the visa problems, so I rekon it will be a sing off and if Nick is in the bottom two he is a gonner. RC I bet would only survive against him.
    Forum Member
    Well you've hit the nail on the head there, this is what he never said this week. Not once. It is a lie every week when he says "it's up to you", but the difference is everyone knows there is a sing off. This week they might not.

Not true either.

http://www.movshare.net/video/c0de04cd8ba06

In the link that begins at 32:20, as he opens the lines after the first performances have concluded, he says 'your votes will decide which two acts go straight through to the final and which two acts will find themselves battling for a place in tomorrow night's sing-off'

I can't be bothered to find another one but he definitely repeated this on at least one more occasion, probably as he linked into the second performances recap VT at the end of the show

Am I really the only person that pays attention to his links?
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm... No, Dermot said there WOULD be a sing-off several times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true either.

http://www.movshare.net/video/c0de04cd8ba06

In the link that begins at 32:20, as he opens the lines after the first performances have concluded, he says 'your votes will decide which two acts go straight through to the final and which two acts will find themselves battling for a place in tomorrow night's sing-off'

I can't be bothered to find another one but he definitely repeated this on at least one more occasion, probably as he linked into the second performances recap VT at the end of the show

Am I really the only person that pays attention to his links?

Well I'll have to take your word for it my computer doesn't like that link, but I bet it's mumbly. :p
    To clarify, it was the link directly before reading the numbers I meant.
    i.e to vote for your favourite to.....

Oh nevermind, it's overanalysis anyway.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They stopped the public only decision in the latter stages about three years ago at the tesco Mary scenario.

Principal reason is that the public cannot be trusted in any shape or form to vote correctly
    Forum Member
    Well I'll have to take your word for it my computer doesn't like that link, but I bet it's mumbly. :p
    To clarify, it was the link directly before reading the numbers I meant.
    i.e to vote for your favourite to.....

Not mumbly in the slightest, watch it back on ITV Player if not or there must be a repeat going either now on ITV or ITV2 or something. It's after Rough Copy's first performance he opens the lines. He declares the lines open, walks to behind the judges and says 'your votes will decide which two acts go straight through to the final and which two acts will find themselves battling for a place in tomorrow night's sing-off', then he reads the numbers. You cannot mumble lines like that either, he's a presenter, his diction has to be clear and concise.

I skipped to the end too and when he recaps the numbers after the second performances he repeats the same line saying 'you're voting to get your favourite into the final, the two acts with the most votes will be certain of a place while the other two will have to slug it out in tomorrow night's sing-off, that's gonna be brutal'.

It was made very clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    They stopped the public only decision in the latter stages about three years ago at the tesco Mary scenario.

Principal reason is that the public cannot be trusted in any shape or form to vote correctly

That's when I stopped watching until this series, so maybe it's just me then.
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people on here really need to start paying more attention to Dermot's links because he made clear on several occasions tonight that there is going to be a sing-off, and it's his confirmation I have been waiting for all week long.

There were repeated lines in his script such as 'nobody wants to be in that sing-off tomorrow', 'I'll be announcing which two acts have made the final' and other similar phrases. Nicole also referenced the fact that she 'still has a vote' in the pre-titles VT. There's nothing ambiguous about it, it's been made very clear, so why some people on here are trying to rewrite what he actually did or didn't say is beyond me.

If it was clear I wouldn't have asked the question tbh...
    Forum Member
    You only asked the question because you couldn't be bothered paying proper attention to Dermot's links. It's his confirmation I had been waiting for all week, and I got it (like anyone else that listened to him will have). So pay more attention to what he says in future, considering he's the host of the show and has to deal with conveying all the T&C's you'd think it'd be a good idea to actually listen to his links, especially the ones where he reads the numbers out...

I really don't see what's not clear about him saying on at least two occasions, 'your votes will decide which two acts make the final and which two acts will have to battle for a place tomorrow night's sing-off'. It really is as if some people are desperate to throw some kind of rigging/manipulation/audience duping claim at this show, and this is coming from someone who doesn't believe there should be a sing-off tonight either. But there isn't any ambiguity, it has been made very clear what's happening (unlike it wasn't so in 2010), if you aren't sure, you weren't paying enough attention to the show. That's it. If a sing-off happens, it is to be expected, if it doesn't...then that's what will be weird and unexpected.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on the TV guide for tonight it states their will be a sing-off so can't really see how they can alter that. I think tonight will pan out in one of two ways.

either Sam and Luke called safe equals RC vs Nick sing - off with Nick going home.

or Nick and Luke called safe equals Sam and RC bottom 2

all bottom two scenarios would go to deadlock as Sharon would side with Louis and Nicole would keep RC.

However if it Sam in bottom 2 she would get through on a majority vote.