Options

Summer Transfer Window 2015

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    withstanding losses or not losing 15m on a player in a year is not great business no matter how it is spun.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Falcao was also a rather expensive flop at Man Utd. His salary plus the loan fee must come close to £15 million or maybe even more.

Man Utd are lucky they didn't sign him with an extortionate transfer figure, having said he'll probably end up winning Premier League player of the season next year banging in 30 goals.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add it to the £15-20m loss you aren't bothered about by letting De Gea run his contract down and it becomes quite significant.

You can't keep on dismissing millions and millions of pounds just because the club has a lot of cash. Its not a good approach

We do have a lot of cash coming into the club via the new shirt deal, new tv deal, and other assorted sponsorships, so at the moment, whilst long-term I agree it is not a good approach to just throw money away, we can withstand losses that other clubs perhaps might not be able to do in the short-term.
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness with De Gea, whilst I agree losing £15m isn't ideal, the fact is it simply isn't a 'quick let's sell before we miss out on it' amount.
  • Options
    KarlHydeKarlHyde Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BREAKING: Man Utd. will apparently get Müller with a 50% discount! :o

https://twitter.com/Tesco/status/625712492870791168
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Stoke have signed Ibrahim Affelay on a 2-year deal. Had brilliant potential only a few years ago, but seems to have faded away since joining Barcelona.

Could prove to be a very astute deal for Stoke. He still has loads of talent.
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    So Stoke have signed Ibrahim Affelay on a 2-year deal. Had brilliant potential only a few years ago, but seems to have faded away since joining Barcelona.

Could prove to be a very astute deal for Stoke. He still has loads of talent.

We had Afellay on loan last season. He has a totally unprofessional attitude and fell out with both managers during the season. I don't expect loan players to bleed for the club but I do expect them to put in a performance and Afellay just couldn't be arsed to even do that.
    He just strolled around the pitch and didn't seem to give a crap on whether we won or lost, as long as he got paid. Best of luck to Stoke.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big summer of spending for Palace - sounds like they're about to splash out £9m on Conor Wickham.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big summer of spending for Palace - sounds like they're about to splash out £9m on Conor Wickham.

Everything that's wrong with the transfer market, right there.

Wickham for another big fee, Chester for £8m, these are nothing players. Barely Premier League standard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wickham looks really good for about 5 minutes twice a season.

Sunderland must be delighted to have gotten their money back on him.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    koeman does it again! classie for just 8m. impressive.

Wijnaldum, who's gone to Newcastle for £14.5m, was good for PSV last season too. Him and Depay both offered a good attacking threat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33474195
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wijnaldum, who's gone to Newcastle for £14.5m, was good for PSV last season too. Him and Depay both offered a good attacking threat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33474195

newcastle have done some good business, i think will be top half this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester look set to spend a combined total of almost £20m on Kante, Aranguiz and Inler.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newcastle have done some good business, i think will be top half this season.

Still lots of worries about our defence but Mbemba will make a difference :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roma look to have signed Dzeko from City for a fee of £14m
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bournemouth have made a few good forward signings, much better depth now, which could be important as the season progresses.
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bournemouth have made a few good forward signings, much better depth now, which could be important as the season progresses.

Cant see them staying up though Batty. Think them and Leicester are dead certs to go down.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    Roma look to have signed Dzeko from City for a fee of £14m

Most frustrating player I have watched.

Decent money for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester letting Nugent go to Boro for £4m
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester letting Nugent go to Boro for £4m

4m^_^

are boro on drugs or something?
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    he wont go stoke.

its obvious mancini is not sold on him but would be silly for inter to sell imo,so much potential there. mancini can be stubborn though.

if he goes it will be to a bigger club than stoke, the player will turn this down even if inter agreed.
    celesti wrote: »
    No disrespect to Stoke, but I do think he'd be really lowering himself to join them.

Ok, massive disrespect to Stoke.

Signed today, can't quite believe we've managed to pull it off tbh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soldado finally departs.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Shaqiri has great talent. If they get his national team form then he'll be a big success. Might take a while to settle though. Stoke definitely building up a strong squad this year.

Spurs must buy a striker now. They have Kane and Adebayor and I can't think of anyone else. I suspect they'd happily lose Adebayor too (I would) so they probably need two.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A striker with some pace is what they need. Kane looked very isolated at Old Trafford because there was no spark to provide the link between him and the rather static midfield.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    A striker with some pace is what they need. Kane looked very isolated at Old Trafford because there was no spark to provide the link between him and the rather static midfield.

I'm not convinced by their options in deeper midfield either. Dembele is a player I preferred in an advanced position at Fulham. I don't rate him as a playmaker. In fact I don't think Spurs have had a good playmaker since Modric played centrally for them. Mason seems pretty average to me. I think Bentaleb got progressed pretty quickly after a few good games under Sherwood and has been poor since. Carroll and Ali I'm not sure about yet. Of the two, Carroll has been there for a while and hasn't been used so hard to see that he'll make the breakthrough. Ali is unknown to me.

Spurs are my favourite English team but I'm a bit worried about them this year. Their squad looks weaker now than it has for a long time. Ideally they'd move on a couple more players and buy a couple of forwards (one very high quality) and a high-quality midfielder but I'm not sure that they'll get that. I would take 6th again right now.