Options

Emmerdale: Is Ross Barton really dead?

Comments

• Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the way he smashed his head in the pavement yes but for drama purposes no, plus the guy is far too sexy to be killed off by his less sexy brother

What's that got to do with it? Sexiness doesn't come into how people die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most shocking answer should be yes for the simply fact people think he's not and are expecting a return but that bang on the head reminds me of how Tiffany Mitchell died in eastenders.
    Who is Tiffany Mitchell and what is eastenders? Don't recall either of them mentioned in Emmerdale.
  • Options
    Joline44Joline44 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    What's that got to do with it? Sexiness doesn't come into how people die.

Sexiness is everything :D
  • Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Haven't we already been here with Declan? (who, like Ross, couldn't possibly have survived but did) Would Kate Oates rip off one of her own storylines?

there are slight differences. With Declan no body and also the public knew he'd survived that. Whereas with Ross we're supposed to believe he's dead.

As for the actual bang to the head as to whether he could survive- depends where it was and that was the right side. Still very bad but tiny bit less worrying than a blow to the back of the head, would definitely need hospital treatment. So if he was reported missing surely the police would check hospitals and know. Then again this is soap, why would they be logical. Still given evidence of Mike at the studios I highly doubt Ross is dead, maybe turns up no memory or unconscious in hospital even.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In five years time when the ratings are down the new producer will think of an idea and will decide to bring back one of the best characters of the last ten years They will say that he has been living in Spain but could not come back as there would be nothing for him to come back to as his family would not want to know him
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Who is Tiffany Mitchell and what is eastenders? Don't recall either of them mentioned in Emmerdale.
    ^_^ ^_^ ^_^:kitty:
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly i think he is still alive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joline44 wrote: »
    Sexiness is everything :D

To kids maybe, not to grown ups :)
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Ross hit the wall and Pete was punching him, was his eyes opened or closed. Opened=Dead, Closed=Most likely alive
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Ross hit the wall and Pete was punching him, was his eyes opened or closed. Opened=Dead, Closed=Most likely alive
    Lol, people are no more likely to die with their eyes open than they are closed, (except on tv of course, where the dead are nearly always shown with open staring eyes).:kitty:
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    In five years time when the ratings are down the new producer will think of an idea and will decide to bring back one of the best characters of the last ten years They will say that he has been living in Spain but could not come back as there would be nothing for him to come back to as his family would not want to know him

He'll be brought back sooner than that.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    lol did anyone just see Michael Parr last tweet? The last supper and about loving them all and then something about him being in the middle like Jesus. Of course this got replies about how Ross may rise again. He deleted that tweet and just put up "The last supper" :D

could be nothing in it but funny anyway
  • Options
    Gambit_is_aceGambit_is_ace Posts: 9,458
    Forum Member
    willows wrote: »
    lol did anyone just see Michael Parr last tweet? The last supper and about loving them all and then something about him being in the middle like Jesus. Of course this got replies about how Ross may rise again. He deleted that tweet and just put up "The last supper" :D

could be nothing in it but funny anyway

I did see it! Must admit i'm a bit more nervous now that he has left the show.

Michael Parr's birthday was this week, so i'm hoping that it was just birthday celebrations and not a goodbye party.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did see it! Must admit i'm a bit more nervous now that he has left the show.

Michael Parr's birthday was this week, so i'm hoping that it was just birthday celebrations and not a goodbye party.

I think he might have left. He signed a contract for a year last August so it will be up/nearly up. Anthony Quinlan did tweet a happy birthday to him but it sounded like it may have been his last day aswell? Something about it being emotional. It just happened to fall on his birthday so it's hard to tell. I could see him leaving or taking a break. I just don't want them to kill Ross off. So that there is always a chance for him to come back. Doesn't make sense either that he has still been seen at studios so who knows! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    willows wrote: »
    I think he might have left. He signed a contract for a year last August so it will be up/nearly up. Anthony Quinlan did tweet a happy birthday to him but it sounded like it may have been his last day aswell? Something about it being emotional. It just happened to fall on his birthday so it's hard to tell. I could see him leaving or taking a break. I just don't want them to kill Ross off. So that there is always a chance for him to come back. Doesn't make sense either that he has still been seen at studios so who knows! lol

It gets even weirder John Bowe (Lawrence) just tweeted "Gonna miss you, friend!"

That indicates Michael is yet to leave! Still in the show? Maybe Ross comes back but then leaves alive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It gets even weirder John Bowe (Lawrence) just tweeted "Gonna miss you, friend!"

That indicates Michael is yet to leave! Still in the show? Maybe Ross comes back but then leaves alive!

Yea I seen that aswell. Was it in here I posted about a tweet John had tweeted few days back? Can't remember but "If you're into Soap watch #Emmerdale over next two months. I know what's coming. It's good and excellently crafted!! Gripping stuff!! JB."

Somebody asked him "I'm only going 2 watch it if the nature of that cloak & dagger meet between Lawrence & Ross, in his car is finally revealed"

John replied back "It's coming. But you'll have to be patient. JB"

Wouldn't it be cool if somehow Ross turns up out of sight to ask for that favour from Lawrence that was mentioned ages ago. He could get him to do some dirty work for him. Ross did say how he could just ruin people's lives. He then leaves and people think he is dead but Lawrence would know, Maybe would still be in touch with him. Ross getting Lawrence to mess with Cain/Pete? Could be reading way into that tweet though lol and getting carried away but would like something like that rather thank them just killing him off. Could explain him still being at studios possibly filming his remaining few weeks?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe Ross & Lawrence frame Pete for Ross' "murder". Then later on Ross comes back in the show! (what ever happens MP needs to come back! lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Telling someone you're going to miss them is quite common on someone's last day at work and often written in someone's leaving card. Also the day after I left my last job someone emailed me at home and said they were going to miss me. So it doesn't necessarily mean that Michael is yet to leave.
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    An insanely popular, complex character played by a brilliant, versatile actor? (Great at such a wide range of emotions & situations) killed off in his prime when so much more could be done with him? Nah. tbtb at Emmerdale wouldn't be that stupid.

I don't believe Mike Parr would want to kill off a character that people love so much either. That he's put so much work into. Fair enough if he wanted to leave - totally understandable - but not by death, a death none of his fans were even prepared for. That wouldn't be fair.

Oh and he is flippin totally gorgeous. But that is obviously irrelevant ;-).
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An insanely popular, complex character played by a brilliant, versatile actor? (Great at such a wide range of emotions & situations) Killed off in his prime? Nah. tbtb at Emmerdale wouldn't be that stupid.

I don't believe Mike Parr would want to kill off a character that people love so much either. That he'd put so much work into. Fair enough if he wanted to leave - totally understandable - but not by death, a death none of his fans were even prepared for. That wouldn't be fair.

Oh and he is flippin totally gorgeous. But that is irrelevant ;-).

Great post!

bib::D:D;-)
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as they know people will obviously be following social media messages and comments, couldn't they be playing up to it, ie making it seem so obvious he's not dead that it's even more of a shock when it's revealed he really is? I've probably just killed every Ross lover's hopes, but it's just a thought:p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An insanely popular, complex character played by a brilliant, versatile actor? (Great at such a wide range of emotions & situations) killed off in his prime when so much more could be done with him? Nah. tbtb at Emmerdale wouldn't be that stupid.

I don't believe Mike Parr would want to kill off a character that people love so much either. That he's put so much work into. Fair enough if he wanted to leave - totally understandable - but not by death, a death none of his fans were even prepared for. That wouldn't be fair.

Oh and he is flippin totally gorgeous. But that is obviously irrelevant ;-).
    Who loves him? Anywhere but here (where the viewing figures, proportionally, are minimal) or Twitter? [Same thing]
    He's cruel, self=obsessed and hateful!
    Pete, Finn and James are all better looking IMO - if that's how you judge a character, and I know it's obviously the main criteria for a lot of people on here.
    Michael Parr may turn out to be a decent actor but he needs a lot more experience.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3477466/
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is he dead?

Has his body been found yet, or are there any spoilers to indicate it will be found?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Who loves him? Anywhere but here (where the viewing figures, proportionally, are minimal) or Twitter? [Same thing]
    He's cruel, self=obsessed and hateful!
    Pete, Finn and James are all better looking IMO - if that's how you judge a character, and I know it's obviously the main criteria for a lot of people on here.
    Michael Parr may turn out to be a decent actor but he needs a lot more experience.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3477466/

bib1: In your opinion. You love nit-picking, don't you?;-)
    bib2: Yes, like some who like the cruel, self-obsessed and hateful Cain Dingle.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    So is he dead?

Has his body been found yet, or are there any spoilers to indicate it will be found?

Not yet. There hasn't been an outbreak of dysentery in worms reported.