Guardian Writer: If Burned Falklands Hero Knew Anything, ‘He’d Still Have His Face’

ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'A Guardian contributer, Richard Seymour, has sparked outrage today after dismissing a British war hero’s comments on the Falklands Islands, in which he attacked Labour leadership candidate Jeremy Corbyn for planning to “surrender” to Argentine demands. Seymour slammed war veteran Simon Weston on Facebook, claiming, “If he knew anything, he’s still have his face”. Weston was horrifically burned in the Argentine attack on the RFA Sir Galahad in 1982.'

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/02/guardian-writer-if-burned-falklands-hero-knew-anything-hed-still-have-his-face/

>:(

Disgusting and indefensible.

Comments

• MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's unbelievable.:(
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that's unbelievable.:(

Very nasry man. He didn't even bother to discuss things with Simon Weston like a man - just made a cheap schoolboy taunt.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Snivelling little shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    In that picture, is Richard Seymour on the right or is that Simon Weston before his burns?

Looks like a recent picture, so I guess Richard Seymour?

Either way, Seymour sounds like a low life.
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People like this make me ashamed to call myself a left winger. There are far too many who have spent so long in their cocoons of like minded people they've lost touch with their fellow man. Hive minds, it's somewhat frightening.
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    What a c**t
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a tit. It shows how well he can form arguments though.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man makes insensitive joke on Facebook! Has this been done before?
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Seymour posted is indefensible, but what has this got to do with the Guardian? According to the article linked in the first post he isn't employed by the Guardian and hasn't had anything published by the paper since December last year.

Meanwhile, Jeremy Corbin's "controversial" views on the Falklands date are not some hot new topic. They date back to 1982, when many people opposed the war and - rightly, as it turned out - believed that it was largely for the benefit of Margaret Thatcher and her backers.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a c**t

Sums him up nicely.
  • Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utterly vile comments, even if he doesn't agree with what Weston said.

Disgraceful. :(
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a c**t

Never has "This" been such an appropriate response to a post!
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter moron.

Christ, I dislike these kind of leftie traitors more and more each day.

and yes, actually Seymour, I give far more of a shit what a hero like Simon Weston says, than any of the crap that comes out of your gob. I think you'll find I'm very far from the only one.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    The cheap shot of cheap shots. Grotesque personified. :cool:
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    What Seymour posted is indefensible, but what has this got to do with the Guardian? According to the article linked in the first post he isn't employed by the Guardian and hasn't had anything published by the paper since December last year.

Meanwhile, Jeremy Corbin's "controversial" views on the Falklands date are not some hot new topic. They date back to 1982, when many people opposed the war and - rightly, as it turned out - believed that it was largely for the benefit of Margaret Thatcher and her backers.

Not sure on the point of the BIB. I don't have particular views on the Falklands but am generally anti-war. However his comment is disgusting, that should transcend political views.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    It's The Guardian. I wouldn't expect anything less from it.
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Snivelling little shit.
    What a c**t

Both of these ^.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's the Guardian?
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a completely unfeeling classless moron. >:(
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a rarity. Someone's "opinion" which is actually worth getting worked up over and deserving of the flak he is getting.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an absolute arseface.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Exactly.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

So again, what's the Guardian got to do with it?
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Not sure on the point of the BIB. I don't have particular views on the Falklands but am generally anti-war. However his comment is disgusting, that should transcend political views.

The point was that this unpleasant comment is nothing to do with either the Guardian or Jeremy Corbin, who expressed his opposition to the Falklands war many years before this idiot decided to chip in.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing to do with the Guardian this, in fairness. Makes a more baity headline having them in there though.