Options

Is it Really Possible To Sell Your Kidney Somewhere?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just theoretically, I'm just wondering. Or what from your body can you sell, apart from your eggs, (in the United States)?

Comments

• Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    You can sell your hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got too many split ends. :D

I wouldn't anyway.

But thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Ebay?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    Isn't it against the law?

Probably in some weirdos basement.
  • Options
    diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can sell breast milk.

Could you sell blood?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    diddygirl wrote: »

Could you sell blood?

Sometimes you get paid for donating blood, so that's pretty much the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some criminal gangs will take a limb as payment for a debt but be warned, if they mess up and you die, you might not have a leg to stand on :o:p
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually heard that BEFORE pollution everyone only needed one lung.

I still can't believe it but apparently it's true.
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Looks like plasma donation pays ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I actually heard that BEFORE pollution everyone only needed one lung.

I still can't believe it but apparently it's true.

Surely it takes hundreds of thousands to millions of years for us to evolve and gain an extra lung? Also, if you believe we evolved from primates then they have 2 lungs anyway.

I don't think pollution - beyond the natural atmospheric stuff - was around back then (cars, aerosols etc etc etc)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diddygirl wrote: »

Could you sell blood?

I know you can sell the er, service, of feeding someone your own milk, but can you actually like sell the stuff itself?
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of a couple of body parts which people can sell that involves the part never having to leave the body that could earn some money if thats the primary concern.

Someone had to say it. Big bucks could be earned, for the right person of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of a couple of body parts which people can sell that involves the part never having to leave the body that could earn some money if thats the primary concern.

Someone had to say it. Big bucks could be earned, for the right person of course.

Well of course. And personally being a milkmaid sounds a most lovely job to me, just like being paid to comfort someone, but some people are not able to work outside the family as they have young children or sick relatives to care for.

Have found out some good news though - yep, people are selling breast milk on it's own -

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/news/Mother-produces-breast-milk-sells-online/article-2290724-detail/article.html

That's really cool I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Looks like plasma donation pays ok

thanks Clarribo - but it's in the States and the costs of travelling there would cancel out the benefits of the money I should think :(
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Dolls wrote: »
    thanks Clarribo - but it's in the States and the costs of travelling there would cancel out the benefits of the money I should think :(

Ah I thought you were asking about the States you meant it is ok to sell eggs there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Ah I thought you were asking about the States you meant it is ok to sell eggs there.

hiya,

yes, I guess I expressed myself badly in my original post. Yes, I meant it's okay to sell human eggs in the States. But if you have the right education, health record and appearance, you can get so much money for them there it would be worth your while financially even figuring in the costs of travel from the UK.
  • Options
    diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you can sell the er, service, of feeding someone your own milk, but can you actually like sell the stuff itself?

Yup!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1285365/Mother-produces-breast-milk-selling-online--15-ounces.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ring up Fray Bentos and see what they say?
  • Options
    ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Well of course. And personally being a milkmaid sounds a most lovely job to me, just like being paid to comfort someone, but some people are not able to work outside the family as they have young children or sick relatives to care for.

Have found out some good news though - yep, people are selling breast milk on it's own -

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/news/Mother-produces-breast-milk-sells-online/article-2290724-detail/article.html

That's really cool I think.

What kind of loon would feed their young baby milk from a random woman online?

Edit, just to clarify, I appreciate that lots of babies (preeemies in SCBU in particular) benefit form donated milk and that is fabulous but you have no idea about any screening of mother or milk from some random online