Will you be buying the 5s or 5c

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    No I'm quite happy with my Samsung phone (running Android) for now.
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will keep my 4s, no point me upgrading to a 5 from a 4s and the only thing the 5s has to offer me is a fingerprint reader. My 5 year old laptop has a fingerprint reader and i never use it, its just a gimmick really. Ok it my be capable of 4G but even that is not even complete over here yet.

As the 4s will get ios 7, and im not even sure i want it whats the point in upgrading.
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I don't like the look of iOS 7. As for the iPhone 5S, it's an attractive handset, but very expensive. I'm put off by its poor battery life, the lack of microSD card support and the fingerprint scanner (which vibrates). The NSA has probably collected enough of my personal information already.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance. Next Nexus for me. :)
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any reason not to get a 5?
  • neil79neil79 Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still on a 4 so am going for a 5S :)
    For me IOS is the best :D
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    barky99 wrote: »
    iPhone 5C ... £469 in UK ... bargain?

Bloomberg and CNBC were covering and analysing Apple's product launches this evening and for a supposed mid range phone, the 5C does have a high end price :eek: although contract deals would offer better value for money.

That said, the 5C is unlikely to be a game changer for Apple at those sorts of prices so no, I won't be buying one.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance, I would rather stick with my Galaxy S3 until the S5 comes out next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I won't be buying either of these phones .

Think I might wait for the Nexus 5 or the next Huawei
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »

apple is so snob and arrogant , they make u install quickview something. it s curious that this is required only when the problem is concerning apple... I have never found another site or video to ask for this program ever , so , no thank you , i m not installing extra crap soft from apple just to see a video. youtube plays billions of videos every day and never asked me for nothing. I think apple should model itself on the public , not the other way around.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adi_carnat wrote: »
    apple is so snob and arrogant , they make u install quickview something. it s curious that this is required only when the problem is concerning apple... I have never found another site or video to ask for this program ever , so , no thank you , i m not installing extra crap soft from apple just to see a video. youtube plays billions of videos every day and never asked me for nothing. I think apple should model itself on the public , not the other way around.

Yeah it is aimed at mac users QuickTime player is installed standard on all macs.
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    Yeah it is aimed at mac users QuickTime player is installed standard on all macs.

so the rest of us don t exist? like.... don t know.... most of us... more than 95% of world computers run non mac soft...

arogant and snobs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so the rest of us don t exist? like.... don t know.... most of us... more than 95% of world computers run non mac soft...

arogant and snobs

Also to do with fact apple hate flash
    Forum Member
    Also to do with fact apple hate flash

so if they choose to loose face , so be it... i don t think people will install quick time just for a video... not worth it...

i think by tom it will appear on youtube as well
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

arogant and snobs

BUT THEY MADE A GOLD PHONE!

What colours your phone. bet it's not gold....

This proves Apple is better!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so if they choose to loose face , so be it... i don t think people will install quick time just for a video... not worth it...

i think by tom it will appear on youtube as well

YouTube will be replaced with HTML 5 probably only reason it hasn't already is due to fact you would be able get around ads a lot easier and google wouldn't like that.

But kind of agree they should of had it in a more well known program.
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    BUT THEY MADE A GOLD PHONE!

What colours your phone. bet it's not gold....

This proves Apple is better!

yes :)

this proves the target customers of iphone... the people who buy a phone because they see a advert on the telly. and now :) , WOOOOOOW , it s gold colored... how cocky is that?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    yes :)

this proves the target customers of iphone... the people who buy a phone because they see a advert on the telly. and now :) , WOOOOOOW , it s gold colored... how cocky is that?

I'm just messing with you mate ;)
    Forum Member
    YouTube will be replaced with HTML 5 probably only reason it hasn't already is due to fact you would be able get around ads a lot easier and google wouldn't like that.

But kind of agree they should of had it in a more well known program.

no no no..... i don t agree.... it s not about html 5 or flash.

I don t mind installing a plug in , but apple make u install the whole program. did it once before and the quick time crap screwed everything , installed a new video player. why? the hell with them...

the should install a simple basic plug in that runs in the background and takes 2 secs to install , NOT a whole suite of programs to forcibly make me use it.

also , the apple website with the keynote does not say it wants me to install a html5 decoder.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I'm just messing with you mate ;)

Do apple provide any engraving on the gold phone for free ... Such as names like chantel or maybe limited to less letters say mum or dad .. I'd be very interested is so.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand their strategy at all. The 5s is not dramatically different, and the 5c appears to be a cheaper looking phone that is really surprisingly expensive..is that a selling point ?
    I thought they would have come up with a genuine mid-range Apple phone, the £460 price means it's still a premium product to most people.
    I'll wait for the next one thanks, hopefully with a (slightly) bigger screen.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand their strategy at all. The 5s is not dramatically different, and the 5c appears to be a cheaper looking phone that is really surprisingly expensive..is that a selling point ?
    I thought they would have come up with a genuine mid-range Apple phone, the £460 price means it's still a premium product to most people.
    I'll wait for the next one thanks, hopefully with a (slightly) bigger screen.

I expect they thought that if other manufactures can get away with selling plastic phones and calling it quality, so can they:)

There are a number of reviews now up on the 5c and they seem pretty positive about the look and feel of the phones.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    I expect they thought that if other manufactures can get away with selling plastic phones and calling it quality, so can they:)

There are a number of reviews now up on the 5c and they seem pretty positive about the look and feel of the phones.

But are they from the usual suspects? ;)
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    But are they from the usual suspects? ;)

I don't know, who are the usual suspects?

Which review sites would meet with your approval?