EE: Zsa Zsa or Carly Returns?

ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone reckon we'll see them in 2015?

They have experience of being at the centre of key storylines (Carly's Wedding to that gangster and Zsa Zsa/Tina/Shirley issues), so they could be great!

Comments

• TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be great if they 'popped in' every now and then (like Carly did not long ago) but I'm a bit hesitant about full on 'returns' as they always seem like a good idea at first, but then that character usually falls by the wayside, has nothing to do and is axed.
  • sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not. Zsa Zsa was an appalling character played by a terrible actress and Carly was annoying. Besides I think Shirl/Carters has enough family and drama at the moment without adding to it. Concentrate on other characters that could benefit from having characters return.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see them pop in for a guest stint.
    I think it would be great if they 'popped in' every now and then (like Carly did not long ago) but I'm a bit hesitant about full on 'returns' as they always seem like a good idea at first, but then that character usually falls by the wayside, has nothing to do and is axed.

Agreed.
  • ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Know what you mean, the full time returns never seem to live up to the hype, but the short term ones are excellent (Rainie, Peggy, Honey, Aunt Sal).

I think Carly could be great though, she has history with Shabnam, Dean, Shirley, Denise etc.

And Zsa Zsa could be part of the teen revival with Lucy, Peter, Tamwar, Lauren (temporarily) all leaving.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member

This exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This exactly.

Cheers. Sometimes returnees are only a good thing for continuity and not for more contrived story arcs and bad, stage school acting.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather Zsa Zsa return. Even played by a new actress if necessary. Be nice to see Tina be a Mum. As she's a nice, caring person. Although I don't think they talk to each other anymore. As Tina basically said she was rubbish Mum. So it would be interesting to see them resolve their issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    I'd rather Zsa Zsa return. Even played by a new actress if necessary. Be nice to see Tina be a Mum. As she's a nice, caring person. Although I don't think they talk to each other anymore. As Tina basically said she was rubbish Mum. So it would be interesting to see them resolve their issues.

It would especially be good to see Tina talking some responsibility as an adult, instead of falling back into her default child mode after the Tosh break-up.
    Forum Member
    Cheers. Sometimes returnees are only a good thing for continuity and not for more contrived story arcs and bad, stage school acting.

Agreed. I think that has been the downfall of the Carters to be honest, it's like they've thrown in a bowl of Dingles and given us the choice to either like them or like them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I think that has been the downfall of the Carters to be honest, it's like they've thrown in a bowl of Dingles and given us the choice to either like them or like them.

I see what you're saying even though I'm a big Carter fan but even I admit they didn't need all the Carter kids, or even Tina really. Johnny would've been fine, along with Mick, Linda and Shirley, then Stan and Sylvie later.
    Forum Member
    I see what you're saying even though I'm a big Carter fan but even I admit they didn't need all the Carter kids, or even Tina really. Johnny would've been fine, along with Mick, Linda and Shirley, then Stan and Sylvie later.

Nancy and Lee are great characters played be great actors, I'm struggling to see where they fit in the family although I do like their relationships with their parents and each other - they just seem a bit superfluous. Johnny on the other hand I think is a great character and great as Mick and Linda's son again - I'm not sure how he fits into the family on the grand scale of things. I really enjoyed his coming out storyline it's a shame that the actor was over the top, unnatural and awkward in his portrayal of Johnny. I'm glad he's gone and I hope to see him recast in the future.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would especially be good to see Tina talking some responsibility as an adult, instead of falling back into her default child mode after the Tosh break-up.

Yeah that's because the family baby her for some reason. The only time Tina acts like an adult is when she's around Sonia. I quite like their friendship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think they both need to return even if just for a guest stint.
  • celebmaniacelebmania Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes to Carly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Yeah that's because the family baby her for some reason. The only time Tina acts like an adult is when she's around Sonia. I quite like their friendship.

Yeah, I'd just rather it doesn't 'blossom' into a relationship, it seems too obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carly could come back to help mend the relationship between Dean and the Carters. She can also meet her brother Mick too!
    Forum Member
    There are no relationships to be mended for that rapist. It's one thing to rape someone. But to rape a member of your family pretty much excludes you from that family.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not. Zsa Zsa was an appalling character played by a terrible actress and Carly was annoying. Besides I think Shirl/Carters has enough family and drama at the moment without adding to it. Concentrate on other characters that could benefit from having characters return.

Agreed.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carly absolutely has to return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickJordan wrote: »
    Carly absolutely has to return.

This.

So much more potential than Nancy...
  • Iainmcleod800Iainmcleod800 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see both return, but ifI had to pick, would be Carly. Would make sense to see her now, supporting her Mum etc...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Wonder if they'd bring Jimbo back! :p
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't need any full time additions to the Carter clan.
    Johnny's exit had no impact whatsoever on the drama that unfolded on Christmas Day.

It would be good to see Zsa Zsa and Tina, but really with so much time dedicated to Shirley's onscreen turbulence with Dean and Mick and the arrival of Buster, I don't think we need to see another Carter have onscreen drama with their offspring.

I do however agree, a guest stint is often the way to go as the cast is really quite large at the moment. A guest stint can be an enjoyable novelty if it adds to the characters story and is written well. Just having them there for the sake of it is pointless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice for Carly to meet Mick, just because it is her brother too. I just want to see that onscreen interaction. I'm less bothered about Zsa Zsa, to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carly and Deano were really close, so she should come back to help repair the Carter/Wicks family unit.