Clubland TV

Comments

• unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking on the 'Clubland Eurodace' album at Itunes

I have made a list of songs I have never seen on any (NON-UK) European music channel at every orbit position 42e all the way to 30w for at least fast few years, some never! of my 10 years watching them all.

L' Asereje ((AserejÈ) - Spanglish Version)
    Las Ketchup - Once every three months on MTV Romania no otherr channels.

Scatman - Never seen it
    Scatman John

oh Ahh Just a Little Bit (Motiv8 Radio Edit)
    Gina G.- Never

Think About the Way (Radio Edit)
    Frisco & Ice MC

All That She Wants (Radio Edit)
    Ace of Base - Never

Tacata' (Radio Edit)
    Tacabro

Hey Baby (Uuh Aah)
    DJ Ötzi - Not after 2002

Wer're Going to Ibiza (Radio Edit)
    Vengaboys - Never

Who Let the Dogs Out
    Baha Men - Never

Boom Boom Boom (UK Radio Edit)
    Outhere Borthers

Rhythm of the Night
    Corona

Dance All Night (JMRX Radio Edit)
    Jessica Wright

Pina Colada Boy
    Baby Alice

Sex On the Beach
    T-Spoon - Never

Believe
    Cher

True Love Never Dies (Radio Edit)
    Flip & Fill - Never

Mambo No.5 (A Little Bit Of)
    Lou Bega - Never

Saturday Night
    Whigfield - Never

Boys (Summertime Love)
    Sabrina - Never

Vamos a La Playa (Radio Edit)
    Loona

It also looks like a couple more from the looks of the list but I cant be bothered to check and waste anymore time on a such a crap typical UK music list.

Oh well, I doubt anyone cares about what has and hasn't been shown on music channels channels around Europe. Clubland want to make money so they wouldn't fill an album with songs nobody has heard of. Just let people enjoy it.

Anyway most of the tracks on that album seem like Eurodance and to me Eurodance is something which is usually played around Europe in nightclubs and stuff. I'm just surprised at the lack of Vengaboys and Aqua.
  • YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vengaboys and Aqua isnt usually played around Europe.

Nothing on the CD is played around Europe in night clubs apart from maybe 5 songs.

I await a personal reply from the Around The World Music Team.
  • my78my78 Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    these clips have been on music channels back in the 90s (MTV Europe, VIVA Germany):

these tunes mostly are from the early/mid-90's

Scatman John - scatman (very big smash hit - MTV, VIVA)
    Ace Of Base - all that she wants (their first european mega hit from the early 90s, MTV, VIVA)
    Venga Boys - were going to ibiza (Viva)
    Lou Bega - mambo no.5 (VIVA - #1 in Germany)
    Whigfield - saturday night (big european mega hit - was on MTV too)

T-Spoon - sex on the beach (think it was played on TMF NL only)
    Baha Man was played on MTV (Germany) too
    Forum Member
    in recent days TV DISCO played Scatman John, Ace Of Base, Whigfield etc.
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I await a personal reply from the Around The World Music Team.

Good luck with that. :cool:

I like Clubland, I really do.....I just wish they'd cut out some of the Tulisa, N-Dubz, Rihanna, Gaga, J-Lo, Maroon 5.....you get the point, the crap you can watch on other channels and stick to dance or dance related. I'm not worried if they are popular in Europe or UK. Eurodance or not, the listings in any week are too heavily weighted towards pop.

For example.

They have 2 Cascada songs, 1 for a brief part of the day, 1 all day, yet at one stage they have 6 Rihanna songs!

Rarely they have a Sash song, at the moment they have Sash Megamix, yet they have two Maroon 5 songs.

1 N-Trance song, 2 Carly Rae Jepsen songs, 2 Labrinth songs, 2 Rizzle Kicks songs.

0 Faithless, 2 Alyssa Reid, 2 Chris Brown...

I could go on...

My point being, I wish they would cut out the Urban/Pop songs and stick to dance tracks, current or old....their are some classics out there that never see the light of day.

Oceanic - Insanity, I loved that when younger.....no idea what box you would put it in, but it has to be more dance than Rihanna and Tulisa!
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Euro Dance is trying to attract people on here who regularly ask for this sort of music to be played?

Also I don't think Clubland would close unless AATW exit Sky altogether as it's there flagship channel. They should have a decent channel like WTF again that plays a variety of music anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Euro Dance is trying to attract people on here who regularly ask for this sort of music to be played?

Also I don't think Clubland would close unless AATW exit Sky altogether as it's there flagship channel. They should have a decent channel like WTF again that plays a variety of music anyway.

I think it's merely to sell their new CD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clubland at least is better then MTV Dance in the day but its the same old dance songs apart from the pop ones or urban that are updated. MTV Dance doesnt even show one dubstep song a hour now in the daytime.

Its clubland they never want to add any new dance songs from the kontor catalog what could make it so much better and make them money as well.

Like the Kontor Youtube channel says:
    ''and many more! Worldwide licensing for a number of associated labels such as Tiger Records, Great Stuff, Clubland Records, Kingdom Kome Cuts and Interlabel Music.''

Its a shame they only add maybe 10 or less kontor songs out the whole year.
    Forum Member
    for me, who knows kontor from their beginning, it became a rubbish label in the last years. mostly they releasing hiphop-dance stuff sounds like guetta. they releasing only a handfull of good clips in a year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very true from what i remember from the Kontor.cc VIVA old german days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a trance show on tonight which *might* keep the obsessives happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    There's a trance show on tonight which *might* keep the obsessives happy.

Clubland does not associate it's self with trance. Strange one. Clearly AATW are putting some effort into there channels now though. Hopefully they see a pick up in viewers.

How about a rock channel AATW? Something like P-Rock back would be great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far lot's of proper trance tracks.

Should raise a few eye brows as it's proper trance being played on Clubland TV! :eek:
  • peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just played Hit House - Move your feet to the rhythm of the beat. Not seen this on tv before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it's them making a bit of an effort.

I could see for a while they didn't listen to viewers votes any longer and it seems it's because they had plans to show programs.

Would be good if they plucked some live music out of the archives, such as Clubland Live and all that.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Looks like Clubland is phasing out phone/text voting, similar to how The Box did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Clubland is phasing out phone/text voting, similar to how The Box did.

Maybe so.

But could also be to try and boost the viewing figures a bit.

The countdowns have been very good so far. Lots of house, dance, trance.

Not seen many comment on it here but the trance they have played have been as good as MTV's efforts so it's definitely an improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The countdowns, for a music channel, have been pretty decent. Some older tunes rather than the same tunes day after day.

Some of the countdowns amuse me....the top 50 requested of the last month especially - a couple of the songs near the top haven't been available for selection for months.

I think they already have phased out text/twitter voting - anyone I know who has requested, some en mass, haven't seen their songs played hours later - it doesn't make a difference anymore.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Can't believe that im praising Clubland TV for once fairplay they have really upped their game , good selection in some playlists , still slightly chavvy in areas though , could be abit more obscure in the night time though rather than having to loop the same daytime playlist.

No dance channel has taken an interest in the lesser mainstream market since Rapture left us and Flaunt was pretty close to what Rapture was until Flaunt was replaced with DNTV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Can't believe that im praising Clubland TV for once fairplay they have really upped their game , good selection in some playlists , still slightly chavvy in areas though , could be abit more obscure in the night time though rather than having to loop the same daytime playlist.

No dance channel has taken an interest in the lesser mainstream market since Rapture left us and Flaunt was pretty close to what Rapture was until Flaunt was replaced with DNTV.

To be fair it's always been miles ahead of Dance Nation TV. I say that as the Clubland dance is miles better than the cheesy pop mixes on DNTV.

They have some decent dance and trance on the playlist now though. I think it will appeal to all dance fans now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair it's always been miles ahead of Dance Nation TV. I say that as the Clubland dance is miles better than the cheesy pop mixes on DNTV.

They have some decent dance and trance on the playlist now though. I think it will appeal to all dance fans now.

Thats what makes DNTV a total turn off and their selection of tunes are too american aimed and to be honest boring.

i agree that Clubland is miles better than DNTV at least they are playing better selection of classics and recent dance.

I think Clubland should consider having a chill out strand in the early hours seeing as they dont have Teleshopping they could use the 3am-6am slot as opportunity to do this.

They still got a long way to go yet til they start gaining respect for their brand again , one thing i dont like is they still play a hefty amount of urban which they can make use of that on Channel AKA and Massive R&B instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what makes DNTV a total turn off and their selection of tunes are too american aimed and to be honest boring.

i agree that Clubland is miles better than DNTV at least they are playing better selection of classics and recent dance.

I think Clubland should consider having a chill out strand in the early hours seeing as they dont have Teleshopping they could use the 3am-6am slot as opportunity to do this.

They still got a long way to go yet til they start gaining respect for their brand again , one thing i dont like is they still play a hefty amount of urban which they can make use of that on Channel AKA and Massive R&B instead.

Clubland had a chill out strand it or countdown a few weeks ago. Not really sure if it was popular though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member

Clubland does have a chillout hour of sorts on Sundays at 8am. It's called 'The Chiller Cabinet'. The choices are slightly predictable, (Moby, The Beloved, Massive Attack) but there are a few more obscure tracks thrown in for good measure. Sven Vath - Accident In Paradise for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Clubland had a chill out strand it or countdown a few weeks ago. Not really sure if it was popular though.

MTV Dance used to have a decent playlist when they had Sunset Sessions in 2008 they played a few gems like :

Paul van Dyk - My World
    William Orbit - Water from a Vine Leaf

Nugsey05 wrote: »
    Clubland does have a chillout hour of sorts on Sundays at 8am. It's called 'The Chiller Cabinet'. The choices are slightly predictable, (Moby, The Beloved, Massive Attack) but there are a few more obscure tracks thrown in for good measure. Sven Vath - Accident In Paradise for example.

Will have to check that out then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they continue to play some half decent themes etc............although i'm not sure on this KPop fascination they play regularly.