Jacob Zuma says owning a dog is not African

13»

Comments

• Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Letting a dog lick your face can be gross but just sharing your home with a dog or cat, not so much.

Farmer's children have never been less healthy than the rest of the population and recent evidence suggests that pet ownership can add years to your life. Smoking is a bigger health hazard in the home,

Of course smoking is worse, as is experimenting with uranium so not sure what that proves!

Being dirty and living with animals is fine health wise I mean the occasional flea bite or germ doesn't kill you, but its still disgusting.
    I'm not sure what you mean about farmers children, they don't all have pets.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Letting a dog lick your face can be gross but just sharing your home with a dog or cat, not so much.

Farmer's children have never been less healthy than the rest of the population and recent evidence suggests that pet ownership can add years to your life. Smoking is a bigger health hazard in the home,

My dog sleeps on my bed every night, I love to feel the warmth of him near-by, & the gentle noise of his breathing is calming (though when he snores it's a bit annoying).
  • Options
    j4the1j4the1 Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CatWolf wrote: »
    There are 54 countries in Africa so which one does he refer to?

All of them.

And sleeping with dogs is just wrong, what's next? having sex with them? what is the world coming too?

A study published a while back finds owners who sleep alongside their pets have a higher risk of getting sick. I have a cat and it stays out of my bedroom. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I own a chicken every Sunday.
  • Options
    LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it racist? Different people have different cultural practices. Owning dogs and having them live in your house is an english custom, not african or caribbean.
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where as wearing a suit and tie is TOTALLY African!
    Dangerous Imbecile!
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucianB wrote: »
    How is it racist? Different people have different cultural practices. Owning dogs and having them live in your house is an english custom, not african or caribbean.

It's inappropriate for the president to say because he's suggesting that owning pets is a bad thing it makes them like white people. The end of apartheid was supposed to mean the beginning integration, not more blatant "us and them" segregation.
  • Options
    LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    It's inappropriate for the president to say because he's suggesting that owning pets is a bad thing it makes them like white people. The end of apartheid was supposed to mean the beginning integration, not more blatant "us and them" segregation.
    So it's ok for the english prime minister to say "ethnic minorities need to integrate more" because our own culture is not good enough apparently.

But what gives you the right to force an animal to live with you or in a zoo anyway? Damn right owning pets is cruel.

No, the end of apartheid was meant to stop the unlawfull killings of black people in their own lands by a foriegn people who arrived there with guns and cannons, not a visa, attacking people with spears which somehow made them feel brave and powerful. It was meant to give black people the right to move around in their own land without the need of a visa. But seriously, how can you even begin to compare what he said to what went on during aparthied?

Personally I think having a dog in your own house is disgusting and filthy.
  • Options
    chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucianB wrote: »
    So it's ok for the english prime minister to say "ethnic minorities need to integrate more" because our own culture is not good enough apparently.

But what gives you the right to force an animal to live with you or in a zoo anyway? Damn right owning pets is cruel.

No, the end of apartheid was meant to stop the unlawfull killings of black people in their own lands by a foriegn people who arrived there with guns and cannons, not a visa, attacking people with spears which somehow made them feel brave and powerful. It was meant to give black people the right to move around in their own land without the need of a visa. But seriously, how can you even begin to compare what he said to what went on during aparthied?

Personally I think having a dog in your own house is disgusting and filthy.

:yawn: More uninformed idiocy.(Read post 42)

And the last sentence is quite deranged.
  • Options
    cupoteacupotea Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A racist idiot in charge of South Africa after the end of apartheid, how sadly ironic. Unfortunately the ANC has become totally corrupt but they'll continue to win elections on Mandela's legacy alone.
  • Options
    chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cupotea wrote: »
    A racist idiot in charge of South Africa after the end of apartheid, how sadly ironic. Unfortunately the ANC has become totally corrupt but they'll continue to win elections on Mandela's legacy alone.
    They'll continue to win elections because the Xhosa are the second largest tribe after the Zulu. And the fact that the ANC voted Jacob Zuma, a Zulu, leader of the ANC and made him nominal President of the country, brought alot of Zulus over to the ANC and away from the Inkatha Freedom Party

The province of the Western Cape will never be won by the ANC because the majority of the people are of mixed race and they vote for the Opposition. (Helen Zille, a white woman, is Premier of the Western Cape)