Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    They spent so long talking about Kirsty’s teeth that they might as well have had a phone-in on the subject.

Seriously Wrighty. you need to sort out the plummetting triviality of these discussion topics. You’re not much better than mumsnet these days.

I agree. The first and second topics are normally interesting and then it starts to degrade into triviality and plain daftness. It needs looking at as people will turn off before the final subject. The friday tv reviews are monotonous and should be discarded.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    TOWIE creature (predictably) brought nothing to the panel today. Her contribution to the paper review consisted of clumsily reading out/aaht the headlines and then sitting there largely mute as the grown-ups picked up the slack from her inability to string a sentence together on anything other than make-up (her dream career apparently). Wrighty subsequently informing us she was “bricking it” at the thought of having to read out loud and have an opinion. Speaks volumes that she took Wrighty’s 1970s “You’re a top bird” thanks as high praise indeed. More quality bookings Wrighty - Keep up the good work.... :rolleyes:

The further involvement of the grotesques in the audience, today as part of the ad bumper question, has me concerned now that Eric is gone (and his bland replacement isn’t adding much) we’ll see more of The Grimbo and her odd friends taking part at ever increasing levels.
    She did at least get involved in the parenting TP. Jury TP went right over her head as expected. The barrister call seemed to throw Wrighty as he could barely get a word in :p

Would be interesting to get regional ratings for today's show, I suspect Essex would've switched off en masse once they noticed who the guest was. Tomorrow we have a 90s boyband wallah on. Believe it or not they weren't one-hit wonders - the Smash Hits generation lapped this dross up in the late 90s.

Not all the audience were grotesque - the bird in pink visible just before the credits rolled was a stunner.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could not believe that the well educated and informed genius that is Wright, needed to be corrected in misinforming all about directions in Court. The panelist numpties just are as ill informed or follow my leader and perhaps this is an indication that you don't know it all and should listen more Mr Wright. Quite funny seeing him melt almost in fear once put in place.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I keep having to stop myself taking the mickey out of Fatima because of her slow way of speaking and her many stock phrases because she is such a sincere and kind lady, I feel bad for wishing she'd speed up a bit when she talks.

Loved the lady Barrister talking over Matthew. Loved it!

Not sure why the young woman from Essex was on the panel? OK, I gather she was once in a "scripted reality show" called The Only Way Is Essex - but being on that hardly makes her a celebrity, so how come she's still classed as a celebrity when she's no longer in that show?

And what did she bring to the table?

Nothing.
    Except perhaps to make me think Colleen Nolan wasn't so bad after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive given up on this week, Fatti just is too annoying for me to cope with,
  • Options
    whirlingthunderwhirlingthunder Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I

Loved the lady Barrister talking over Matthew. Loved it.

So gutted to have missed this, it would have made my day. I suspect he'll be screening the calls for a wee while though :D

But otherwise things don't seem to be improving much at all. Thanks to you guys for hanging in there and allowing me to keep up to date - when you discerning lot start mentioning things like 'great panel/guests' or 'interesting TP's' I'll happily reset the series link ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Channel 5 is now showing Jack Taylor, I supose it's too much to hope the wonderful Iain Glen may be a guest next week?
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatima really annoyed me last time she was on. I like her better this time! she is the voice of doom with sucking the life out of everything still. and uses the same phrases a lot. But I do like hearing her stories.

Fun game I play is to predict what completely off topic point she will make in the discussion each time :D

I can't watch her. She puts me to sleep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the young woman from Essex was on the panel? OK, I gather she was once in a "scripted reality show" called The Only Way Is Essex - but being on that hardly makes her a celebrity, so how come she's still classed as a celebrity when she's no longer in that show?

And what did she bring to the table?

Nothing.
    Except perhaps to make me think Colleen Nolan wasn't so bad after all.
    BIB - that dross won a BAFTA. It was an audience vote, but still :eek:
    But otherwise things don't seem to be improving much at all. Thanks to you guys for hanging in there and allowing me to keep up to date - when you discerning lot start mentioning things like 'great panel/guests' or 'interesting TP's' I'll happily reset the series link ;)
    You're welcome. We have Lowri and Iwan Thomas on the panel next week, that's an improvement on this week's for me. Lowri can't be accused of sending anyone to sleep and Iwan does have a personality.
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I can't watch her. She puts me to sleep.
    Her #1 fan rung in today...that may convince Wrighty to bring her back. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lowri annoys me but I'm actually glad she's back.
    Now THERE'S an admission.

:o
  • Options
    Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Mr Wright didn't mention the passing this week of Kevin Ayers of Soft Machine. I would have thought they would be right up his street, given their association with the Canterbury Scene and his love for Gong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt does seem to have a genuine affection and respect for Fatima so I guess she will be back. Maybe her panalist skills will improve in time.

Not bad next week. I like Iwan and, whilst I can't stand her, at least Lowri will provide some talking points.

Anyone know who the guests are?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt does seem to have a genuine affection and respect for Fatima so I guess she will be back. Maybe her panalist skills will improve in time.

Not bad next week. I like Iwan and, whilst I can't stand her, at least Lowri will provide some talking points.

Me too;)

2 guests he mentioned (can't remember the others, but I'm sure there are no Aussie soap actors:D) are actor who plays Paddy the vet in Emmerdale.

Brian Cox (the actor, not the prof)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri annoys me but I'm actually glad she's back.
    Now THERE'S an admission.

:o
    I would even have Yasmin back over Fatima, and she seriously annoys me. Now THERE's an admission :p

BIB - Unlikely. It's not just the voice, it's the presentation...you can't fake personality. Terry has a nasal voice but he's great to watch. Liberally throws in a few jokes during the papers/last TP but can also articulate himself during serious debate. It was great when he was on with Yasmin, he tore her to shreds.

Guests are as follows:

Mon - Gino D'Acampo
    Tue - Faye Tozer
    Wed - Brian Cox (not that one :p)
    Thu - Dominic Brunt
    Fri - Michael Ball

I had to look two of 'em up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would even have Yasmin back over Fatima, and she seriously annoys me. Now THERE's an admission :p

BIB - Unlikely. It's not just the voice, it's the presentation...you can't fake personality. Terry has a nasal voice but he's great to watch. Liberally throws in a few jokes during the papers/last TP but can also articulate himself during serious debate. It was great when he was on with Yasmin, he tore her to shreds.

Guests are as follows:

Mon - Gino D'Acampo
    Tue - Faye Tozer
    Thu - Dominic Brunt
    Fri - Michael Ball

Thanks. Sadly, I know who they all are, even Faye Tozer! :o Good line up next week.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're welcome. We have Lowri and Iwan Thomas on the panel next week, that's an improvement on this week's for me. Lowri can't be accused of sending anyone to sleep and Iwan does have a personality.

No down Iwan will get to bore us all about Pistorious, as well as boring us in general. He does nothing for me.
    Her #1 fan rung in today...that may convince Wrighty to bring her back. :(

who was that? I didn't watch any of the TPs. I might be dazzled by the personality of the moron from 911.
    Brian Cox (the actor, not the prof)

Cue clip of Bob Servant Independent. The audience sits stony-faced while Matthew fake-laughs inanely.

Yes, at least Yasmin has some life in her, even if she is a berk.
    Guests are as follows:

Mon - Gino D'Acampo
    Tue - Faye Tozer
    Thu - Dominic Brunt
    Fri - Michael Ball

I know of all of them apart from Thurs, but care for none of them. Michael Ball was on Breakfast today along with his belly, except one of his videos that was shown where he seemed to have had it digitally vanquished!

Is Faye also on ITV's crappy reunion show like that waster from 911?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Mon - Gino D'Acampo Gets on my nerves.
    Tue - Faye Tozer Think she's been on before and was ok.
    Wed - Brian Cox (not that one :p) Will probably have some opinions.
    Thu - Dominic Brunt Nice bloke. Good comedy actor - makes Zombie films so will probably be discussing his latest.
    Fri - Michael Ball Was quite amiable last time he was on.

Lowri will probably talk over all of them, but, hey, I've decided to find that endearing from now on.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Wow.
    That IS an admission! :D
  • Options
    StarDeltaStarDelta Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Surely the WS as reared it's own potential micro dot celebrities, the ones that sit in the audience every day for months and years. Tell them they will in turn be a guest, Wrighty could ask whats it like attending all these years. We can here them speak it could be a revaluation or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Sadly, I know who they all are, even Faye Tozer! :o Good line up next week.
    Steps...people knew Claire, H and Lisa at a push. Faye and Lee were the obscure ones. Fun fact - Faye's parents live about 4 miles away from me.
    No down Iwan will get to bore us all about Pistorious, as well as boring us in general. He does nothing for me.
    Well tbf he did present some of the Paralympics, so I'd expect him to have a take on Pistorius. He's also been in the fray more recently than Fatima so he carries more weight. Are there any sporting panellists that are up your street? :p
    who was that? I didn't watch any of the TPs. I might be dazzled by the personality of the moron from 911.
    Betty from Hampshire - 10:35am, 80 mins in. Last call on the exes TP. Very cringy but she seemed a nice lady.

911 bloke may as well not have been there. I can see how the preteens would've swooned over him back in the day though.
    Yes, at least Yasmin has some life in her, even if she is a berk.
    Putting it mildly. Wrighty always leaves it to the other panellist or the callers to put her in her place.
    I know of all of them apart from Thurs, but care for none of them. Michael Ball was on Breakfast today along with his belly, except one of his videos that was shown where he seemed to have had it digitally vanquished!
    I'm a bit nonplussed. I care for Gino and Faye vaguely.
    Is Faye also on ITV's crappy reunion show like that waster from 911?
    Nah, Steps got a whole series to themselves on Sky Living last year. I know a worrying amount about them :o
    Wow.
    That IS an admission! :D
    You'd have to go some to better that one :cool:
    StarDelta wrote: »
    Surely the WS as reared it's own potential micro dot celebrities, the ones that sit in the audience every day for months and years. Tell them they will in turn be a guest, Wrighty could ask whats it like attending all these years. We can here them speak it could be a revaluation or not.
    You'd be opening up a Pandora's box there. One minute at the end of the show is disturbing enough...:eek:
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I noticed that! Actually, he looked better in real life, belly and all, that video stretched him weirdly and made him all out of proportion.

I do like Michael Ball though, he always makes a good chatty guest. He's been on The Wright Stuff a few times and always has intelligent views.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    I do like Michael Ball though, he always makes a good chatty guest. He's been on The Wright Stuff a few times and always has intelligent views.

I’ve always thought of Ball as Biggins’ “mini-me”. I use mini in it’s loosest possible sense as the girth of the two men is more similar than I daresay either would like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And regarding Iwan - I'm sure he'll have plenty to say about horsemeat in burgers. He's always going on about his liking for fast food.

Like all athletes, he's so intense and focused - but I like him.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Guests are as follows:

Mon - Gino D'Acampo
    Tue - Faye Tozer
    Thu - Dominic Brunt
    Fri - Michael Ball

Oh God. Monday is a no go them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew off sick and Lowri pregnant (twins) It's like Groundhog Day!
This discussion has been closed.