Mick's wife in EE, such a terrible actress.

2»

Comments

• ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    max_db wrote: »
    Watching her trying to act makes me cringe, especially after last night's performance.

What were they thinking putting her on there, OK so we all know most of them can't act to save their lives but even I could do better than her and she's getting paid to do it! :blush::blush:

Don't agree at all. She's brilliant! As are mostly all of the actors on EE.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disagree.

She is a very good actress.

Her over the top cabaret like acting is part of the character.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she acts it perfectly.

the character is herself an actress and Kellie portrays that perfectly, she captures the vulnerability and panto esque nature of Linda, she is doing great for me.
  • SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The performative/theatrical aspect is indeed part of Linda's character. She is always in the public eye and very preoccupied with appearances.
    The most intriguing and revealing scenes show Linda all by herself (as in her reaction to Johnny's coming out) and I hope we will get more of that
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shes fine. Some people have no idea the difference between a good actor and a bad one.

And even if they are bad on EE doesn't necessary mean they are a bad actor (look at the guy that played Sam).
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think shes great and i like her in the archers aswell
  • Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I couldn't disagree more, sorry! I think she's brilliant. Linda is very much an actress within herself, putting on a show and being o.t.t. I think Kellie is doing a brilliant job playing her. I find her quite funny with her spats with Shirley!
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie Bright is a terrific actress actually
    I really hate it when people start slating actors and actresses due to their opinions on their character
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just another roxy - she looks like her and squacks like her - EE have to many gobby tarts-
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that she is rubbish as Linda, especially those stupid faces that she pulls.
    Shes a poor mans Anita Dobson (I wasn't a fan of her either).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    I agree that she is rubbish as Linda, especially those stupid faces that she pulls.
    Shes a poor mans Anita Dobson (I wasn't a fan of her either).

Not a fan of Angie? Omg!
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Think Kellie Bright is actually good. Heard she was in Bad Girls before ?.

Cassie Tyler aye, she was a lesbian who once had a crush on Yvonne Atkins (Shirley EE) :D
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    I actually think Danny Dyer (Mick) is the worst actor of the Carter family! He's only got three expressions, one of which is a pained, constipated look.

I was cringing at his acting in the scene where his son came out, but everyone else was raving about it!

It was a touching scene, and the son was pretty good in it, but whenever Danny's eyes kept closing he looked like a menacing gangster - which I doubt was Danny's intention!
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she is a good actress and acted well in her other roles. However, I'm judging her acting performance on EE alone, not some other role she played, and it hasn't been really that good at all. I don't know if the over theatrical aspect of her acting is meant to be part of the character or not, but I don't think it works either way IMHO. That's not to say she does a bad job in every scene or anything, she can obviously act competently in some scenes, but others not so much. But in the main, I'm not convinced by her.

I don't think you need a degree to to have an opinion about an actor/actress's performances to be honest. Everybody has their own preference regarding different acting styles. If you're not convinced by a performance - then naturally you won't be full of praise for that actor/actress. It's that simple.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I think she's going to be great. Her mannerisms and facial expressions do remind me of Angie, though!!