Options

Gordon Hill for CBB?

pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
Forum Member
Viral Internet star Gordon Hill has been asked to enter CBB according to The Sun.

They claim that the 4'2 guy also known as 'The Wealdstone Raider' will be going in alongside Katie Hopkins and Michelle Visage.

Comments

• Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he related to Gordon Bennett? :D:D
  • Options
    james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U want some?
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a second I thought this would be the ex-Millwall and QPR player, which would seem an odd booking.

Mind you he's more of a celebrity than this bloke.
  • Options
    peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    I hope it's true

I know him. He's hilarious
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard pewdiepie might be going in. :eek:
    Or I just made that up like The Sun I dunno. :p
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I heard pewdiepie might be going in. :eek:
    Or I just made that up like The Sun I dunno. :p

Ya want some?
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    For a second I thought this would be the ex-Millwall and QPR player, which would seem an odd booking.

Mind you he's more of a celebrity than this bloke.

Is that the same Gordon Hill who played for Man U at one time? Vague memories from early childhood of seeing him in the FA Cup final.
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got no fans
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    So scripted reality stars aren't famous enough but "viral sensations" are?
  • Options
    Shane_RossShane_Ross Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »
    So scripted reality stars aren't famous enough but "viral sensations" are?

It better watching him than some fool from towie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Is that the same Gordon Hill who played for Man U at one time? Vague memories from early childhood of seeing him in the FA Cup final.

Yep, played for England too.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    No YouTube star will ever go into the house.

Every year there are rumours that a youtube star will go in. They never do.The truth is if you don't even have a show on a satellite channel then can you even be called a z lister?
    It doesn't matter how many followers they have it just wont happen. The producers don't want to alienate the older audience.
  • Options
    peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »
    Nif you don't even have a show on a satellite channel then can you even be called a z lister?

Faria Alam
    Average looking woman who had sex with an ugly man and got famous off the back of it.

Appeared in CBB
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    No YouTube star will ever go into the house.

Every year there are rumours that a youtube star will go in. They never do.The truth is if you don't even have a show on a satellite channel then can you even be called a z lister?
    It doesn't matter how many followers they have it just wont happen. The producers don't want to alienate the older audience.

Every year the rumours that youtube stars will be going in are invariably started by the Youtube stars themselves
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought it was the 1970s footballer clearly this Gordon hill won't be there.

As others have said youtube "stars" are below z list
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    At first I thought it was the 1970s footballer clearly this Gordon hill won't be there.

As others have said youtube "stars" are below z list

I have to disagree there. I don't enjoy or admire the YouTuber phenomenon, but you'd be a fool to write it off. There is a whole generation to which youtubers ARE the A listers, and it's that generation that TV execs want to target.

Youtubers might not be widely known with older people, but they're a huge business and are becoming more and more of a big deal.

Zoella has been all over the news with her book 'scandal', Bethany Mota competed on the recent series of Dancing With the Stars and PewDiePie just was heavily joked about in an episode of South Park. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have no doubt we'll see a Youtuber on CBB sooner rather than later, but it won't be anyone as 'big' as PewDiePie, IMO.

Edited to add: this Gordon guy sounds about the right level of YouTube fame that CBB could get :D
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw the title of the thread I thought you meant Gordon Hill the footballer who played for Manchester United in the 80's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm, I don't know much about youtubers, but I don't think this guy is one. He just appeared saying stupid things on a vid that then went viral.

As for whether proper You-tubers will ever get on, many of them are more famous then many contestants, mind you that isn't saying a great deal.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »

He was a big star in his Man Utd days. Perhaps unbelievably to those too young to remember, United dropped to the second division in the early seventies. Hill was part of a youthful stylish team that changed the clubs fortunes and arguably didn't fulfil his true potential. He was a tremendously skilful player.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Umm, I don't know much about youtubers, but I don't think this guy is one. He just appeared saying stupid things on a vid that then went viral.

As for whether proper You-tubers will ever get on, many of them are more famous then many contestants, mind you that isn't saying a great deal.

You're right, he's not a 'YouTuber' in the sense to compare with Zoella, I'm just referring to this idea some digital spy forum members have that anyone with YouTube fame is Z list. This Gordon guy might be but others aren't.

I agree with you that many of them are far more famous than most contestants... Plus their careers are still on the up, which is the opposite of most reality tv show contestants.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I have to disagree there. I don't enjoy or admire the YouTuber phenomenon, but you'd be a fool to write it off. There is a whole generation to which youtubers ARE the A listers, and it's that generation that TV execs want to target.

Youtubers might not be widely known with older people, but they're a huge business and are becoming more and more of a big deal.

Zoella has been all over the news with her book 'scandal', Bethany Mota competed on the recent series of Dancing With the Stars and PewDiePie just was heavily joked about in an episode of South Park. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I have no doubt we'll see a Youtuber on CBB sooner rather than later, but it won't be anyone as 'big' as PewDiePie, IMO.

Edited to add: this Gordon guy sounds about the right level of YouTube fame that CBB could get :D
    Just to add that The Amazing Race has also had youtubers on it .. twice if I remember correctly.
    And BB:CAN had a youtuber who they then gave a job co-hosting their official spinoff show the following season.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    I could understand putting the really popular youtubers on. I know some of them (like the much mentioned Zoella) have millions of followers and are pretty well known. But this guy is apparently just in one video shouting at people? Surely the story isn't true.
  • Options
    UnrealUnreal Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    He isn't a YouTuber, he's just a viral internet star, the Wealdstone Raider.

Everyone knows him..he'd be a far more recognisable face than most of the tat we get. Especially 'lads', will know him, but I guess 'lads' are not the target audience.

Someone has created a soundboard of him and it's currently at an unbelievable number one in the Apple App Store above Facebook, etc.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but once he's gone in the house, done his "you got no fans" bit (which frankly will probably be true for most of the people in there), and offered someone out via "you wansum, I'll give it ya", what's he going to do for the rest of the time?
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    I'm FAR too middle class to have ever heard of someone like that.