Options

Stars In Their Eyes

Comments

• Options
    Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera is only about 5ft 2 and petite, this lady is the opposite and doesn't come close to being a lookalikey, her voice too could belong to any cabaret singer's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    My dick with a false moustache and a waistcoat would have been a better host.

I have just sprayed tea out of my nose and almost choked myself laughing!
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Oh God it's grim, I watching out of curiosity as really enjoyed it first time round. Bored rigid, big mistake ITV.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungle is on The Voice
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how the sponsor says "Real Good Entertainment"
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My late mum loved this show when Kelly did it. She'd be shocked to see what an utter car crash it's become.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valene1 wrote: »
    Christina Aguilera is only about 5ft 2 and petite, this lady is the opposite and doesn't come close to being a lookalikey, her voice too could belong to any cabaret singer's.

Yep. She wasn't like her in any way. I wouldn't have known who she was supposed to be if I wasn't told beforehand.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    What was wrong with the original format? Why is there so much cringe-inducing and unfunny comedy taking up time?

I agree.
    could have been a great little format for ITV and the viewers. This just stinks of ITV missing TV Burp asking Hill if he wants to bring back an old show and failing totally in the process. I do think harry need to realise the film (flop) the musical (flop) this is heading for turkeyville its just not working
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Can't believe Harry Hill would do something like this. It was his poking fun at all the rubbish like this on tv that made TV Burp so good in it's prime

I've got an image of Harry in TV Burp mode ripping into this...
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    I agree.
    could have been a great little format for ITV and the viewers. This just stinks of ITV missing TV Burp asking Hill if he wants to bring back an old show and failing totally in the process. I do think harry need to realise the film (flop) the musical (flop) this is heading for turkeyville its just not working

There's a reason it was axed in the first place - the old format wasn't drawing in the viewers in decent numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yep. She wasn't like her in any way. I wouldn't have known who she was supposed to be if I wasn't told beforehand.

Not bad to look at though!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this! It's crazy funny. :D Eminem and Christina were pretty decent. Great to have Harry back on ITV Saturday nights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they do refunds as whatever the need, this is not meeting it.

Don't understand the logic why harry ?
    think that's the key issue the show is all about the makeovers/ and doors its like they merged TV burp with stars and its been spewed onto the screen with horrendous results :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this Adele thing all about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    There's a reason it was axed in the first place - the old format wasn't drawing in the viewers in decent numbers.

Hi fudd.
    I honestly cant see this doing the job Given the right updates could have worked for ITV just a singing show and no real sob stories etc.
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno what's worse - the BBC's Muppet Gameshow, Don't Scare the Hare, or this. No wonder they tried bringing this back though, seems nobody can invent something new that sticks or works. How many failed gameshows have we seen across the BBC and ITV now? Red or Black, Push the Button, etc.
    Even with this annoying format, it's not worse than Don't Scare the Hare!
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one else is Adele they have all switched off.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta be Kylie.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the original Stars In Their Eyes, so decided to give this a go. Jesus God what a mistake -

The old show was funny, entertaining an all round enjoyable. This is an unenjoyable, unfunny p!ss take that is more excruciating than trying to pass a square turd.

The presenter is Harry Hill. 'Nuff Said. A prat whose as funny as toothache>:(

The contestant couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. Which for a singing show, is a bit of an issue. Or at least it would be if there was any actual singing taking place.

Epic fail, should be renamed Pins In Their Eyes as that's what it makes you want to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all the TV Burpish stuff, you wouldn't have known this was a singing contest....
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More fun for people doing it than watching it
  • Options
    adzieeadziee Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rude about Adele. This show is cringey.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno what's worse - the BBC's Muppet Gameshow, Don't Scare the Hare, or this. No wonder they tried bringing this back though, seems nobody can invent something new that sticks or works. How many failed gameshows have we seen across the BBC and ITV now? Red or Black, Push the Button, etc.

I actually quite liked Muppet Game Show - if only for the BBC taking a risk, the execution of said show could have been better.

Gameshows are quite hard to be a success I would imagine otherwise we'd have great shows all the time :D
  • Options
    BadSignalBadSignal Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Jeez This show is the wqrst show i have seen in a while they have totally ruined a good format its just childish now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's HARRY BURPS OUT 'STARS' ONTO THE TV........ :blush: