I never realised

HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
Forum Member
✭✭✭
l know that Very supplied the furniture etc and the bathrobes in the SH.
But they also have supplied alot of the HM's clothing as well, Gina's sequin leggings, Hazels checked shirt (disparaged by Gina) the girls bikini's, Sophie's converse hi tops.A lot of the boys clothing. Etc...........

Wonder if once accepted they were just let loose on racks of clothing and chose for themselves, or have they been dressed for their parts.

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this.

Comments

• hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did'nt know that
  • MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's interesting

How did you find this out Heartache?
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MisoSoup wrote: »
    That's interesting

How did you find this out Heartache?

On the very website, they have a section about big brother and all the HM's pictures. It says want to see what the HM's have in their suitcases and once you click then it has a variety of clothes that you can buy.
    A lot of the clothing you can recognise from what they are wearing in the house. Not all what they are wearing in the house, but quite a bit of it, especially the men.

Sorry l'm not good at posting links.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Here's the link to very, if anyone else is interested

http://www.very.co.uk/

EDIT And here's the page about the hms

http://www.very.co.uk/big-brother-fashion-view-all/e/promo/182400016.end
  • reddressreddress Posts: 26,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the converse, a few of them have a pair. It's odd to see because HMs are rarely allowed to wear branded clothing so they are always really obvious to me.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    Hmm You may be onto something here OP. I noticed when they were choosing outfits to wear in the mannequin task Gina said something which made me think she expected to be able to keep the outfit.

It surprised me because many a time we have seen them being asked to return task equipment to the store room over the years. So I wondered why she expected to keep the outfit.

If they had been given clothes at the start as product placement her comment would make sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reddress wrote: »
    I noticed the converse, a few of them have a pair. It's odd to see because HMs are rarely allowed to wear branded clothing so they are always really obvious to me.

Yah - In ye olde days, they would have at least covered the logo with a bit of tape

And I remember in the live feed, at the beginning of the series, Sam saying something like, "You know those trainers they gave us? Well mine didn't fit. So I asked them for a larger pair, but they said no."

I find it all very odd
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    But they also have supplied alot of the HM's clothing as well,
    Boardroom at annual meeting ...
    "OK, who's bright idea was that? Sales are through the floor"
    Wonder if once accepted they were just let loose on racks of clothing and chose for themselves, or have they been dressed for their parts.
    "There's a room full of clothes here, take what you want.
    Oh, Twins - the Church Hall next door isn't doing a pantomime this year. Here's the keys. Feel free"
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    But they also have supplied alot of the HM's clothing as well, Gina's sequin leggings, Hazels checked shirt (disparaged by Gina) the girls bikini's, Sophie's converse hi tops.A lot of the boys clothing. Etc...........

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this.

Interesting you saying.......dressed for their parts......maybe that's the twist, they are all acting........but if they are, good for them, they are doing a good job of being 'real'.....
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Hmm You may be onto something here OP. I noticed when they were choosing outfits to wear in the mannequin task Gina said something which made me think she expected to be able to keep the outfit.

It surprised me because many a time we have seen them being asked to return task equipment to the store room over the years. So I wondered why she expected to keep the outfit.

If they had been given clothes at the start as product placement her comment would make sense.

She didn't expect to be able to keep it, but she hoped she would be able to. Unless I misheard :o
  • FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    She didn't expect to be able to keep it, but she hoped she would be able to. Unless I misheard :o

That's what I heard too. I think they expected the "winners" would be allowed to keep their outfits, which turned out to be the case (we heard the losing team being asked to return their stuff)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I heard too. I think they expected the "winners" would be allowed to keep their outfits, which turned out to be the case (we heard the losing team being asked to return their stuff)

It did say on the live twitter that the winners would be able to keep their outfits, so there's a good chance they did already know
  • previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very are one of the sponsors, aren't they? Weetabix too for some strange reason.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this, I wondered what was going on with the clothes this year (missed last year). I'd guessed at least they were all taken personal shopping out of hours somewhere.

Wonder if some of them are on bonuses too, e.g. Hazel as a model, or if they simply got the stuff free/heavily discounted as long as they showed it off.
    previews wrote: »
    Very are one of the sponsors, aren't they? Weetabix too for some strange reason.

I presume anything branded we see is a sponsorship deal of some sort.