Did you ever keep stuff you taped off the radio?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Rodney wrote: »
    Actually on a point from above, there doesn't seem to be the audio equivalent of YouTube out there to upload audio material to and have it available to stream as and when required. Maybe the authorities are worried about mass uploading of copyrighted material.

I can't remember which one, but there is one upload service that will stream the audio you upload as well as allowing people to download it. Or at least that used to be the case.

It's not well known though and yes there would probably be copyright concerns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I have to admit to having a few tapes of Tommy Vance's Friday Rock Show from the mid-late 1980's.

I have 3 from top 20 2 from sept 82-num 1 was fame.1983 feb. march 83.
    tj
    Forum Member
    Rodney wrote: »
    I have sooooooo much radio material that I will probably never get around to properly archiving it. Everything from the Irish pirates of the 80s, to the new Irish legals of the 90s to the even newer Irish pirates of the 00s - interspersed with dozens of recordings of UK/USA/Offshore stations and the full first days programming of Dublin's Capital Radio (now FM104), Atlantic 252, Cool FM, Virgin 1215 - all mainly archived on Hi-Fi Videotape. Also with the 20 anniversary of the closedown of the Irish Superpirates looming on the 30th December this year, I have the closedowns of a couple of dozen stations including the last full day from both Sunshine 101, KISS FM 103.7, and KITS 101 FM in Monaghan. At almost 41 years of age, maybe I should now get a life!! :)
    do it. please. its history....i have.
    tj
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes i do,over 700 recordings..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Got a few tapes I've converted to mp3 of Tim Westwood when he was on Capital FM and some other stuff from when he went to R1 (i think).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Only thing i ever taped was when i got a request or even got on air!! i know how sad!!:o lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all mine are classic djs-or openings
  • moordown66moordown66 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got 2 carrier bags full of tapes of all sorts of stations in the loft. Mainly 79-84-ish. Can't bring myself to get rid of them. If I had the time I'd mp3 the lot up.
  • breakbeatbreakbeat Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I've three boxes of various recordings ranging from Mike Allen's Capital Radio Rap chart, Robbie Vincent's Jazz FM and some LBC and Talk Back stuff including calls from that bloke from Tottenham Court Road, Bob's Tea Break and snippets of the final Midnight Encounters.
    Forum Member
    moordown66 wrote: »
    Got 2 carrier bags full of tapes of all sorts of stations in the loft. Mainly 79-84-ish. Can't bring myself to get rid of them. If I had the time I'd mp3 the lot up.

yes do it you will loose them by damp. then you wont have any history left. from great radio back then.
    i have . still 500 left.
    tj
    Forum Member
    radio nut wrote: »
    yes i do,over 700 recordings..
    me 1200. or more. lost 15 by damp.
    tj
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets start a network up of archive collecters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its sad but i have my old tapes of my old radio shows i did on Centresound Radio( stirling 1990 Sunday oldies show and Top40 show its funny hearing the old jingles, ads, trailers old flightwatch, and old ITN radio news bulletins ah! the memories.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nothing wrong in that,i have some of my shows ive done on rsl.pirate and radio cracker
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NealB wrote: »
    My list - Part 2

Galaxy 101 101 South West :90 02/07/00 Dance Paul Comrey (Non Stop Dance)
    Galaxy 101 101 South West :90 04/12/00 Dance Chris Kaye / Steve Denyon

Galaxy 101 101 South West :90 24/02/01 Dance Mel Sykes / Alistar White

It's Paul Conroy, Steve Denyer and Alistair Whitehead.

I've got a few G101 'collections' (mostly Galaxy network Live OBs, a few local stuff) on C-90 etc.

PM Me if anyone's bi-curious.
  • ian001ian001 Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caradio wrote: »
    What's the best way to rip tapes to mp3?

I've dug out a load of old 90s stuff, including The Storm (which had a really good selection of music didn't it?), Galaxy NE from the early days, loads from TFM (including Steve Harris playing Shakira and Gareth Gates), few local RSLs... and I'd love to store them digitally. What does one need?! :o

For those that no longer have a working cassette deck, you can buy a dedicated Tape to PC player.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-ION-Tape-Casettendeck-USB/dp/B000VG802I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1227974755&sr=8-1

Having made some great discoveries on YouTube I only wished I'd taped more TV/radio in the 1990s. Pity clunky VHS and C-90 cassettes were the only option at the time.
    Forum Member
    radio nut wrote: »
    lets start a network up of archive collecters
    Good Idea.
    tj
    Forum Member
    ian001 wrote: »
    For those that no longer have a working cassette deck, you can buy a dedicated Tape to PC player.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-ION-Tape-Casettendeck-USB/dp/B000VG802I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1227974755&sr=8-1

Having made some great discoveries on YouTube I only wished I'd taped more TV/radio in the 1990s. Pity clunky VHS and C-90 cassettes were the only option at the time.
    wish i was you i have over 600 cassttes to be done radio all and tv chart shows.
    tj
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a lot of things off the radio (I even taped Debbie Gibson hosting American Top 40 in the '90s).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also have some old jingles and recordings from 96.4 The Wave, back when it was Top 40. I transferred them to CD in 2004 - they're somewhere in my house.
  • ALAN306ALAN306 Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I have the launch of Radio Trent 945 (Derbyshire), Beacon Shropshire and a few tapes of CC in the PM on AM and FM (Colin Cook - Siiiignallll)
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have alot of stuff I taped onto cassette going back to the 70s, but what state it's in, I don't know, as I haven't played any of it for about a decade. :o

I used to record some of the old Radio One documentaries - eg.10 years after Monterrey, from 77 - and there was a Saturday Lunchtime music magazine type show which had interviews with the big rock stars at the time. Also a weekly 2 hour show where famous bands and singers were the DJ, playing their fave records - got a few of those.

Then there's the extracts of Roger Scott's and Nicky Horne's shows on Capital I recorded. Got lots of those, from late 70s to early 80s. :cool:

Also stuff from LBC in the 80s and 90s, parts of shows - Steve Allen mainly - with a whole tape of IRN News Bulletins during the Falklands war in 82 (as I was studying History and G&P at the time).

I hope some of it is retrievable! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I have over 100 tapes full of Radio bits, jingles, news idents, mainly ILR stuff with the odd bbc locals and Luxembourg. Radio 1 during the good days to......
    all up in the lotf. Would love to transfer then on to cd but would take ages. ho hum.... still listn to some now and then, radio was so good and excitng then unlike now as it seems to be ONE station with RELAYS everywhere!!! biggest load of s***!! 10/10 to Jack FM putting the sparkle back into Radio....:D
  • dazzyc1970dazzyc1970 Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have Capital FM's
    Half-Way House Party 1992 mixed by Les Adams & James Hamilton
    Hot August House Party 1992 mixed by Les Adams & James Hamilton
    & the New Years Eve House Party's from 92-96 & 2001
    plus a couple of later ones on mini-disc i believe
    keep meaning to put them on the hard -drive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right gents,ive started a group on yahoo for aircheck collecters,if you can post your lists that would help,my group is called radioaircheck collecters
This discussion has been closed.