Good Old BBC

garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
Forum Member
Whilst every other channel on satellite is knocked out bya thunder storm ALL the BBC channels are still trundling on. Do the Beeb have a special high powered rain smashing signal booster?

Comments

• TerranusTerranus Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, actually not. They have the same signal strength as all other Astra 2D transponders. So most ITV versions and Channel4 should continue to work too.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to start a thread accusing the BBC of spending £3billion on a new anti-lightning super secret satellite that doubles up as licence fee detector and orbiting cupboard for Chris Moyle's immense overpaid ego.

But the Daily Mail beat me to it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha who gives a shit u southern softies deserve some bad weather for a change.. sunny up north.. well manchester unlike the last 2 months!

shame my poxy tv thinks i live in wales and i live 7 miles from winter hill! damn u panasonic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    BBC disappeared for a long time this afternoon during Wimbledon. Same as every other channel.

It's an outrage and i demand a reduction in my license fee!
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HGWell wrote: »
    BBC disappeared for a long time this afternoon during Wimbledon.

So it wasn't all bad then. :p
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    nh3com wrote: »
    ha who gives a shit u southern softies deserve some bad weather for a change.. sunny up north.. well manchester unlike the last 2 months!

shame my poxy tv thinks i live in wales and i live 7 miles from winter hill! damn u panasonic!

Is it the fault of Panasonic?

Or the direction in which your aerial is pointing?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    Is it the fault of Panasonic?

Or the direction in which your aerial is pointing?

There's actually been quite a lot of problems since DSO in the North West, with Welsh DTT channels from Moel-Y-Parc being stored instead of Winter Hill.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/retailers/documents/Overlap_factsheet_-_manual_re-tune_advice.pdf
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    There's actually been quite a lot of problems since DSO in the North West, with Welsh DTT channels from Moel-Y-Parc being stored instead of Winter Hill.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/retailers/documents/Overlap_factsheet_-_manual_re-tune_advice.pdf

I'm quite aware of the problems associated with Moel-y-Parc with regards the Granada region.

But pinning the blame on Panasonic is totally the wrong thing to do.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I was going to start a thread accusing the BBC of spending £3billion on a new anti-lightning super secret satellite that doubles up as licence fee detector and orbiting cupboard for Chris Moyle's immense overpaid ego.

But the Daily Mail beat me to it...

I wish DS had a like button :D Post of the evening IMO.