Options

The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Stan killed it. Happy though Safarova won at least one title in Paris!
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in the anyone but Barca camp

i am the same..

you might be interested in this new 'govan' resort! :D

https://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/glasgow/?gclid=CJakg-CY_sUCFSIFwwodVwUAzQ
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    I love Novak.

I also adore Serena but if Safarova had beaten her, I'd have been pleased also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    I love Novak.

I also adore Serena but if Safarova had beaten her, I'd have been pleased also.

Funny though with Safarova how everyone has butchered the pronunciation of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-ZkJn-dWc
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    Funny though with Safarova how everyone has butchered the pronunciation of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-ZkJn-dWc

I listened to her saying her name a few times...it sounds beautiful when she does it. (I'm guilty of butchering it too!)
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I haven't even watched either final yet, been far too busy! Couldn't keep myself unspoilered though sadly. :( The career slam still eludes Noel! Delighted that the Queen fash ho and the lovely Lucie are 2 for 2 in GS titles in 2015, not bad for a new partnership! :)

In other exciting news, guess who's most likely (barring any other major family disasters!) going to be in New Zealand for the height of the NF 2016 season! :eek: My cousin, her husband and their children, along with my dad's sister have lived out there for about 15 years now running a dairy farm and my cousin's eldest child is getting married in February, (day after my mum's birthday in fact!) we had the invite a while ago and we've been meaning to try and get over there for a long, long time and obviously now with my dad having passed away there's really no time like the present because nobody is getting any younger! I think my mum's got ideas on going for about 5+ weeks so it'll be a great adventure for us, having both never ventured outside of Europe. :D
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    That sounds like a fantastic opportunity Lisa! I really hope you all enjoy it, you deserve it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh nice! Melfest might become breakfast TV for you then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I'll find means and ways for still keeping in the loop, I'll roughly be back in time for AC so it won't do too much damage. My aunt in New Zealand is currently back in Blighty as she came for the funeral and she was saying that they all watched Eurovision and the Semis on that BBC UKTV channel they've got.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How nice is this weather? Out he back with a few beers and the bbq on. Chicken and steak tonight!!
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds wonderful Lisa, glad to hear that things are somewhat looking up for you. :)
    How nice is this weather? Out he back with a few beers and the bbq on. Chicken and steak tonight!!

Lovely isn't it? Thankfully I'm surrounded by fields and woodland, might go for a walk later.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa, that sounds like a fantastic adventure!

And good weather here too - first rest day of 4 so everything's looking sunny :)

(I'm photosensitive, so having to watch the niceness from indoors)
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds wonderful Lisa, glad to hear that things are somewhat looking up for you. :)

Lovely isn't it? Thankfully I'm surrounded by fields and woodland, might go for a walk later.

Walk planned here as well, though will probably just get as far as the ice cream shop :) Tablet ice cream is my favourite. Yum yum
  • Options
    Forum Member

Good innit? And thankfully there's still a gentle breeze and the temperature drops off at night, as I'm not normally good with stifling heat, but this is really nice just lately.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    If anyone here is on ESCUnited PM me urgently with the list of songs in SF2 of NSC 123. I will be able to send my votes to you so you could forward my votes to the host. Needed asap.
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Christopher Lee

I'm not normally moved by the passing of people I don't know personally but I'm gutted to hear he's gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trying to watch Baku 2015 opening ceremony, bloody hell that 'land of fire' slogan still being used by them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a bump for Brown vs Nadal - tense!

And I don't even like tennis! It's passing the time til Tour De France next week....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dreddy does it again! So refreshing to see the S & V stat being put through its paces. :D

Petra making it all seem like child's play so far on the women's side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Dreddy does it again! So refreshing to see the S & V stat being put through its paces. :D

Petra making it all seem like child's play so far on the women's side.

I've tried Lisa, but I have absolutely no idea what on earth that is :D

I'm such a noob, I'll probably never ever watch another match, but I enjoyed that one loads :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I've tried Lisa, but I have absolutely no idea what on earth that is :D

I'm such a noob, I'll probably never ever watch another match, but I enjoyed that one loads :blush:

Serve & volley. :p
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed Rafa is out, he's so lush. I can't see anything other than a Murray/Djokovic final to be honest.

A few interesting contenders on the women's side to challenge Petra & Serena. Hard to call.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God what a rollercoaster ride that match was, I'm exhausted! :eek: Serena does what she always does, but I'm so proud of Hev hanging tough against the world #1, she's had a lot of tough 3 set losses this year, but that'll be one she won't be disappointed about. Hopefully she can carry this on through the rest of the season.
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heather was amazing today! So proud of her representing us on a world stage.

She defo has shown today the potential she has to be a top 10 player, Its been a long time since Serena has been challenged like that. Yes the fairytale didn't come true, but for most of that match I really believed it could! I have so much confidence in Heather as a player and today she showed some of that brilliance and potential.

She will be gutted after today, but she can hold her head high, I can defo see her being seeded for next year given her recent performances, I know she can maintain top 30 at least with the performances against Serena and Hantchcova in the last round.

Big props to James Ward too for coming through the other day too,

What a weekend of sport it is! Wimbledon, Tour De France, British GP and the Athletics Trials (Gutted I will miss these as will have to visit my grandmother! Especially gutted about missing the womens 100m Hurdles given Lucy Hattons comments the other day! Bitch alert! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/33250073)

Also my friend Myles is running in the mens 1500m heats tomorrow! Hopefully her can make the final!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I love but also sort of hate this weekend in the sporting calendar, when you have to be a jack of all streams and master of none! It's like a hectic NF weekend. :D