Options

Was it the BEST first audition ever?

r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
Forum Member
✭✭
Daniel was really really good, but Simon saying it was the best first audition ever...do you agree with this? As soonas he said that, I thought of Leona's and still think I prefer it, I loved Laura's last year too! What do you think? The best audition ever or not? :)

Comments

• Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona's was far, far better IMO.

So I do not agree with Simon on that.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Well he had the advantage of a full backing track, so it cannot be compared to any of the others from the past.
  • Options
    chanellexchanellex Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. I just don't know if I like this Daniel guy..
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far from it i'd say. He probably thought that because of the audience's reaction. Let's face it, Leona and Alexandra never got that.
  • Options
    Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's different for him because he had music, a mic and a stage!
  • Options
    ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to tell with the backing track and the screaming audience. His voice got lost several times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    He is very talented,
    he's got self written stuff at http://www.danyl-johnson.com

Definately a contender in the over 25's!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even think it was the best audition in this episode. :p
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought both Leona and Alexandra's auditions were better, but this guy is very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way.
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't know how Simon could even say that?

Compared to past auditions from the likes of Alexandra, Leona etc..

He had a good voice but at times his audition just seemed like alot of noise.
  • Options
    KawaiiPrincessKawaiiPrincess Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Far from it i'd say. He probably thought that because of the audience's reaction. Let's face it, Leona and Alexandra never got that.
    I agree. He's good but not amazing.
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even close, i still think katharine mcphee's audition on american idol a few years ago was the best ever.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to tell with the backing track and the screaming audience. His voice got lost several times.

Yes! I couldn't hear him properly with all the background noise. Need to see what he can do in boot camp before I can have an opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Simon often just says things for effect , best first audition was laughable, it wasn't even the best in the show :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone else said, he gets the whole stage to perform on. Its abit unfair.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i thought he was brilliant, fair enough he had the crowd to work. but he worked the crowd awsomeley
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Even though he had the advantage of a mic, stage, music and audience - there's really no denying how entertaining he was. To be a teacher you have to know how to have fun with kids and entertain them, and his energy mixed with adrenaline made the crowd, judges (and me.. ahem) go gaga. I loved Leona's first audition, but his was the most memorable.

He's awesome, just hope he can top it :D
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Not even close.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    i thought he was brilliant, fair enough he had the crowd to work. but he worked the crowd awsomeley

Agreed. I doubt if many of the previous finalists could have worked the crowd like that on a first audition. Superb. :)
  • Options
    steal-your-painsteal-your-pain Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great because of the stage and the backing track. Had he done it the old way, it wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Paris Bennett's is the best ever. Look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvDJjykQY20
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, but I was never blown away by Leona's first audition at all. I don't even remember it. All I remember is her growing more confident during the live shows and pulling out some amazing ballad performances. Yeah Danyl had the luxury of it with music e.t.c, for his first audition, but still, he blew me away and even before Simon said it I said to my mom 'That's the best ever first audition I have seen on the X Factor and Pop Idol, ever.' And I have seen every single episode of every single series. It was brilliant. He may not be as good as Leona in the long run, but for a first audition to blow me away like that, in my mind he beat her.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't even say it was the best audition tonight, as someone has already said. And vocally, there have been countless better auditions over the years.

Up until this year he would not have been able to stage that kind of performance at this stage in the competition, so so it's not even comparable with the old style auditions anyway.
  • Options
    StrawberryheartStrawberryheart Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With out a doubt, he was really good, not sure if the best but he gave a good performance and knows how to interact on stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Far from. He ad-libbed over a backing track which had background harmonies.