Stacey Solomon - How the hell did she get this gig??

Other than the obvious well known people on this years series, how on earth did this Stacey & several others got to be on this show??:rolleyes:

Awful casting all around...terrible!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree, since when was Stacey Solomon a celebrity?? She was on X factor that is it. She didnt even get a record deal off the back of it. Maybe she doesn't like to spend too much time with her young child.

Utter tosh.
  • lectorlector Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Errr, because she's in the public eye and actually quite likeable?

Refreshing change in celeb world.
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She made the final of the 2nd highest rating show of last year.

I think that qualfies her as a celeb above the likes of aggro, the playboy bunny, sheryl gascoigne, Opik, etc, etc......
  • Charlie123xxxCharlie123xxx Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet she is more well known in a lot of households than some of the others.
    And she's a nice girl.
    Good luck to her.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find something else to watch :)

And how can you call it "awful casting"? We haven't even seen them on the show yet.

Gosh, some people really are over dramatic, luvvy.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she'll generously fill a bikini in the waterfall?
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    well I dont think she is quite as popular as a singer as she is for her personality

I know ticket sales for some of her appearances over Xmas and just after are a bit slow

IAC may boost those sales
  • BelligerentBossBelligerentBoss Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maisie74 wrote: »
    ...She didnt even get a record deal off the back of it. Maybe she doesn't like to spend too much time with her young child...

It's probably more likely that because she has a boy to look after that she didn't get a record deal.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    im a celeb has never really pulled any big names in the past though has it. except katie price. aggro santos is a good name to have on the show though he is quite big atm.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    The line-up for I'm A Celebrity have never been that great to be fair, but I (nearly) always enjoy it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it this year too, especially with Stacey involved
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No complaints from me:p
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is she under contract to do 'that voice' for the whole series?:rolleyes::confused:
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've set my TV to go into mute mode every time she opens her gob during this year's series ;)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering that her post-X Factor singing career hasn't taken off, this probably is the first 'gig' she's had in ages!
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've set my TV to go into mute mode every time she opens her gob during this year's series ;)

I must learn how to do that. "OMGS LIKE" every 2 minutes.Shut up woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the most annoying person on the planet. Three weeks of her and we'll grow to loathe her.

I already do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her nose certainly would.
  • mazeymazey Posts: 136,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You could make a fortune selling instructions for that,:D I love IAC but missed a chunk of last year while Price was in it, I was hoping to watch it all this year.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,789
    Forum Member
    I think she's quite a good choice for comic value and she looked pretty hot last night too.

I agree that overall, its not that big in stature of the celebs but I think Linford is a good choice as is Brit, she will have plenty of stories to tell if she chooses to. Former wife of Peter Sellers, former Bond girl, etc etc
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a superstar compared to some of the skidmarks that made this show before.

Brian Paddick .. Ex Copper :rolleyes:
    Lynne Franks .. PR guru :rolleyes:
    Those two spring to mind straight away.

Wasn't there also an ex BF of Jessie Wallace(Kat Slater)? .... he surely gets the most tenuous link to celebrity award.
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less where the celebs come in the celebrity league table, so long as they entertain.
    In fact, I often find, the more well-known they are, the less I like them.

In any case fame depends on what your interests are and where you come from.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why does she have such a strange voice ?

never saw XFactor , when I first saw her I assumed she was partially deaf , I'm not having a go , but is that an actual accent ? or does she just talk strangely?
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why does she have such a strange voice ?

never saw XFactor , when I first saw her I assumed she was partially deaf , I'm not having a go , but is that an actual accent ? or does she just talk strangely?

She was like that all the way through XF. The words come out of her mouth all out once i.e. not in the normal sentence format that you would recognise.
  • vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Stacey, at least she will have a go at everything, not like stupid Gillian Mckeith who is screaming at the slightest thing!! :rolleyes:
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Stacey, at least she will have a go at everything, not like stupid Gillian Mckeith who is screaming at the slightest thing!! :rolleyes:

Hmm. I know... but being less annoying that Mckeith is hardly cause for national adulation is it.