*Beady Eye- Different Gear Still Speeding*

SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone heard the LP yet?

Any good?

I've heard "Bring The Light" "The Roller" and "Four Letter Word"..all good with The Roller being the pick.

Basically it's just Oasis without the classic Noel songs I think.

Comments

• SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this album!!! Been dying to hear.

A radio station in America have posted live performances they did:

http://kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rID=32997

Liam sounds absolutely cool and awesome.

Beat Goes On is sure to be my favourite song of the year. It's beautiful.

Check it out.
  • Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam has lost the plot and has done for a long time, oasis started out as a good rocking litttle band that went on to beleive they were the Beatles.

Now Liam thinks he is John Lennon and the latest single is straight off Double fantasy.

Not cool.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been really enjoying the record. No way has Liam 'lost the plot', he's just done exactly what he wanted to do, make a decent rock and roll album inspired by old bands.

Four Letter Word and Kill For A Dream are slight exceptions in that they're pretty much straight-up Oasis songs. Somewhere Noel will be smiling, shaking his head listening to what Liam and the lads did there! In fact, you could take Four Letter Word as being something aimed directly at Noel. The lyrics could easily be about him.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam has lost the plot and has done for a long time, oasis started out as a good rocking litttle band that went on to beleive they were the Beatles.

Now Liam thinks he is John Lennon and the latest single is straight off Double fantasy.

Not cool.

Considering Noel wrote most of the Oasis songs that's surely more his fault?

Have listened to the new album twice and it's growing on me. Some bits do sound exactly like the Beatles but I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    The stuff I've heard- which is being rammed down our throats by the music media- is absolute derivative crap which sounds like John Lennon tribute band (what a surprise).
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    The things that i've heard sound like they were written by a five year old. Absolutely dire. Noel was always the talent behind Oasis. This group will fall on its arse.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    The stuff I've heard- which is being rammed down our throats by the music media- is absolute derivative crap which sounds like John Lennon tribute band (what a surprise).

In the video, he's even got a mop-top hair do.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its too much Lennon, he needs to find a style of his own. Its a shame he didnt do it with this new band, he has just gone further in the carbon copy direction. Its boring, if I want to listen to John Lennon i'll put one of his alums on, not some pretenders.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Yep- when he's not trying to look like John Lennon, he's copying Paul Weller's "style". Liam should've just done Stars in their Eyes and be done with it and then we wouldn't have to hear this crap at all.
  • SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a couple of listens and very impressed. A lot is very Lennon/Beatles but thats no bad thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, more of the same, I wanna be John Lennon stuff.
    Heard The Roller for the first time today and all I could think of was....yup All You Need Is Love.
    The only people to paroidy the Beatles were the Rutles.
    All You Need is Cash...etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

and the shades.

Does he think he's the Manchester Lennon or something?

At least Noel took inspiration off them, not try to become them.

I genuinely think some of the material is left over from the last oasis session and also some Lennon imitations.
    It's OK but it's not good, mind you the later stuff of Oasis was a far cry from the earlier material. Inspired by the Beatles is a good thing, trying to become them just doesn't work in my eyes.
  • AQ1993AQ1993 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Really liking all the stuff I've heard from this. Looking forward to buying this tomorrow.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being an ardent Oasis fan I'll be getting the album. Can't say I'm expected much though.

Noel is releasing stuff summer/early autumn. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    Being an ardent Oasis fan I'll be getting the album. Can't say I'm expected much though.

You'll be impressed then. I'm a mad Oasis fan and I was surprised at how well it stacks up to Oasis. I'd say its maybe better than a couple of Oasis albums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    You'll be impressed then. I'm a mad Oasis fan and I was surprised at how well it stacks up to Oasis. I'd say its maybe better than a couple of Oasis albums.

Expecting *

Cool, I'll get it tomorrow. I just sometimes feel Liam crosses the line from inspired to plain rip off. The great thing about Noel is that he managed to combine all the best elements of past bands into a perfect rock n roll hamburger. Whilst not very original, it was heaven to my ears.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard The Beat Goes On, and Three Ring Circus live and they are AWESOME.

Live from Abbey road special is tomorrow night too so check it out.

Can't wait for this.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »

Hasn't Noel publicly stated he hasn't recorded a single song yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    I've heard The Beat Goes On, and Three Ring Circus live and they are AWESOME.

Live from Abbey road special is tomorrow night too so check it out.

Can't wait for this.

is this to be televised?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yip. Tonight channel 4. 11:35 or so I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Noel publicly stated he hasn't recorded a single song yet?

I have my sources ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap name for a band
    Crap name for a record
    Terrible artwork

I'll stick to Arcade fire, just being themselves and making great music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This album is stunning. So melodic compared to Oasis. Liam is singing as opposed to shouting.

The Beat Goes On, Wigwam, and Three Ring Circus, and Kill for a dream are my favs :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl Rove wrote: »

Liam slags off other bands.........yawn, f*cking yawn. Just concentrate on the music dude.