Options

Why do people get jealous when you're moving out the region?

MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've not long quit my job as I'm moving down to Weston-super-mare to be near to my family, and have care commitments the start of next week.

I've recieved a call from a collegue (friend), to ask what time I was coming in, and to give some information. Basically, I did get a little offended as she said "Have you just woke up, as some of us have to work".

That really hurt me. At the end of the day, I had been up since 7 and it's not as if I am a dole dosser. I do want to work again, I have been working non-stop at home packing and sorting out paperwork.

At the end of the day, I have left a going nowhere city in Birmingham, a job that will be basically be gone within the next 6-12 months to start a new challenge. She could do the same, her youngest is 18...you can't stay static anymore.

I know it'll be a struggle at first, but I've done this for my own health and well-being. Just because I'm not working, does not mean I am in bed til 12-1 every day. Makes me sick.

Would you say this was jealousy?

Comments

• Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. She was probably stressed out and hits out at anyone not pulling their weight (in her eyes)
  • Options
    CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "That really hurt me"

You are being way too sensitive. Move on.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are being overly sensitive. I say things like this all the time and really mean no harm or anything by it. My daughter now works from home and gets it all the time and she just laughs along with them and says she is still in her PJs while working etc.

Or was the tone of voice peed off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would expect it from someone I don't know, but not someone who is supposedly a friend!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are being overly sensitive. I say things like this all the time and really mean no harm or anything by it. My daughter now works from home and gets it all the time and she just laughs along with them and says she is still in her PJs while working etc.

Or was the tone of voice peed off?

Maybe I have been a bit OTT...but the tone of voice was somewhere between peed off and chirpy.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I have been a bit OTT...but the tone of voice was somewhere between peed off and chirpy.

Somewhere between peed off and chirpy lies the fabled realm of "she was probably taking the piss".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Somewhere between peed off and chirpy lies the fabled realm of "she was probably taking the piss".

Yep thats taking the piss alright she feel bad your moving on and they are stuck there. Dont worry about it.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would expect it from someone I don't know, but not someone who is supposedly a friend!

Now see I would expect it from a freind but not from someone I didn't know :D

Aww dont worry about it. Just enjoy your new job and home. :)
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems she resented your lie-in, not your move?

But if she is a friend she will miss your company, so it would be natural to be a little miffed you moving away.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Weston-Super-Mare a really nice area or something? Honest question, I don't know anything about the place.
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member

Do you not think she might just have been having the crack with you? I think you're being a bit precious about it if I'm honest.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you shouldn't analyze conversations its not healthy they are just words, stop fretting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure what the problem is here :confused:

Is this really worth starting a thread about, or have I missed something really important.