Voting breakdown.

Comments

• Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Ah yes - he coulda been a contender.;)

Famous quote from Raging Bull - somewhat descriptive of Matt's skating style I would say
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges must have known the voting figures week by week so should not have been surprised by the final result. Their unprofessional, ungracious and rude reaction to the result must have been expected.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    The judges must have known the voting figures week by week so should not have been surprised by the final result. Their unprofessional, ungracious and rude reaction to the result must have been expected.

But maybe they didn't? We'll probably never know for sure.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    But maybe they didn't? We'll probably never know for sure.

They do now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    They do now :D

:D:D:D:D:D
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Oh I love it. Beth whooped Matt, 75%, why am I not surprised?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Oh I love it. Beth whooped Matt, 75%, why am I not surprised?

I hope the judges are choking on that figure! :D

I thought they might've been pushing Matt cause they possibly knew he hadn't been doing so well in the vote . . . we'll never know that though.

Must admit I'm a bit gutted poor Gareth could've been in the final if he hadn't had to withdraw :(
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know Philip has always said he doesn't know the voting figures & rightly so. Personally I would be shocked if they did.

They must have had an inkling though with Beth not being in a skate off whereas Matt was. However they will probably be as shocked as the rest of us to the extent of his unpopularity
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt the judges knew what was going on with the votes. They wouldn't have been so upset when he lost otherwise, they'd have been prepared for it.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »

I thought they might've been pushing Matt cause they possibly knew he hadn't been doing so well in the vote . . . we'll never know that though.

Must admit I'm a bit gutted poor Gareth could've been in the final if he hadn't had to withdraw :(

Me too, and look at how popular he was with the public when he didn't even fly. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You keep referring to her (here and on the other 'votes' thread) as 'Bronze Girl' as if it is some kind of slight when in fact a bronze medal at the Olympics is a massive achievement, as is being a World Champion, which I think she also was.

I never said it was a "slight" did I? It's just in response to the many "Golden boy" posts. :D
  • steve9999steve9999 Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't all the Beth haters gone quiet now that we can see if Beth had only got half the votes she got she would have still won by miles. Has there ever been such a massive vote difference between winner and runner up. Had Gareth got through Matt would have been beaten into third position!!!
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    biggle2000 wrote: »
    Haven't all the Beth haters gone quiet now that we can see if Beth had only got half the votes she got she would have still won by miles. Has there ever been such a massive vote difference between winner and runner up. Had Gareth got through Matt would have been beaten into third position!!!

Now that I would have love to seen :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggle2000 wrote: »
    Has there ever been such a massive vote difference between winner and runner up. Had Gareth got through Matt would have been beaten into third position!!!

Someone said Hayley won by 83%

And Ray won by about the same amount as Beth - though Donal was a more popular runner up than Matt :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the DOI finals (the ones we know the results of anyway) seem to be landslides. Sam and Brianne's 63% is the lowest winning percentage of the recent series.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Cassy990 wrote: »

Yes, I was gutted for Gareth, it would most certainly have been a Beth/Gareth final if he was able to compete.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I was gutted for Gareth, it would most certainly have been a Beth/Gareth final if he was able to compete.

The judges would have had apoplexy!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey! It wasn't even close. (I had hoped she'd won it easy, but 75%??? lol)

Utter shame about Gareth, he would have been in the final for sure.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the details, would you look at how shocking some of those are?! :eek:

75% for Beth in the Final? Second biggest landslide in DOI history is quite an achievement.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt in the Bottom 2 of the public vote every week but one. :p:D
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame for Gareth, he'd have been a good second easy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

So does this answer why we were never told who would have been bottom 2 the week Gareth was ill? I can't remember scores but it looks to me (unless I'm getting confused) that the skate off would have been Matt and Luke? They made it sound like Gareth was in the skate off and withdrew as not well enough to continue.

I think it's clear that the producers knew something about the voting even if not exact percentages. There was no other reason why Matt got such consistently high scores and didn't even get picked up on the technique like others were. Even when they got good scores there was (and in fairness actually is) something to work on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanaunty wrote: »
    So does this answer why we were never told who would have been bottom 2 the week Gareth was ill? I can't remember scores but it looks to me (unless I'm getting confused) that the skate off would have been Matt and Luke? They made it sound like Gareth was in the skate off and withdrew as not well enough to continue.

I think it's clear that the producers knew something about the voting even if not exact percentages. There was no other reason why Matt got such consistently high scores and didn't even get picked up on the technique like others were. Even when they got good scores there was (and in fairness actually is) something to work on.

It would have been Luke v Gareth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I'm so shocked Matt was so low. He was my favourite from week one.