Daybreak presenters

Comments

• wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chimp123 wrote: »
    When will Daybreak get rid of John Stapleton his sarcastic jokes are not funny. Please replace him with Dan Lobb or Rylan Clark

Very hard to take this seriously..........John Stapleton is a vastly experienced presenter and journalist who can bring everything that is required to presenting serious items or light hearted items...........I am completely unaware that he makes sarcastic jokes and certainly not to a significant degree...........there may or may not be better presenters on television but one thing is for sure and that is that Dan Lobb and Rylan are absolutely not amongst them.............:rolleyes:You are simply not comparing like with like......Stapleton would bear comparison with Paxman or Dimbleby in terms of ability and experience he brings much needed genuine journalistic class and pedigree to that show.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chimp123 wrote: »
    When will Daybreak get rid of John Stapleton his sarcastic jokes are not funny. Please replace him with Dan Lobb or Rylan Clark

Yes, Rylan and Stacey Soloman should be full time presenters. That would definitely improve viewing figures
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught some of todays Daybreak and they covered the Thatcher story very well. Its quite annoying how they can and do produce a good and informative programme when requried, they just don't do it every day. But it may have been a completely different story had Lorraine & Aled been hosting today.
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Aled must still be off sick. He wasn't on his Sunday morning programme on Classic FM as the stand in presenter said he was poorly.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankgod Kelly wasnt presenting, dont think i could of listened to her moan on about what a great loss Thatcher was and how we've lost an iconic person which would be just to please whatever person they got on to talk about her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, Wednesday 13th Lorraine can do some moaning on the day of Thatchers funeral
  • chimp123chimp123 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Aled Jones is not poorly he is on his easter break and will be back on Daybreak next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    He is actually on tour!
    http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/59773/Aled_Jones.html

Great show by Kate, John, Helen and Matt today, Karl Newton as Editor is doing great! They should be proud!
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,147
    Forum Member
    The weather girl Laura's wearing some dead tight trousers this morning which leave little to the imagination.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The weather girl Laura's wearing some dead tight trousers this morning which leave little to the imagination.:cool:

I thought it looked like Disney v. panto. "Twenty miles from London and no sign of Dick" (slaps thigh) :D
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Today the phone in question is 'Where do you hide your valuables?'

Are they having a laugh?
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just flicked over to ITV and was greeted with a bright orange / yellow backdrop and Helen Fospero reading the news in an even brighter yellow top.
    Really can't get in with all these garish colours first thing in the morning.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Wednesday, if Daybreak is meant to interwine with the beginning of Maggie T Funeral build up.

Im thinking John Stapleton, should present Daybreak, for the day, even if Aled is back next week. As John would begin the day with more gravitas, and as for Lorriane Kelly, see if they could borrow one of the ITV news presenters for the morning, and just have daybreak until 9.25, forgetting the lorrianne show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very hard to take this seriously..........John Stapleton is a vastly experienced presenter and journalist who can bring everything that is required to presenting serious items or light hearted items...........I am completely unaware that he makes sarcastic jokes and certainly not to a significant degree...........there may or may not be better presenters on television but one thing is for sure and that is that Dan Lobb and Rylan are absolutely not amongst them.............:rolleyes:You are simply not comparing like with like......Stapleton would bear comparison with Paxman or Dimbleby in terms of ability and experience he brings much needed genuine journalistic class and pedigree to that show.

The OP probably wants Rylan Clark as presenter as Daybreak, purely cause they fancy them
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Wednesday, if Daybreak is meant to interwine with the beginning of Maggie T Funeral build up.

Im thinking John Stapleton, should present Daybreak, for the day, even if Aled is back next week. As John would begin the day with more gravitas, and as for Lorriane Kelly, see if they could borrow one of the ITV news presenters for the morning, and just have daybreak until 9.25, forgetting the lorrianne show

If you are going with John, I see no reason to not go with Kate too, she can handle news with as much gravitas as John IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    If you are going with John, I see no reason to not go with Kate too, she can handle news with as much gravitas as John IMO.

Yes Kate sorry i totally forgot about her.

Aled Jones and Lorriane Kelly, dont have what it takes i dont feel for the build up on a day like wednesday will be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Kate sorry i totally forgot about her.

Aled Jones and Lorriane Kelly, dont have what it takes i dont feel for the build up on a day like wednesday will be.

I thought the whole line up was better this week, Kate, John, Matt, Helen and Laura.

I wouldn't rush to bring the first team back!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daybreak continues its slide into obscurity - only 532,000 watching yesterday, BBC Breakfast 1.4 million.
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Daybreak continues its slide into obscurity - only 532,000 watching yesterday, BBC Breakfast 1.4 million.
    i stopped watching daybreak wen Kate and dan stopped presenting hate the new set and music as well:(
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just flicked over to ITV and was greeted with a bright orange / yellow backdrop and Helen Fospero reading the news in an even brighter yellow top.
    Really can't get in with all these garish colours first thing in the morning.

On my TV at that time in the morning she just looked like a floating head.
    teeswolf wrote: »
    I thought the whole line up was better this week, Kate, John, Matt, Helen and Laura.

I wouldn't rush to bring the first team back!

I like Lorraine but she doesn't suit Daybreak itself. They ought to just move her back to her own show and leave her there. Her days of TVAM anchorwoman have long gone and the lighter approach of presenting that she has adopted for Lorraine (and to a lesser extent when she used to do This Morning) really come through on Daybreak and not in a good way. Aled is a little more tricky to get rid of, although they could probably pay him off with a Titchmarsh style chatshow in the afternoon which he'd probably be good at.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that's bad - okay it's still the Easter break for many schools, so ratings are normally down, but 532,000 ... :eek:

I wonder if Laura Tobin is now anxiously looking to get onto ITV National Weather sooner rather than later, otherwise she might begin to regret moving from the Met Office/BBC
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it looked like Disney v. panto. "Twenty miles from London and no sign of Dick" (slaps thigh) :D

Not from where I'm standing! :D
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Now that's bad - okay it's still the Easter break for many schools, so ratings are normally down, but 532,000 ... :eek:

I wonder if Laura Tobin is now anxiously looking to get onto ITV National Weather sooner rather than later, otherwise she might begin to regret moving from the Met Office/BBC

Not even bringing Roland Rat back has halted the slide.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ouch. Not great. I'm surprised and disappointed because I thought John and Kate had been a good team this week, and figures when they had presented before sounded good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

Some where saying when Laura left the Met Office/BBC was a strange, as she was mainly in the met office, due to some RAF weather forecasting she done i think, not 100% sure, And they said they thought she would be the last forecaster, who would wanna get intoved in a like celebrity based breakfast show