eBay/PayPal Unclaimed payment

morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I've never come across this before and need some advice.

I bought an item a week ago. My payment is still unclaimed. When I click on the PayPal transaction and select unclaimed it opens up another page and tells me to get my money back I can click on "unclaimed" then "cancel payment" and it will be returned to me. Confused? You will be!

The only problem is, when I click on unclaimed all that happens is the help page comes up telling me what it means! I'm going round in circles here, can anyone help?

I also can't dispute it through Ebay or Paypal as its not a completed transaction!

Anyone have any ideas how to proceed?

Comments

• GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The seller has most likely entered the wrong email address (spelling mistake) when listing the item.

Have you sent the seller a message to let them know what's happened?
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The email ends in cz I think. Not had a reply :confused:
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bought an item a week ago. My payment is still unclaimed. When I click on the PayPal transaction and select unclaimed it opens up another page and tells me to get my money back I can click on "unclaimed" then "cancel payment" and it will be returned to me. Confused? You will be!

The only problem is, when I click on unclaimed all that happens is the help page comes up telling me what it means! I'm going round in circles here, can anyone help?

I also can't dispute it through Ebay or Paypal as its not a completed transaction!

Cancel the payment.

I actually had one of these only last week......the first time ever in twelve years of 'ebaying'. I emailed the Seller and got no response so the following day I went into my PayPay account again, checked it, still the same so I cancelled the transaction and emailed the Seller informing them. I've never heard anything from them which I find very strange.

It's extremely odd activity so I suggest you also keep an eye on your PayPal account though if anyone does try to access, eBay are very quick to close your account.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this earlier in the year, seller had somehow used an old email address with PayPal. I messaged them through eBay and we sorted it out, no probs. Cancel the payment as is and message the seller about it, do all comms through eBay.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me know if anything happens, because I am in the exact same boat right now.

The money has left my bank account, but is appearing as unclaimed in the Paypal account, which is odd.

The e bay transaction has been cancelled by the seller, but there seems to be nothing I can actually action on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to cancel it but every time I click on unclaimed the "cancel payment" option doesn't come up. Just the page explaining why it could be showing. Isn't it odd! I'll keep an eye on it. It cancels automatically after 30 days. Think I may be left to just sit it out.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For more help and advice try posting on the forum over at ebay...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to cancel it but every time I click on unclaimed the "cancel payment" option doesn't come up. Just the page explaining why it could be showing. Isn't it odd! I'll keep an eye on it. It cancels automatically after 30 days. Think I may be left to just sit it out.
    You need to go to your PayPal account......not eBay.

In your PayPal account you will see it straight away and there is a "Cancel Payment" tab by the figure. Click that and it will refund the amount back on to your card. You don't need to wait 30 days....that's just informing you if it remains unclaimed after 30 days it will automatically be cancelled out.

If you haven't received any communication from the Seller (as I didn't), then that's good enough reason to cancel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Let me know if anything happens, because I am in the exact same boat right now.

The money has left my bank account, but is appearing as unclaimed in the Paypal account, which is odd.

The e bay transaction has been cancelled by the seller, but there seems to be nothing I can actually action on there.
    Paul.....keep copy and assuming you are using a CC account (?), if it shows as paid on there, contact Visa and they will refund the amount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    You need to go to your PayPal account......not eBay.

In your PayPal account you will see it straight away and there is a "Cancel Payment" tab by the figure. Click that and it will refund the amount back on to your card. You don't need to wait 30 days....that's just informing you if it remains unclaimed after 30 days it will automatically be cancelled out.

If you haven't received any communication from the Seller (as I didn't), then that's good enough reason to cancel.

I'm doing it through PayPal. There isn't any cancel payment tab at all and it just keeps returning to the help page. Grrrr. Actually, I wonder if its because I'm on an ipad?

Quick edit. Mr. Morecowbell just tried on his laptop. Still no tab?
  • The_SmegThe_Smeg Posts: 252
    Forum Member

contact ebay its seams the seller has a miss spelt on his email account,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm doing it through PayPal. There isn't any cancel payment tab at all and it just keeps returning to the help page. Grrrr. Actually, I wonder if its because I'm on an ipad?

Quick edit. Mr. Morecowbell just tried on his laptop. Still no tab?
    Sorry didn't get back to you till now.

That's very odd then as I had a "Cancel" tab showing in my PP account so I just cancelled the transaction.

Contact eBay Customer Support and explain to them what's happened. You should be able to cancel it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks bulletguy. Will do.