Subscribing to Netflix how secure?

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I would like to try Netflix for the months free trial but to do this you have to supply your credit card details, how secure is this via your TV or your blu ray aps and how will using Netflix affect your internet usage as I don't have unlimited use

Comments

• tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely you can sign up on your pc and then utilise the login for the tv/blu ray. At least that's how it can be done with lovefilm.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to use your debit/credit card, but you can cancel your subscription immediately after starting it, this will prevent you from being charged when your trial is up, and you'll still be on your trial.

And in regards to internet usage that depends on whether you'd want to watch in Standard Definition or High Definition. High Definition is naturally going to soak up more bandwidth.

Hope this helps.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can just use your paypal account instead if you have paypal.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you login to your Netflix accounts you can choose the default quality of your streams. The options are

Low (basic video quality, up to 0.3 GB per hour)
    Medium (standard video quality, up to 0.7 GB per hour)
    High (best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)
  • HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replys I think I will give this one a miss
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I joined Netflix and signed up for the free trial using my laptop and paying via paypal, signing up for two screens. No problem.

I must say, I'm already finding Netflix to be so much better than Amazon Prime. For a start, I was able to watch Season 2 of the UK House of Cards: Amazon Prime only allowed the first 4 episodes of Season 1.

Although Urquart might disagree: "You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment....."
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netflix is much better than Amazon Prime. I wish I hadn't bothered with Amazon now, but I got Prime for the old lower price.

The lack of subtitles is a pain.