Ashley's race

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
Forum Member
Is this boy mixed race? I am just curious.

Comments

• xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Are you being serious?
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was Turkish or something. You can't tell with some people.
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you care?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Think half Italian
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Why do you care?

If you don't care... don't post!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Just curious, I think he has a lovely face (although he is terribly immature).
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering the same. I thought like turkish or mixed race but his name is so englishy I would be imagine more likely mixed race than turkish
  • Miles McKeggleMiles McKeggle Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a BBC3 documentary on him recently. Both his parents were in it. I think his dad is Jamaican. Can't remember his mum.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the race he won't win a medal.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TeekyPie wrote: »
    I've been wondering the same. I thought like turkish or mixed race but his name is so englishy I would be imagine more likely mixed race than turkish

MacKenzie???:D
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    TeekyPie wrote: »
    McKenzie is a Scottish name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Whatever the race he won't win a medal.

Certainly not an Olympic one, that's for sure. He lacks the discipline or dedication.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a BBC3 documentary on him recently. Both his parents were in it. I think his dad is Jamaican. Can't remember his mum.

He mentioned "koolie hair", so yeah, most likely Jamaican!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He mentioned "koolie hair", so yeah, most likely Jamaican!

His uncle was a Rasta from Jamaica i'm sure. He was the guy with the very long dreadlocks.
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    MacKenzie???:D
    lulu g wrote: »
    McKenzie is Scottish.

Sorry, I couldn't actually remember his surname but remembered thinking it wasn't foreign-sounding.
  • missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly not an Olympic one, that's for sure. He lacks the discipline or dedication.

Why do you insist on trotting out such rubbish, his track record so far has proved you wrong.
  • IrishGrannyIrishGranny Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sick of people on this forum being ridiculous in saying stuff like "why do you care" implying the OP is somehow racist. I was curious as to whether he is mixed race too, but I wouldn't have asked here for the simple reason that rude and belligerent FMs would jump on it like a dog on a bone. I am Irish and the adoption of afro-carribbean type accents by young white English people can be confusing .
    Ashley could be mixed race, southern European or Arabic, or he could be like my niece and just have lovely olive skin and a nice tan. No I don't CARE what race he is, but it is interesting to know.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this boy mixed race? I am just curious.

He looks of foreign descent.
  • queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His Achievements

Olympics London 2012 Team GB representative

World Cup United Kingdom 2011 Gold

European Cup Germany 2011 Gold

World Cup Poland 2011 Gold

European U23 Championships Various 2011

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2010 British Champion

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2009 British Champion

British Judo Association Annual Awards United Kingdom 2009 British Junior Male of the Year

U23 European Championships Various 2009 Bronze

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2008 British Champion

European Junior Championships Various 2007 Bronze

Perhaps you would like to list your achievements for comparison ?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sick of people on this forum being ridiculous in saying stuff like "why do you care" implying the OP is somehow racist. I was curious as to whether he is mixed race too, but I wouldn't have asked here for the simple reason that rude and belligerent FMs would jump on it like a dog on a bone. I am Irish and the adoption of afro-carribbean type accents by young white English people can be confusing .
    Ashley could be mixed race, southern European or Arabic, or he could be like my niece and just have lovely olive skin and a nice tan. No I don't CARE what race he is, but it is interesting to know.

It's always the same. Asking if someone's of foreign descent seems to get some angry on here.
  • sonicginandtonisonicginandtoni Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks a bit like Peter Andre so maybe cypriot or something
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missbeenie wrote: »
    Why do you insist on trotting out such rubbish, his track record so far has proved you wrong.

Absolute nonsense.

He has a long way to go until he reaches the top. He was knocked out at the first stage of the Olympics. Judo is a minimal sport which is geared towards the Olympics. That's the ultimate aim for a judo athlete. He failed on the biggest stage.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you so much as mention the word race (Ooops, I slipped there: er... the r word), some will react as if you had plugged them into the national grid:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!
  • queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute nonsense.

He has a long way to go until he reaches the top. He was knocked out at the first stage of the Olympics. Judo is a minimal sport which is geared towards the Olympics. That's the ultimate aim for a judo athlete. He failed on the biggest stage.

He has had a fair amount of success - perhaps you missed it

His Achievements

Olympics London 2012 Team GB representative

World Cup United Kingdom 2011 Gold

European Cup Germany 2011 Gold

World Cup Poland 2011 Gold

European U23 Championships Various 2011

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2010 British Champion

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2009 British Champion

British Judo Association Annual Awards United Kingdom 2009 British Junior Male of the Year

U23 European Championships Various 2009 Bronze

Senior British Open United Kingdom 2008 British Champion

European Junior Championships Various 2007 Bronze

Perhaps you would like to list your achievements for comparison ?
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

I saw the documentary, his dad is Jamaican and his mum is black as far as I recall, she has a cockney accent now but I don't think they mentioned where she came from.