Options

My sandwiches weren't very nice.

Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
I just had my sandwiches at work, pork luncheon meat, with salad and mayo, admittedly it was the Tesco's value range meat but I was expecting better. I do vary my sandwiches a lot, but I won't be buying this again. I will admit the Tesco's value crisps (Cheese and Onion), weren't half bad!

What do have for your work lunch?

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have ham and salad cream sandwiches, some wheaten bread and a yogurt.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blergh, that's what you get for eating a cold sandwich. I can't stand pre-packaged cold sandwiches unless it's a panini that's going to be heated.

Which brings us to my usual lunch - a tuna panini from EAT. It's delicious.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    You'd best go to Greggs.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey I take a holiday from the forum for a couple of weeks and come back to find that it i still being used as a personal blog.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I don't eat a lot of bread, so I usually have some meat, ie some cooked chicken or some tuna, with a salad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it comes to things like meat i think you need to have the best of the best. None of this value drivel the supermarkets seem to churn out these days.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Crikey I take a holiday from the forum for a couple of weeks and come back to find that it i still being used as a personal blog.

This comment is no longer relevant as it was moved from General Discussion. Damn those sneaky mods.
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have all sorts of things. Reheated leftovers, salads, sandwiches, soups, mezze-style snacks, a wedge of brie & crusty baguette, omelettes, poached eggs on toast..

Admittedly some of that is easy because I live very close to the office and on a lunch hour have time to nip home, cook something simple, and get back to work. Starting next week I'll have to invest in some tupperware and take lunch into work with me, but that shouldn't restrict choices as I'll still be able to take soups, salads, leftovers etc. with me.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soup in a flask & bread roll instead ?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually have rice noodles, some veg and either beef, chicken, tuna or salmon.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco value anything is generally to be avoided I think. Crisps are fine though
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco value anything is generally to be avoided I think. Crisps are fine though

As a student, I loved Tesco Value sausages.
  • Options
    cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryvitas, crisp sarnies, cup-a-soups (Ainsley Harriott cauliflower cheese at the mo), leftovers, chippy once a week. Used to get Greggs pasties quite often but they are rubbish now compared to what they used to be.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    You'd best go to Greggs.

Not if you want a hot Cornish or Steak Bake though. >:(