Options

Muslims petition to ban Peppa Pig

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
2,500 muslims have signed a petition to have Children's character Peppa Pig banned as it is "preventing children turning into good muslims"

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/muslims-against-peppa-pig-facebook-campaign-launched-ban-161435398.html#Xd6GCnW

Comments

• Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a spoof video about this

Haram pig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMeIOcN00MU

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Haha has to be a joke surely?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Signed. The theme tune does my head in. :D
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He goes on to suggest that the 'abominable creature' should be replaced with an 'Abdullah the Cat' :D:D:D
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    VM123 wrote: »
    Haha has to be a joke surely?

I'm fairly confident it is just that ;)
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could only dream for it to be banned, this programme drives me insane with the constant oinking of daddy pig. Why do children love it so much?
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haram pig

:D:D:D:D Laugh i nearly wet myself.!

The guy sounded a bit like Ali G !:D
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that is in fact real and this idiot has set-up a group petitioning for Peppa Pig to be banned then there's three options available from what I can see.

Options are a.) if it offends 'em so much then they simply don't allow their children to watch it, b.) they don't allow their children to watch it and shut the **** up about getting things banned for other children, or c.) they **** off to a Country more suitable for sensibilities.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't help laughing that his son decided he wanted to be a pig when he grew up :D
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Haram pig

Is that a spoof? :confused:
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't "Peppa" Pig a bit twisted? I'm surprised they didn't call it Drizzled Pig or Salt'n'Peppa Pig come to think of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do not think it is meant to be but then again it might be, however the way its worded it just makes me crack up.:D
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't "Peppa" Pig a bit twisted? I'm surprised they didn't call it Drizzled Pig or Salt'n'Peppa Pig come to think of it

Awwww no that's just her name. Her brother is called George!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some "crackling" good names there.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do not think it is meant to be but then again it might be, however the way its worded it just makes me crack up.:D

Me either, and they're hardly renowned for their sense of humour.
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea, but Abdullah the Cat is a bit derivative; there's no shortage of cartoon cats. I suggest something like Abdullah the Goat, or maybe Abdullah the Vole. You don't get many voles on children's TV. In fact I can't think of any off the top of my head, so there's probably a gap in the market there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    If that is in fact real and this idiot has set-up a group petitioning for Peppa Pig to be banned then there's three options available from what I can see.

Options are a.) if it offends 'em so much then they simply don't allow their children to watch it, b.) they don't allow their children to watch it and shut the **** up about getting things banned for other children, or c.) they **** off to a Country more suitable for sensibilities.

Calm down, dear, it's only a light-hearted joke.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah. The picture of the cat is the one that has a watermelon on its head. :D

Like this one i think

http://imgur.com/PQjc8JM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me either, and they're hardly renowned for their sense of humour.

No i agree all i see though when i watch it is Ali G, its the voice, things like this are hard to take seriously so i do not.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the guy should consider the possibility that his kid may not actually want to be a Muslim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just LOLdMAO .. :D
    According to Zayn Sheikh, the man behind the drive, the 'haram' character is preventing young children from developing into good Muslims. He says he took action after his young son declared he want to be a pig rather than a doctor.

"For us Muslims it is very important that we do not eat meat of the pork," Sheikh from Bradford said in a video posted on the Facebook page.

"It is completely wrong that our kids are being shown these things on TV,"

He goes on to suggest that the 'abominable creature' should be replaced with an 'Abdullah the Cat'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a bad idea, but Abdullah the Cat is a bit derivative; there's no shortage of cartoon cats. I suggest something like Abdullah the Goat, or maybe Abdullah the Vole. You don't get many voles on children's TV. In fact I can't think of any off the top of my head, so there's probably a gap in the market there.

Vole is too close to mouse (allah Fingermouse, MightyMouse, DangerMouse, Mickey Mouse etc.). How about Abdullah the Tapir?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Vole is too close to mouse (allah Fingermouse, MightyMouse, DangerMouse, Mickey Mouse etc.). How about Abdullah the Tapir?

How about "Abdullah The Pussy " for the cat.:D:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    they can get their squirly noses in dirty places. Strictly forbidden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah. The picture of the cat is the one that has a watermelon on its head. :D

Like this one i think

http://imgur.com/PQjc8JM

That doesn't make it a spoof. It's just a photo he's printed off showing a cat with a grapefruit on its head.

No, I think the video itself is serious in intent. Just look at him. He doesn't exactly strike me as someone who can laugh at the ridiculous excesses of his own religion.