Options

Help! Cream sofa/denim dye

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
Forum Member
✭✭
Hope someone can help. Friend sat down on my mum's cream sofa in black denim jeans, and as you can imagine, some of the dye has rubbed off onto the cushion.

Is there any product that would clean this safely? Don't want to risk putting the sofa cushion cover in the washing machine!

Mum is back from holidays on Friday so need to get it sorted before then. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, but it's not leather, it's fabric.
  • Options
    shardlakeshardlake Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Vanish upholstry cleaner, the carpet ones good but a bit pongy at first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzie80's wrote: »
    Thanks, but it's not leather, it's fabric.

Sorry for some really weird reason I thought it was leather:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should be a label on the cushion cover - washing instructions I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm or you could try taking it to the dry cleaners if it does go wrong then you can blame the dry cleaners:eek::p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's ok :)

Thanks shardlake, I'll give it a whirl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the cushion cover comes off I would take it to the dry cleaners and see what they say.
  • Options
    Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    We had to buy a new dark suite because of the problem with denim staining the light fabric. It's a pain cos everyone wears denim don't they.
  • Options
    Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Suzie80's wrote: »
    Hope someone can help. Friend sat down on my mum's cream sofa in black denim jeans, and as you can imagine, some of the dye has rubbed off onto the cushion.

Is there any product that would clean this safely? Don't want to risk putting the sofa cushion cover in the washing machine!

Mum is back from holidays on Friday so need to get it sorted before then. Thanks.

Maybe you could sponge it with some soapy water with washing up liquid in.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you could sponge it with some soapy water with washing up liquid in.

I wouldn't try that first. If it doesn't work, it makes it much harder to use stain removers.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing with the stain removers is you can end up with a really obvious "clean patch" on your sofa. Thats how my Mum rumbled me over a secret party I had had whilst my parents were away...

It would probably be best to get the whole cover cleaned - esp. if you don't want your mum to find out :D