Sky + HD error HP-52J "playback and recording are unavailable"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Hi, I was hoping someone could shed some light on my problem.

A few months ago I purchased a refurb Pace HD box from ebay for my parents to go with their new telly. They don't have a HD sub. Everything worked fine till the other day when I was told it made some "funny beeping noises" and when they tried to record the following message came up;

"Sky + playback and recording are unavailable" and the error code "HP-52J"

I went over to have a look and the box is working fine but nothing is showing in the planner and recording is unavailable. I tried to do a planner rebuild but it did nothing and took me back to the menu. I also tried a full reset but again it ignored it.

I've since opened the box up and had the hard disk in my PC and it seems to work perfectly. I was able to see all the content using copy +.

I've tried doing a full reset at startup (holding left and right) which seemed to work ok and also a firmware upgrade (holding backup).

The only other thing I've noticed is that the ring dose not seem to light up at any stage during the boot.

I'm pretty much out of options unless I'm missing something!

Do sky still offer a replacement for £65 like they used to and will they do it if its a HD box without a HD sub?

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Captain WCaptain W Posts: 4,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I was hoping someone could shed some light on my problem.

A few months ago I purchased a refurb Pace HD box from ebay for my parents to go with their new telly. They don't have a HD sub. Everything worked fine till the other day when I was told it made some "funny beeping noises" and when they tried to record the following message came up;

"Sky + playback and recording are unavailable" and the error code "HP-52J"

I went over to have a look and the box is working fine but nothing is showing in the planner and recording is unavailable. I tried to do a planner rebuild but it did nothing and took me back to the menu. I also tried a full reset but again it ignored it.

I've since opened the box up and had the hard disk in my PC and it seems to work perfectly. I was able to see all the content using copy +.

I've tried doing a full reset at startup (holding left and right) which seemed to work ok and also a firmware upgrade (holding backup).

The only other thing I've noticed is that the ring dose not seem to light up at any stage during the boot.

I'm pretty much out of options unless I'm missing something!

Do sky still offer a replacement for £65 like they used to and will they do it if its a HD box without a HD sub?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve - yes as long as they subscribe to Sky TV, Sky will send someone round to replace it for you for the £65
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ring of lights does not ever light up during normal power up booting.

But if you do a full system reset, the lights should rotate backwards during the FSR. Are you saying that doesn't happen?

Is the EPG data displaying correctly and instantly for the full 7 days? if so that suggests the HDD is working.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    The ring of lights does not ever light up during normal power up booting.

But if you do a full system reset, the lights should rotate backwards during the FSR. Are you saying that doesn't happen?

Is the EPG data displaying correctly and instantly for the full 7 days? if so that suggests the HDD is working.

Thanks Dave, I'll get them to check the epg and report back!

I had it in mind that the ring of lights illuminated during booting, perhaps I'm getting confused with my xbox!

During the FSR the light rotated backward for a couple of seconds but that is all, should it take longer than that?
  • michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it in mind that the ring of lights illuminated during booting, perhaps I'm getting confused with my xbox!
    On Samsung boxes it flashes just about the point where it is possible to get the box out of standby.

I don't remember seeing the same flash on a Pace or Thompson.