Options

What are you reading at the moment? (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: Well I enjoyed it, but not to the tune of nearly £500!!!!!

Just started The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain. Quite intriguing so far, and needed something a little different after a few too many gory murders!

Going to look into The Maze Runner Lizzy, sounds good from the blurb on Amazon. :)

Its REALLY good. Not quite as enthralling as I found "The Hunger Games" but pretty darn close. Of all the books that have the blurb "You will love this if you love hunger games" this is the only one so far where I would agree :D

Just ordered books 2 and 3 as I've nearly finished it. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the new Stephen King one (part of the dark tower series) The Wind Through The Keyhole, so far so good, a story within a story
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Its REALLY good. Not quite as enthralling as I found "The Hunger Games" but pretty darn close. Of all the books that have the blurb "You will love this if you love hunger games" this is the only one so far where I would agree :D

Just ordered books 2 and 3 as I've nearly finished it. :)

I'm going to start it tonight so hopefully I'll enjoy it!

Finished The Midwife's Confession, absolutely loved it. I did work out the ending quite early on but it was still a great read and the added bonus of feeling smug when I got to the end! :D
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trick of the Dark by Val McDermid, I love this woman's writing!

Love her too.I recommend Fever Of The Bone if you haven't read it and Retribution is next on my 'to read' list. I love Tony Hill
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Starting Shutter Island. Loved the film so hopefully the book will be even better.
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Black Widow - Jessie Keane - Read the first book in this series in 24 hours and I'm 50% through this one after starting it last night. It's one of those books that you hate putting down and just want to keep reading till the end. Can't ask for more from a book really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Finished The Midwife's Confession, absolutely loved it. I did work out the ending quite early on but it was still a great read and the added bonus of feeling smug when I got to the end! :D

That one is in my to read pile. But its a rather large to read pile so not sure when I'll get round to it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting Shutter Island. Loved the film so hopefully the book will be even better.

I read that a couple of weeks ago, it was a great page turner just as good has the movie still kind of hoped it would have a happier ending eventhough I knew it wouldn't.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A History Of Modern Britain - Andrew Marr
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Dalloway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    My Dear I Wanted To Tell You by Louisa Young.

I'm not usually a fan of books set during the war but this is a cut above imo.
  • Options
    dymafidymafi Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished Karin Fossum's Don't Look Back. Was Ok, not as good as other scandi-crime Larrson, Nesbo, Indriadson. Having said that there is a superior quality to it than many UK-based crime series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Just read Micro by Michael Crichton & Richard Preston.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am now onto "The Scorch Trials" book two of the trilogy. I'm thinking that all 3 will be done and dusted by Sunday :D
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member

Oh, the book is so much better than the film ! Mr Di Caprio was not right for that role atall and you will see what was missed out in the film.

I started reading a Tami Hoag book a few days ago. Last night when I reached page 94 I actually threw it across the bedroom. Absolute bilge and I would never be tempted to try another book of hers.

Now on far more familiar ground with Mark Billingham and The Burning Girl. I love a bit of Tom Thorne.
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-reading The Passage by Justin Cronin, can't wait for the next one although I thought it would be out sooner than October!

Next is the first book in Robin Hobbs' Farseer Trilogy.
  • Options
    Ms FlowersMs Flowers Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    It's not me, it's you - Jon Richardson
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    "The Innocent" by David Baldacci.
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Ms Flowers wrote: »
    It's not me, it's you - Jon Richardson

Any good?
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack The Ripper - The Hand of A Woman by John Morris.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started reading Flashman and the Angel of the Lord. Discovered the Flashman books a few months ago. When I say discovered I always was aware of the series, but didn't fancy them. Something made me buy Flashman, and I have not stopped reading them since. Reading them in chronological order, rather than as they were published.

Superb books, and don't you just love rascally old Flashy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Started re-reading Game of Thrones by GRR Martin
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilary mantel - Bring Up The Bodies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    Re-reading The Passage by Justin Cronin, can't wait for the next one although I thought it would be out sooner than October!

Next is the first book in Robin Hobbs' Farseer Trilogy.

Im waiting to re read that until nearer the time. The Twelve was originally due out in March, then was put back to August, now its October. Lets hope its not put back again, not sure how much longer I can wait :D
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Maureen Carter- Baby Love
This discussion has been closed.