fefster wrote: »
    I want to see this one so much http://www.pantomime.com/darlington.php

The Chuckle brothers are great
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP was misinterpreted.

I read it as who was in the worst place for pantomime, not that pantomime was particularly bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    This year we have Suzanne Shaw, Russell Grant and Andrew Derbyshire in our pantomime alongside local actors (who can I just say are well up there in performance standard!) Holly Brewer and Andy Collins. I think this is the best one we have had, Suzanne Shaw is hilarious as the Fairy Godmother and the act one closing number is 'Let it Go', a duet by Suzanne and Holly which is truly enchanting! Plus Andy Collins and the two ugly sisters do a wonderful pantomime version of 'Twelve Days of Christmas' which involves Buttons (Andy) running up and down the stage like a lunatic - comedy gold! It is beyond incredible, so good I'm going again on Tuesday! :DHere are a few clips from the show.

Previously we have had Cilla Black, Gary Lucy, Anita Dobson, Russell Grant (this is his second year in Aylesbury) and Jonathan Wilkes.
  • Options
    PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just looked up our local panto and it's the Chuckle Brothers one - I might have to book tickets for that :D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    We have the chuckle brothers WE WIN you cant beat the chuckle brothers

The Chuckle Brothers were doing panto when I was a kid and they were big 'stars' then :o
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DC1983 wrote: »
    We have Curly Watts in our pantomime and some person from CBeebies lol

Aha - know where your local theatre is! I get the dubious pleasure of seeing it twice!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    We always have Steve McFadden and some girl from CBeebies :D
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't joe mcelderry paid £1000 per show for last year's panto spot?

If he can get that imagine what the top celebs are paid.

I don't know what he got for last year's panto but this year he is in Snow White at the Alhambra, Bradford with Billy Pearce and they all have got universal praise from the press. Apparently it is spectacular!

Snow White
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The Chuckle Brothers were doing panto when I was a kid and they were big 'stars' then :o

I went to see the Chuckle Brothers last Saturday they were absolutely great. Best Panto ever.......oh yes it was!