Options

Inexplicably popular "celebs"?

Comments

• Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Smith, I don't get the appeal.

Paddy McGuinness. He's now taken over Sunday Mornings on my local radio station.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand Miranda Hart or Michael McIntyre. And I can't for the life of me understand how anyone who appreciates clever comedy can stand either of them. A real case of Emperor's new clothes. And yet there they both are, with the BBC's tongue lodged firmly up their arses and people raving about both as some kind of comedy genuises. And mourning the end of 'Miranda'!!! As if some woman doing 'funny' walks and falling over is going to be some terrible loss to comedy?!!

FFS. ^_^
  • Options
    jake_moore08jake_moore08 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Off the top of my head, Joan Collins (pretty bad actress, she has too much ego, and seems to lack warmth and humour on chat shows), Biggins (never found him funny), and Keith Lemon (I just don't 'get' him)
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    I cannot stand Miranda Hart or Michael McIntyre. And I can't for the life of me understand how anyone who appreciates clever comedy can stand either of them. A real case of Emperor's new clothes. And yet there they both are, with the BBC's tongue lodged firmly up their arses and people raving about both as some kind of comedy genuises. And mourning the end of 'Miranda'!!! As if some woman doing 'funny' walks and falling over is going to be some terrible loss to comedy?!!

FFS. ^_^

Forgot about Miranda. Watched 10 minutes of her "sitcom" didn't laugh once.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think most of the usual suspects have been mentioned.

Vernon Kay. Not exactly sure what the point of him is really.

Oh, and, Sarah Millican, who is probably OK in small doses, but small doses are impossible because, as we know, she is on everything.

And Jo Brand, who seems to be in panel show semi-retirement. She should have been binned off after her three jokes (being fat, "men" and, eating, oh wait that's two) stopped being funny - about 20 seconds after telling them.
  • Options
    Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off tangent, but Ed Sheeran for me. I mean as a person he seems absolutely ace, but his music is just dirge to me.

Agreed. He seems like a decent guy, but I just don't get the hype about his music at all.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single person mentioned above.
    Plus Chantelle Houghton.
    And Alex Reid.
    And all the Loose Women.
    And Justin Bieber, One Direction and especially Coldplay.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Price, Andre, Katona, Mark Wright, Olly Murs, Amy Childs, Joey Essex

All appear to have fans despite being void of any charm, charisma, likeability or talent

Completely agree with those.

I'd also add Lemon, O'Leary, Ant & Dec, Sarah Millican, Graham Norton, Alan Carr, Melanie Sykes, Myleene Klass, Cheryl Cole & Victoria Beckham to that list
  • Options
    Casper GomezCasper Gomez Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miranda Hart
    James Corden
    Paddy Mcguiness
    Phillip Schofield
    Robbie Williams
    Nick Grimshaw (The worst one)
    David Walliams
    Alan Carr
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Completely agree with those.

I'd also add Lemon, O'Leary, Ant & Dec, Sarah Millican, Graham Norton, Alan Carr, Melanie Sykes, Myleene Klass, Cheryl Cole & Victoria Beckham to that list

^ Bill 'greatest chatshow guest in the entire universe' Murray would disagree with you. And so would I.

Agree wih most of the rest of your selection of duds though, particularly Sarah Millican.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Amanda Holden.
    You're not a MILF love, you're a raddled, shrieking hag.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction

Keith Lemon - I'm sure Leigh is a nice enough chap but the character he plays is just awful

Miranda Hart - I've seen the sitcom and it's just her pulling faces to a side camera for half an hour. Peter Simon did that better on Bid TV for three hours.

The shouty voiceover bloke on the X Factor. Again, i'm sure he's a nice enough person but the shoutyness lost it's appeal ages ago.
  • Options
    BatanyaBatanya Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Oh, how did I forget Joe Swash? *Shudders*

And Amanda Holden...a fame-hungry wannabe who mentions Simon Cowell in every single conversation so that we know that she moves in A-list circles (yeah, right)

Agree about Kylie....minimal talent and a very weird-looking face that hasn't moved since 1998. (See also: Amanda Holden)

Joey Essex: Being uneducated is not a crime. TV promoting it as something to laugh at, is.

David Walliams: Unconvincingly camp. Convincingly unfunny.

Russell Kane: Wearing tight trousers and make-up doesn't make you a gay icon, dear.

One Direction: See South Park, Mickey Mouse and Jonas Brothers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Amanda Holden.
    You're not a MILF love, you're a raddled, shrieking hag.

Agree!!
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone said Russell Brand? If so here's another vote for him!
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Ariana Grande. Such a dull singer-over half her songs are collaborations (she's
    never had a big hit single on her own). And she was a plank as
    an actress. Plus she's very rude to everyone.
    I wonder how she even got a showbiz career in the first place?

"Cough" Rich Parents "Cough".
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Mary Portas
    Kirsty Allsop
    Amanda Holden
    Philip Schofield
    Jeremy Kyle
    Tess Daly
    Vernon Kay
    James Corden
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the above, plus everyone else in the world.

Except for me, of course. I'm ace.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie Williams. Arrrrgh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batanya wrote: »

David Walliams: Unconvincingly camp. Convincingly unfunny.

Unconvincingly heterosexual I'd have said, but each to their own opinion etc...
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The royal family.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction: Irritants who just cannot disappear. All over ITV.
    Nick Grimshaw : Came out of nowhere and just don't understand it.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myleene Klass, a woman who thinks she is the only woman on the planet to have ever given birth to children! Get's by on her looks and sob story marriage breaking up.

Also have to agree with Kylie, Can't sing, never written or produced a song in her life, has a lingerie and bedding line she doesn't design but quite happy to pretend it's all down to her ingenuity.
    Except she has. For example, her entire "Impossible Princess" was written and co-produced by her. She's also co-written many of her hits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Wow, what a novel idea for a thread.....

And yet here you are...
  • Options
    Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    Except she has. For example, her entire "Impossible Princess" was written and co-produced by her. She's also co-written many of her hits.

I doubt that very much. She comes across in interviews as being a bit thick and void of any significant personality. Her whole career has been staged managed, from writers,producers and stylists on call 24 hours a day. Next you'll be telling us she is bigger than Madonna.