Giant mad swan on the loose.

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor swan was hungry. I have no sympathy. You put your own belly before that of one of God's finest creatures.:D
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I panicked. The swan had reared up on it's hind legs and was coming at me.

hind legs??, I have never yet seen a four legged swan :confused:
  • RowieboyRowieboy Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kidshaleen wrote: »
    That is just a myth. The only way a swan could break your arm is if it fell on it from 40,000 feet

Correct. Give that poster a coconut!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was in the town park earlier and he came at me out the blue - was after my corned beef sarnies.

Managed to fend him off for a bit but he kept coming until we ended up rolling down an enbankment in tandem.

Let me get this right ...

a FOUR legged swan and you were riding a tandem and had an altercation over some corned beef sandwiches?

and before you know it, a whole gang of genetically modified swans appeared and sided with your erstwhile cycling companion?

Wow!!!

Where's this park you were in? I must avoid that place ... and I thought the squirrels round here were tough, armed with their flick-knives and mugging old ladies for their pensions
  • Rogelio_Del_TorRogelio_Del_Tor Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    me too, especially as I read in a pedalo first time round :(

I sometimes go and take photos of swans at a countryside park near my home, I read somewhere that instead of bread you should give them leafy greens so I took along a bag of tesco's finest garden salad, after flinging some lettuce at them in the water I waited expectantly with my camera to take photos of happy swans instead I got huffy swans swimming as fast as they could to the other side of the lake where little kids were waiting with bread bags full of sliced dry white tesco's cheapest :o

Sorry to hear that.

This swan I had a set-to with today soon lost interest in me and went after a girl with an ice cream.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that.

This swan I had a set-to with today soon lost interest in me and went after a girl with an ice cream.

dumped for a Mr Whippy, that is depressing:(
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    hind legs??, I have never yet seen a four legged swan :confused:

I meant it's back legs. Well just it's legs under it's wings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only got as far as the park sorry, we never arranged a date did we??

You are flaming useless :mad:
    Poor swan was hungry. I have no sympathy. You put your own belly before that of one of God's finest creatures.:D

I wish the swan had eaten Rogelio :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Well after he chased me across the bandstand, I quickly slipped an attendant a fiver to let me go in a pedalo.

Was making my way across the lake in the centre of the park - turned back and the swan was still coming at me! (not in a pedalo)

Best image ever, I fed swans once (emphasis on once) they are right lairy b*stards, when I ran out of bread they came out of the water quite menacingly :D
    Forum Member
    Toby_Jugg wrote: »
    Let me get this right ...

a FOUR legged swan and you were riding a tandem and had an altercation over some corned beef sandwiches?

and before you know it, a whole gang of genetically modified swans appeared and sided with your erstwhile cycling companion?

Wow!!!d

Where's this park you were in? I must avoid that place ... and I thought the squirrels round here were tough, armed with their flick-knives and mugging old ladies for their pensions

No I meant when the swan got on top of me and we sort of started wrestling - we rolled down the embankment.

The other swans must have been waiting on the other side of the lake by the icecream stand adjacent to the tennis courts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I meant when the swan got on top of me and we sort of started wrestling - we rolled down the embankment.

The other swans must have been waiting on the other side of the lake by the icecream stand adjacent to the tennis courts.

It was an ambush then???

Crafty little beggars these swans
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    You are flaming useless :mad:

I wish the swan had eaten Rogelio :mad:

We can still arrange something??

I'm doing it all again tomorrow, one day I WILL be sitting outside that Parisian cafe.
    Forum Member
    Toby_Jugg wrote: »
    It was an ambush then???

Crafty little beggars these swans

I think so, they aren't stupid - they either go in the water waiting for bread or congregate by the ice cream stall.

I think I was just unlucky as I had put tangy sauce on the corned beef and where I was sitting atop the embankment looking down over the lake - the swan must have smelt it.
  • GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the swan was looking for a new mate?
    Forum Member
    GPW wrote: »
    Maybe the swan was looking for a new mate?

Possibly although he did keep motioning towards my rucksack too.
  • GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly although he did keep motioning towards my rucksack too.

Swanning about? :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How strange. The same thing happened to me. Perhaps Britain is under attack from evil swans.
    Forum Member
    GPW wrote: »
    Swanning about? :D

Yep, that's the perfect way to describe it.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woah! Impressive. It had 4 legs?
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what kind of corned beef was it , was it lidls?
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was in the town park earlier and he came at me out the blue - was after my corned beef sarnies.

Managed to fend him off for a bit but he kept coming until we ended up rolling down an enbankment in tandem.

Is that you, Mr P. I. Staker? :p
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I always make corned beef when I'm going away.

How very perceptive of you.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    So you had this Benny Hill style chase around the park fighting with a swan. You then gathered some other swans in a mob train and then did a Leroy Jenkins on some poor mother and her child.