Blue Ray/Surround sound with Sky HD problem

I have a samsung blueray surround sound, I have Sky HD and feed that through the blueray player so I get surround sound when using Sky.

The problem I have is every so often, the blueray player changes from HDMI1 which the sky is through to the main blueray screen. it can be fine for up to a week then today in the last half hour it has changed itself twice.

Any way I could stop this?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you have one of the newer Sky HD boxes that does Surround over HDMI? If not then you won't be getting true surround sound from those Sky channels that broadcast in that format.

As for why it switches to the Blu-Ray screen (no e in Blu-Ray by the way :) ). I assume there is no disk in the drive that it could be detecting? Does it happen randomly or is there any pattern to it? ie does it happen when you do something specific or can it do it in the middle of a programme with no warning?

It could be some sort of mains glitch upsetting the Blu-Ray system. For instance a faulty central heating thermostat or similar generating loads of noise on the mains as it switches.

And one that had me scratching my head for a while. Make sure there is nothing on top of the remote control pressing down on the buttons. Doesn't even need to be the remote for the Blu-Ray either. I had a situation where the remote for my PVR had a book sat on it that was pressing a button down. The resulting flood of infra red made the remote for my music player behave as though the batteries were shot! Remove the book from the PVR remote and the music player remote resumed normal working. So strange things can happen with this modern technology :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I dont keep a disk in the drive and it seems to be a random thing, I can go for days without it changing, then yesterday it changed twice within half an hour. I did wonder about something pressing the button like my cats, but I keep the remote on the mantle peice away from them. Looks like something I am going to have to live with.