Options

EE - Sarah Phelps back for an episode in March

SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,128
Forum Member
✭✭✭
DTC just tweeted

You're not going to see it til March but we got @PhelpsieSarah back for an episode. And it's very special...

Comments

• Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    Look forward to it :)
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Excellent news. "Very special" makes me think it could be something to with Jim, maybe his funeral, or he could could just mean it's special because Phelps is returning. DTC says March, given the episode number it should be late March, and that's around when I expected them give Jim a send-off, after things have settled down again after the anniversary.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Great, however considering ts March i hope its not going to be an episode where the killer is revealing all like Stacey and Max 2 hander from 2010.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Keeping Sarah close at hand when the time comes to hand over to his successor...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait. Sarah Phelps is 1 of EE best ever writers. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, Sarah Phelps is a fantastic writer, I wonder if he try and tempt Tony Jordan back for a episode.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    Fantastic news. They're really pulling out all the stops.
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Lucy Beale aftermath?
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how I missed this thread as I did search!

Anyway I also think its Jim related.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Ross Kemp is returning then maybe it could be a Grant/Sharon/Phil episode.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Possibly Stacey related, she wrote those first set of beautiful episodes where we were introduced to Jean.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah would make a great replacement for DTC in a few years time :)
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back, Phelps!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Some of the lines from the 20th anniversary have always stuck in my mind and that was 10 years ago! Fantastic writer
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Great news. I hope we get more than just the one.

She wrote brilliantly for Sharon and Dennis, Kat and Alfie, Stacey and Den, so any of those that are still on the show could feature really.

I personally think it'll be a Kat and Alfie special, but someone's suggestion above of Jim's funeral would be a great way of using her.
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah once said her favourite person to write for was June Brown. That's why I do believe its John Bardon's official send off. I think the show held off until March so that the anniversary was out of the way. Now the show can honour him without having to focus on anything else.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I don't watch EastEnders anymore but will tune in for this as Sarah is such a brilliant writer. The Crimson Field was fabulous last year.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is for Jim's funeral I am hoping they go all out and get back some old faces, I suspect DTC can tempt Scott Maslen back for a couple of episodes, would like to see Jack's reaction to Ronnie having a new son and getting to meet Charlie. I doubt Pasty will come back considering she now lives in America and she only left a few months ago but I imagine Tiffany may make an appearance as I can see EE wanting Maisie Smith full time when Tiffany is older. Bringing Robbie back for it would also be a nice touch
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt Di Angelo has re-tweeted it. Could this be to do with Dean and the Carters? Or it may have no connection whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pete Lawson has just replied to someone on Twitter saying his next episode (after tonight) is 20th March and that its in the same week as Sarah's episode.

Just a bit more knowledge on it.

Reckon it's probably Jim's funeral.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked her episodes :) Glad she's back if even only for one ep lol
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    That's interesting. A bit sooner than expected and makes me wonder how many extra episodes there'll be between now and then.

Sarah Phelps' episode is the 5040th, and next Monday's is the 5000th. If there was just four episodes per week from now on the 5040th would air on Monday 30th March, but Pete Lawson's episode airs on Friday 20th March, and given its the same week as Phelps' that must air before the 20th.

I could be very wrong here but for Sarah Phelps' episode to air that week there needs to a number of extra episodes aired before then, depending on when in the week it airs. For it to air on...

Monday 16th - 8 episodes
    Tuesday 17th - 7 episodes
    Thursday 19th - 6 episodes
  • Options
    uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome. Loved her writing for Sharon and Dennis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's interesting. A bit sooner than expected and makes me wonder how many extra episodes there'll be between now and then.

Sarah Phelps' episode is the 5040th, and next Monday's is the 5000th. If there was just four episodes per week from now on the 5040th would air on Monday 30th March, but Pete Lawson's episode airs on Friday 20th March, and given its the same week as Phelps' that must air before the 20th.

I could be very wrong here but for Sarah Phelps' episode to air that week there needs to a number of extra episodes aired before then, depending on when in the week it airs. For it to air on...

Monday 16th - 8 episodes
    Tuesday 17th - 7 episodes
    Thursday 19th - 6 episodes

Interesting.

Must be in for a bumper Anniversary week then :)
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    DTC just tweeted

You're not going to see it til March but we got @PhelpsieSarah back for an episode. And it's very special...

Fantastic!

She was a gem whilst writing for EastEnders.