Options

Southampton supporters thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Today has been really frustrating. The Saints have dominated the game according to the commentary on 5 live but with very few shots at the end of it.

Now we;'ve gone one nil down and lost Ryan Betrand for the next 3 games due to a stupid lunging tackle.
    Fair play to Swansea I suppose as not many teams have gone to St Marys and won this season, but I hope this doesnt herald the start of another mini slump just when it counts

You dominated the first half but the second half was a lot more even and Swansea were getting forward a lot more. Personally was thrilled to beat you with a last minute goal - was a reversal of the home fixture in September.:p
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Today has been really frustrating. The Saints have dominated the game according to the commentary on 5 live but with very few shots at the end of it.

Now we;'ve gone one nil down and lost Ryan Betrand for the next 3 games due to a stupid lunging tackle.
    Fair play to Swansea I suppose as not many teams have gone to St Marys and won this season, but I hope this doesnt herald the start of another mini slump just when it counts

Now you know how we (Man U) feel! Koeman isn't the only one who can play that game, as he's just found out... ;)
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game was one sided and we should have won but for some good defence and a lack of the final ball. Swansea has just one shot on target all game just happened to score from it. To be honest I don't see what more the team could have done. I think you just have to put it down to back luck.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never in doubt. ;-)

Seriously, we're just refusing to fade like a lot of people have predicted. Fantastic.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was another tough game I did fear it would be like swansea all over again. I do feel sorry for QPR they did play well the goal they scored should have stood. I will have to watch Match of the Day to see it myself.

That said it was a vital 3 points but with all the team around us playing well it is going to be interesting run it. Good to see quite a few players back from injury as well staying fit to the end of the season could be key. Only slight worry is the lack of goals from the strikers but as long as they keep playing and allow the wingers to come in and get the goals we should be okay.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the game yesterday and was ashamed to be a Southampton fan.
    The verbal abuse aimed at Mauricio Potacinno was nothing short of disgraceful.

Do the idiots screaming and swearing at him not remember what he did for our club? He turned us from a run of the mil low in the table club into a top 8 really good team playing great football and worrying the big boys.

I was pleased we didnt win today as it gave Mauricio the last laugh
  • Options
    TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You lot cant even beat Sunderland love it LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HaHa
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TechnoGeek wrote: »
    You lot cant even beat Sunderland love it LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HaHa

that was a helpful post. Thanks for that