A thread for the neutrals...

Comments

• Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not have BT Sport, so cannot watch the man utd and Newcastle game. I was trying to listen to Man City on BBC Radio Manchester, but it doesn't seem to be working.:( Do the BBC have a problem with broadcasting radio rights, regards to the Man City match?
  • robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see Wigan holding on to a 1-0 lead away at Norwich. I see Norwich are 13/8 to win which seems to be great value

Just snapped some of that up, and getting on Norwich to be winning at half time too.
  • NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Do not have BT Sport, so cannot watch the man utd and Newcastle game. I was trying to listen to Man City on BBC Radio Manchester, but it doesn't seem to be working.:(

Newcastle v United is a dull, passionless affair enlivened by some awful decisions by the officials.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NiteOwl12 wrote: »
    Newcastle v United is a dull, passionless affair enlivened by some awful decisions by the officials.

If that is the case, I feel bad for those fans of both supporters, who have paid good money to see the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has happened to Everton this season? One of the most exciting teams to watch last season and they have just gone down the drain this season. Stoke have already scored against them.
  • NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    If that is the case, I feel bad for those fans of both supporters, who have paid good money to see the game.

I completely agree. I've had enough of it. Match of the Day will be more than enough of this for me.
  • jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,714
    Forum Member
    Very poor fayre at St James Park

This always used to be a must-see game if you liked goals

0-0 looks nailed on at the moment
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worrying that Bafetimbi Gomis seemingly fainted on the pitch during the Spurs game and had to be taken off.

Apparently this has been a recurring problem throughout his career, so one wonders if it'll end up curtailing it.
  • robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man U should've had a goal there, Rooney looked clearly onside.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't Newcastle got ANYONE better than Obertan? He's so ineffective 95% of the time I see him play.
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific reception for Jonas Guitieres at Newcastle

First game back from cancer diagnosis
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if Ashley Young will get into any trouble for his goal celebration?
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    You really have to see what Krul's done there to believe it. Completely fluffed a simple clearance to give Young a tap in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everton are in serious trouble. I feel bad for Everton fans, going from a brilliant season to ending up in the bottom half of the table.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    You really have to see what Krul's done there to believe it. Completely fluffed a simple clearance to give Young a tap in.

Haha, just seen it on Twitter.:D
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everton are in serious trouble. I feel bad for Everton fans, going from a brilliant season to ending up in the bottom half of the table.

I think they can count their lucky stars that Leicester,Burnley and QPR are also in this league.

I think Roberto is putting all his eggs in the Europa league basket.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if Ashley Young will get into any trouble for his goal celebration?

Why? Nothing wrong with it at all.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they can count their lucky stars that Leicester,Burnley and QPR are also in this league.

I think Roberto is putting all his eggs in the Europa league basket.

It's just so sad to see my team in the state they are in, much like the dark days of the 90's and early 00's

Once we are out of the Europa League, as I can't see us beating the more established teams if we get past Kiev, Martinez has to go

This is just unacceptable form, we've been found out tactically and have no plan B-Z and Martinez is not going to change things

Leicester are all but down, but god help us if Burnley and/or QPR get a run going

People said Newcastle were too good to go down and look what happened to them

If we go down we may not be straight back up and we can kiss goodbye to every single one of our first 11, as they won't want to be in the Championship
  • Supera MorasSupera Moras Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Didn't Moyes have a similar second season at Everton? I seem to remember they finished 17th to survive then went on to finish 4th the season after. I realise that the Everton team has progressed since those days and Moyes never paid £28m on a striker but your club has a history of these anomalies.

I think Everton will be safe, not because they're too good to go down, just because there's at least 3 worse teams.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Why? Nothing wrong with it at all.

Kicking the advertising board and celebrating right in front of the home fans wasn't necessary.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Worrying that Bafetimbi Gomis seemingly fainted on the pitch during the Spurs game and had to be taken off.

Apparently this has been a recurring problem throughout his career, so one wonders if it'll end up curtailing it.

I remember reading about this when we signed him - can't remember what the condition is but I'm pretty sure apart from losing consciousness he's fine. Wrong word to use perhaps but I mean in the sense that it is literally just a loss of consciousness with no deeper issue? He has passed out during matches for other clubs and training for the Swans.

Obviously it is an issue and scary when it happens but I don't think it is a career ending condition.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kicking the advertising board and celebrating right in front of the home fans wasn't necessary.

You'll find he was actually directing his celebrations at our fans who had been vocal throughout the whole game, who were sat in the section above at the back.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Cisse banned for 7 games.
    I'm surprised Evans is taking so long about it. If he appeals and loses does tha mean 8 or more for time wasting as well?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,763
    Forum Member
    Surprise Evans is denying his charge - what he got to gain apart from look silly.

As for Everton - been found out and an ageing squad catching up with them?
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Cisse banned for 7 games.
    I'm surprised Evans is taking so long about it. If he appeals and loses does tha mean 8 or more for time wasting as well?

Cisse got an extra game ban because of a previous ban this season. 6 games is the standard for spitting offence now.
This discussion has been closed.