Telephone conversation between Michael and a friend (early 90's)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
Forum Member
✭✭
Not sure of the history of this, its meant to be authentic .. the call took place in the early 90's and is a long convo he had with a friend called Glenda .. apparently her husband thought she was having an affair (not with Michael) and was taping her calls .. he kept this one and it was said to have been used by his defence in the molestation trial to show his interest in having relationships with women.

Pt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifEcedw63CY
Pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-eougm-uI
Pt 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz0bH_J9kDs
Pt 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsH7QLNVnNY

If it is real it gives a revealing insight into his life at that time.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt bad listening to it because it's private stuff. But in the end, i had to give in so i listened to the first part.

Michael's Joesph impersonation was spot on! :D Joseph asking him for half a million dollars, and on Fathers Day. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    I did feel bad listening to it but I'm glad I did, there was some really insightful stuff. Loved MJ's Joe impersonation, and the casual swears, plus the admission of him drinking a wine cooler! Although it always odd to hear MJ say 'f**k.' I just really hope he got the real relationship he so desperatly wanted from a woman during his lifetime.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Wow. Thanks so much for posting this. Like Hera and Sophloz there was a part of me that felt guilty about listening but, it shows a side to him that we've never seen before. I really hope he found someone who loved him for him but, my guess is that he didn't. Sadly I believe it suited a whole bunch of people to keep Michael single. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Wow. Thanks so much for posting this. Like Hera and Sophloz there was a part of me that felt guilty about listening but, it shows a side to him that we've never seen before. I really hope he found someone who loved him for him but, my guess is that he didn't. Sadly I believe it suited a whole bunch of people to keep Michael single. :(

I agree about the listening to a private call, it didn't sit easy and I would hope that had he still been living it would never have seen light of day. I think for the first time I feel I had a better understanding of MJ because it comes direct from him and not a tabloid or the media. I to hope he found something close to what he was hoping for back then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I listened to all 4 videos and i cannot at any point say i now believe he had relationships or was interested in having one with a woman. His friend said a few times that numerous women wanted a relationship with him but it never happened, why?

Very strange i would'nt take this as proof he was into women, as it could be taken that he had many a chance but never entered into a sexual relationship with any. What date are these recordings from? because up to that point it seems clear he was still a virgin.

Plus if he was gay would he ever really admit it as his mother and father are very anti gay, so he would always be in denile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetpea12 wrote: »
    I listened to all 4 videos and i cannot at any point say i now believe he had relationships or was interested in having one with a woman. His friend said a few times that numerous women wanted a relationship with him but it never happened, why?

Very strange i would'nt take this as proof he was into women, as it could be taken that he had many a chance but never entered into a sexual relationship with any. What date are these recordings from? because up to that point it seems clear he was still a virgin.

It's from around 1992.

I put his relationship with women down to his upbringing. His dad was sleeping with women whilst on the road travelling with the Jackson 5. His brothers were into groupies whereas Michael wasn't. It's obvious that from a young age, in his eyes, sex was cheapened. He had friendly, loving & caring relationships with women but up until his marriage to Lisa Marie, i believe he remained a virgin.

He was the 'no sex before marriage' person. Nothing wrong or weird about that.
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    It's from around 1992.

I put his relationship with women down to his upbringing. His dad was sleeping with women whilst on the road travelling with the Jackson 5. His brothers were into groupies whereas Michael wasn't. It's obvious that from a young age, in his eyes, sex was cheapened. He had friendly, loving & caring relationships with women but up until his marriage to Lisa Marie, i believe he remained a virgin.

He was the 'no sex before marriage' person. Nothing wrong or weird about that.

If that's the case i believe he only had sex with Lisa Marie, as he most certainly did not with Rowe, who would? Is'nt she a lesbian anyway?

Actually is'nt it a requirement of being a Jahovah, that you can only have sex after marriage? He was a devout follower then as his dad and brothers obviously was'nt. Unless it's ok to have affairs whilst being a jahovah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Full transcripts have been put on a Greek MJ fan forum

http://www.mjhellas.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3213&sid=daa5008fc188b0c688cf17600c64c985&start=0

I hear these recordings were used in MJ's trial to show the jury that he was interested in women, NOT boys.

Even though the tapes were a gross invasion of privacy, at least they were used for some good. They show Michael as a human being (which is perhaps why the press arent picking up on these - they dont conform to their ' Wacko' image of him).

Love it when he drops the F-Bomb hehe:D
  • Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Plus if he was gay would he ever really admit it as his mother and father are very anti gay, so he would always be in denile.

He clearly says he did have relationships so why don't you believe it? he just choose not to sleep with them because he was waiting for marriage and the right girl.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,939
    Forum Member
    If the husband suspected his wife of an affair and they were secret recordings...why make them available for a trial?

Who submitted them for the trial, the husband?

Is there a link to who said these were to form part of the defence ie some we can identify?

Neither Mary A Fischer or Maureen Orath mention them in their length articles.
    Forum Member
    Full transcripts have been put on a Greek MJ fan forum

http://www.mjhellas.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3213&sid=daa5008fc188b0c688cf17600c64c985&start=0

I hear these recordings were used in MJ's trial to show the jury that he was interested in women, NOT boys.

The 2005 trial?

If they were used then they would have been made public in 2005?
    Forum Member
    I cant confirm that they were definatley used, just what I heard.

It does seem odd that Glenda's husband recorded them as he suspected an affair when one of the tapes is him talking to Michael -why would he need to record that?

I suspect all of it will find its way onto youtube in time. Interested in hearing the one where MJ does a farting impression when telling a story about someone called Bill who has really loud farts.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    The 2005 trial?

If they were used then they would have been made public in 2005?

The tapes have been available online since about 2007.The media had no interest in them as it proves how real and normal is.
    Forum Member
    The tapes have been available online since about 2007.The media had no interest in them as it proves how real and normal is.

The media were crawling all over the 2005 trial if they formed part of the defence they would have been public or talked about...is the 'trial' use a myth?

I would a news report at the time would have mentioned them.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The media were crawling all over the 2005 trial if they formed part of the defence they would have been public or talked about...is the 'trial' use a myth?

I would a news report at the time would have mentioned them.

Oi you - get back to the BB forum where you belong ;)
    Forum Member
    He clearly says he did have relationships so why don't you believe it? he just choose not to sleep with them because he was waiting for marriage and the right girl.

No i dont hear that he clearly had relationships, you mean friendships? He was friends with Brooke Shields, Tatum O Neil, Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor to name a few. Most gay men like their girlfriends. He had a lot of gay friends aswel like Dr Klein, Siegfried & Roy but i guess that dont make him gay.

If your theory is correct on not sleeping with girls before marriage then that puts the story that he had fathered a secret son to bed then...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the husband suspected his wife of an affair and they were secret recordings...why make them available for a trial?

Who submitted them for the trial, the husband?

Is there a link to who said these were to form part of the defence ie some we can identify?

Neither Mary A Fischer or Maureen Orath mention them in their length articles.

They were said to be made available for the trial as evidence that MJ was not gay and was interested in women. MJ's defence submitted them for the trial.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article440193.ece

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/new%20tapes%20show%20jackson%20to%20be%20a%20virgin%20at%2032
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i dont hear that he clearly had relationships, you mean friendships? He was friends with Brooke Shields, Tatum O Neil, Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor to name a few. Most gay men like their girlfriends. He had a lot of gay friends aswel like Dr Klein, Siegfried & Roy but i guess that dont make him gay.

If your theory is correct on not sleeping with girls before marriage then that puts the story that he had fathered a secret son to bed then...
    M:I want to be with someone...I want to know what a relationship is all about before I die, cant you understand that girl?... I never had.. I mean I've been with Tate.. I've been, well not with.. I been with Tate..I thought I was with Diana.. it was just in my own mind..
    G:You were a little boy..
    M:I know, I have never had a real relationship, my brothers have been married... My brothers have had girlfriends I really haven't had that....
    G:How long did it take you to get over Diana?
    M:Years...... A hell of a long time..I just .. wanna know what its like girl.... to have a real relationship with someone who doesn't want me for me.... that I dont, I dont' have to look over my shoulder all the time...
    G:Who doesn't have an ulterior motive..?
    M: Yeah, that doesn't question me.. I mean..(inaudible) I dont... and, and.. like La Toya said in her book.. she said, either I am going to have to find somebody who doesn't know who the heck I am.. o rrr..oorr deal with somebody whos career is equally as important, or equally like mine..
    G:Well.. so much for both of those.......

M: But.. ya.. but girl, girlfriend had my nose wide open... ok, you could drive a truck through my nose...
    >Edit For Time<G:Laughs... How did they come up with that... I am just wondering who thought of it..
    M:Its a black thing...
    G:Ok...
    M:But I loved her so much...God...

M:Tate I dealt with when I was younger.. (inaudible)... She came up to me in a club, and put her hand on mine.....I would give her money.. I would give her jewelry.. a house.. a car..whatever..and we never did..it.. it was like, you.. know...
    G:Well she wanted all of you Michael, she wanted.... she wanted a relationship
    M:She knew how I was from the beginning...it wasn't like she didn't...
    G:Well she was probably hoping that .. that it would change.. (inaudible)
    M:No, not until I got married...
    G:Well I know that.. but.. I'm sure she loved you and you were.. you had been with somebody that many years..
    M:I loved her so much...I didn't wanna see that, I did not want to see that and I knew.. she was fooling around, I knew girl, I knew for a FACT.
    G:Well don't you think that attracted you was..the fact that she was such a strong person and that she stood up for you against your dad, and she was always there wasn't that a lot of the attraction? I mean cuz.. she's older than you are ...
    M:Well yeah...
    G:You said you were drawn to that...
    M:Yeah... yeah I was.. I was so inlove and I had my nose wide open and I didn't want to believe what was really going on.. It didn't matter.. but that's another story... (inaudbile) and it's a good thing it was (indaudible)
    M:I want to be with someone...I want to know what a relationship is all about before I die, cant you understand that girl?... I never had.. I mean I've been with Tate.. I've been, well not with.. I been with Tate..I thought I was with Diana.. it was just in my own mind..
    G:You were a little boy..
    M:I know, I have never had a real relationship, my brothers have been married... My brothers have had girlfriends I really haven't had that....
    G:How long did it take you to get over Diana?
    M:Years...... A hell of a long time..I just .. wanna know what its like girl.... to have a real relationship with someone who doesn't want me for me.... that I dont, I dont' have to look over my shoulder all the time...
    G:Who doesn't have an ulterior motive..?
    M: Yeah, that doesn't question me.. I mean..(inaudible) I dont... and, and.. like La Toya said in her book.. she said, either I am going to have to find somebody who doesn't know who the heck I am.. o rrr..oorr deal with somebody whos career is equally as important, or equally like mine..
    G:Well.. so much for both of those.......

M: But.. ya.. but girl, girlfriend had my nose wide open... ok, you could drive a truck through my nose...
    >Edit For Time<G:Laughs... How did they come up with that... I am just wondering who thought of it..
    M:Its a black thing...
    G:Ok...
    M:But I loved her so much...God...

M:Tate I dealt with when I was younger.. (inaudible)... She came up to me in a club, and put her hand on mine.....I would give her money.. I would give her jewelry.. a house.. a car..whatever..and we never did..it.. it was like, you.. know...
    G:Well she wanted all of you Michael, she wanted.... she wanted a relationship
    M:She knew how I was from the beginning...it wasn't like she didn't...
    G:Well she was probably hoping that .. that it would change.. (inaudible)
    M:No, not until I got married...
    G:Well I know that.. but.. I'm sure she loved you and you were.. you had been with somebody that many years..
    M:I loved her so much...I didn't wanna see that, I did not want to see that and I knew.. she was fooling around, I knew girl, I knew for a FACT.
    G:Well don't you think that attracted you was..the fact that she was such a strong person and that she stood up for you against your dad, and she was always there wasn't that a lot of the attraction? I mean cuz.. she's older than you are ...
    M:Well yeah...
    G:You said you were drawn to that...
    M:Yeah... yeah I was.. I was so inlove and I had my nose wide open and I didn't want to believe what was really going on.. It didn't matter.. but that's another story... (inaudbile) and it's a good thing it was (indaudible)

From Tatum's autobiography:
    I met him at the On the Rox, the club Lou Adler & Jack Nicholson opened upstairs from the Roxy on the Sunset Strip. Michael was around 17 at the time, about 5 years older than me, and he seemed very sheltered and fearful and lonely--not at all what you'd expect a world-renowned performer to be. As I recall, he didn't even know how to drive a car.

He gave me his number, & we started talking everyday--long drawn-out conversations that sometimes got so boring I would hand over the receiver to my friend Esme Gray. Michael would just keep on, thinking he was talking to me. His usual subject was sex. At 12 I didn't have much to say about sex--all I knew was that it went on, pretty steadily, in my father's room next to mine. But Michael was intensely curious about anything * everything sexual, though in an incredibly sweet & innocent way.

He was a huge star, but it seemed he barely even dated and knew little about life. He once came to my house & asked to come upstairs because he'd never been in a girl's bedroom before. He sat on the bed and we kissed very briefly, but it was terribly awkward. For all my passionate crushes on people like Dustin Hoffman, I was just 12 and not at all ready for a real-life encounter. So I said,'I can't.' Michael, who was sweating profusely, seemed as intimidated as I was. He jumped up nervously and said,'Uh, gotta go.'

I believe that he fell in love with me. I'm told that he wrote the song "She's Out of My Life" on his album Off the Wall for me.* What an honor.

So that story matches up.
    *However Michael isn't credited for writing the song, Tom Bahler is.
    Forum Member
    black_vine wrote: »
    From Tatum's autobiography:

So that story matches up.
    *However Michael isn't credited for writing the song, Tom Bahler is.

And that quote proves he spoke on the phone and kissed her briefly and arkwardly on her bed at 12 years old. That is not evidence of a long term relationship or that he was in to women in a sexual way IMO
    Forum Member
    black_vine wrote: »
    They were said to be made available for the trial as evidence that MJ was not gay and was interested in women. MJ's defence submitted them for the trial.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article440193.ece

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/new%20tapes%20show%20jackson%20to%20be%20a%20virgin%20at%2032

Thank you for the links oddly those articles are about phone calls to a nine year old boy in Utah.

Which still leaves the ones on U Tube supposedly with a woman called Glenda unaccounted for.

The story doesn't say the tapes of the calls to the 9 year old boy were submitted to court or used in the trial.

A publicist, I assume working for Michael, David Hans Schmidt released the tapes claiming the following...
    "There is some dynamite stuff on these tapes. I believe they will demonstrate that Jackson is, or at least was, heterosexual.”

They were from 1985, 20 years before the abuse trial I'm not sure how they prove anything. Wouldn't people wonder why he's talking to a 9 year old about his love life and lusting after some female?

At the time of the Chandler allegations his then publicist Anthony Pellicano produced at a press conference tapes of a phone conversation and said they proved extortion.

Back to the U Tube tapes...just listened to part of tape 4, the story he tells of warning Jackie away from Jermaine, I'm sure I've read it almost word for word in an article or interview somewhere before.

Maybe it has no connection with the 2005 trial, people just assumed it did?
    Forum Member
    Maybe it has no connection with the 2005 trial, people just assumed it did?

Ahh it looks like that is the case - probably the confusion stems from the fact that he talks about 'Kathy' in both tapes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he was in love with Diana Ross at some point then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moogle wrote: »
    So he was in love with Diana Ross at some point then?

From when he was a little boy up until adulthood.
    I always knew he loved her but I thought it was like in a friendship way I never knew it was the romantic kind of love. The fact he named her as potential guardian for his kids speaks volumes.
    Forum Member
    From when he was a little boy up until adulthood.
    I always knew he loved her but I thought it was like in a friendship way I never knew it was the romantic kind of love. The fact he named her as potential guardian for his kids speaks volumes.

MJ talks openly about his love for Diana in his autobiography "Moonwalk". In the tapes when he says "she was fooling around, I knew girl, I knew for a FACT", I couldnt figure out whether he was talking about Tatum or Diana
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ talks openly about his love for Diana in his autobiography "Moonwalk". In the tapes when he says "she was fooling around, I knew girl, I knew for a FACT", I couldnt figure out whether he was talking about Tatum or Diana

I think he was talking about Tatum, although Glenda saying "she was older than you" makes it seem like they talking about Diana.