Options

Is Eminem the biggest rapper of all time??

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
Whos the highest grossing aka selling rapper of all time? I googled it and found reports which state eminem is?

If so, its well deserved (he is amazing)

Comments

• Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think Tupac, Biggy, RUN DMC, Public Enemy, J5, Wu Tang would be up there somewhere.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enimen is a bit trivial up against Chuck D :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id say Eminem without a doubt
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    I think he is, best selling artist of all genres in America in the 2000s, in 2010 he was the most streamed artist in the world with 94 million, record sales of 220m and 10 #1 albums on the Billboard Chart
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure he is. He's apparently sold over 100 million albums worldwide, and as a quick comparison, Jay Z has only sold half that.
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enimen has sold the most but I would say Tupac is the most iconic rapper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a legend, along with tupac. No other rappers come close IMO especially lyrically, although the game is great too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    It's only because his white.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eminem has been awful since around 2005. He now makes dull music for dull minds.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yeah, he's the Elvis of rap :cool:
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His white what?
  • Options
    SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best selling? Yep. Definitely not the most iconic though.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    yeah, he's the Elvis of rap :cool:

White guy doing black music outsells black artists doing black music, nothing new in that, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    White guy doing black music outsells black artists doing black music, nothing new in that, unfortunately.

Thats why Asher Roth, Bubba Sparks, yelawolf and cage have sold more than Jay Z, NaS and 2 Pac..........oh wait
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats why Asher Roth, Bubba Sparks, yelawolf and cage have sold more than Jay Z, NaS and 2 Pac..........oh wait

Not sure of your point, mine was just that a white artist turns out to be the best selling artist in what is essentially a form of music that has its roots in African American and indeed African music culture (rather like Rock n Roll).
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Not sure of your point, mine was just that a white artist turns out to be the best selling artist in what is essentially a form of music that has its roots in African American and indeed African music culture (rather like Rock n Roll).

UB40 are the biggest selling Reggae act too. 90% of that band are white
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the highest selling yeah but he's pretty crap tbh. It sounds like a cop out but the only reason he's so successful is because he's white and can appeal to a pop-ier audience and real rappers who make proper hip hop. Even new rappers kill eminent lyrically and technically. Majority have better flow more complex rhythmic phrasing. Better beats better vocal tone. Eminem has one flow one voice that horrible shouting like he doesn't even know how rap properly. Put him up against Kendrick, drake, jay z, snoop, busta rhymes, red man, method man etc they all kill him I'm terms of rapping skill.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the highest selling yeah but he's pretty crap tbh. It sounds like a cop out but the only reason he's so successful is because he's white and can appeal to a pop-ier audience and real rappers who make proper hip hop. Even new rappers kill eminent lyrically and technically. Majority have better flow more complex rhythmic phrasing. Better beats better vocal tone. Eminem has one flow one voice that horrible shouting like he doesn't even know how rap properly. Put him up against Kendrick, drake, jay z, snoop, busta rhymes, red man, method man etc they all kill him I'm terms of rapping skill.

But that is the case in all genres. Mediocre sells to the masses. Housewives buy Eminem but not Tupac.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Rick Ross is the biggest rapper of all time.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's not even close to being my fave rapper. but for you to say he only has one flow is false. As far as mainstream rappers go i think he's the best there is.Most of the best MCs in the business past and present have acknowledged eminem at some point, he is well respected. he has actually done songs with all those artists you mentioned and more than held his own with them and even shone brighter in some cases. *cough* (jay-z)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    He's not even close to being my fave rapper. but for you to say he only has one flow is false. As far as mainstream rappers go i think he's the best there is.Most of the best MCs in the business past and present have acknowledged eminem at some point, he is well respected. he has actually done songs with all those artists you mentioned and more than held his own with them and even shone brighter in some cases. *cough* (jay-z)

You're deluded seriously if u think he's the best mainstream rapper and if you y honk he could hold his own against jay z. Absolutely a ridiculous comment to make. Every rap is the same flow with stuttery staccato childish rapping. Jay tears him apart at any give point. And put him against someone like vista rhymes and he's pure amateur. Again people like to big him up because he's white and he's successful in the genre. If a black guy rapped like eminem he'd be slated and would have nowhere near the success. End of
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're deluded seriously if u think he's the best mainstream rapper and if you y honk he could hold his own against jay z. Absolutely a ridiculous comment to make. Every rap is the same flow with stuttery staccato childish rapping. Jay tears him apart at any give point. And put him against someone like vista rhymes and he's pure amateur. Again people like to big him up because he's white and he's successful in the genre. If a black guy rapped like eminem he'd be slated and would have nowhere near the success. End of

Vista rhymes? :p

Jay - Z & Eminem - Renegade
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSDn9Ulzjc

'and eminem murdered you on your own sh!t' - Nas (ether)
    Jay-z later admitted that he was indeed outshined on renegade on the song 'a star is born'
    End of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Rick Ross is the biggest rapper of all time.

I think you will find that accolade goes to big pun. R.I.P.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he is. He's apparently sold over 100 million albums worldwide, and as a quick comparison, Jay Z has only sold half that.

Eminem has sold 52 million albums. Jay Z has sold 33m. Next is Tupac at 31, Beastie Boys and OutKast round out the top 5 with 25m each according tot he Internet, but you know what they say about the Internet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you must be delirious to even think any of them rappers would kill him in rapping skill is laughable! Eminem is a lyrical genius who raps about true feelings and emotion that people can relate to not just about g strigs, hoes and drugs like most of rappers you have named! The way he delivers the lyrics is pure emotion you can hear it and feel. If put eminem on either one of your rappers singles eminem would own them like he has many times! Watch him battle and watch his freestyles there are plenty to choose from and each of them tear the other rappers apart!