HUGE XB1 Leaks: Crackdown 3, White XB1, $399, Platinum Exclusive and more.

DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
White Xbone incoming.
Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
Is not Phil Spencer
Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
Fable Legends is Summer 2015
Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
$399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

Tier 2 Countries.

April, 2014
-
Japan
South Korea
Taiwan
Singapore
Hong Kong

Russia
Sweden
Norway
Finland
Denmark

Colombia
Chile
Argentina

October, 2014
-
China
Poland
Czech Repub.
Hungary (yes, I am. Almost lunch.)
Greece
Portugal
Slovakia

Turkey
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
United Allied Emirates
Israel

India
Indonesia
Egypt

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Why are these 'leaks' from Neogaf always obvious information?

Forza horizon 2 2014- already rumoured
    White xbox- Devs got one anyway so a retail release in the future is likely.
    Platinum games- Rumoured months ago.
    QB and SSO fall- no sh**
    Gears of War dev time 2.5 years- I don't think even the Devs will know how long they need at this point but '2.5 years' is a safe guess.
    Crackdown 3 coming-obviously.
    Tier 2 release dates around april- sounds about right.

The only one of these leaks that i haven't seen rumored before is a X1 without a disc drive.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the point of removing the optical drive to make it cheaper. It would hardly be the centre of your entertainment system without the option of playing your films in it.

Its Kinect people don't want and would happily give up to make it cheaper. Not the drive.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Forza Horizon 2 is going to have weather and stuff I will be ***ked off, people have been requesting it for years in Forza Motorsport and it's always been ignored, to hear they're putting it in that kiddies crash fest really irritates me. No wonder T10 have disappeared and left Fm5 a hollow game, I can't help but feel Horizon is where it's at for them in future.

Even looking at the DLC in Fm5 it's been virtually non existent for actual race cars, it all seems to be tailored to a 14 yr old American audience, muscle cars and the likes.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    What is the point of removing the optical drive to make it cheaper. It would hardly be the centre of your entertainment system without the option of playing your films in it.

They want you to download the film from the MS Store they dont want you to put a blu ray into the drive when they made no money from the sale of that disc.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Forza Horizon 2 is going to have weather and stuff I will be ***ked off, people have been requesting it for years in Forza Motorsport and it's always been ignored, to hear they're putting it in that kiddies crash fest really irritates me. No wonder T10 have disappeared and left Fm5 a hollow game, I can't help but feel Horizon is where it's at for them in future.

Even looking at the DLC in Fm5 it's been virtually non existent for actual race cars, it all seems to be tailored to a 14 yr old American audience, muscle cars and the likes.

Forza 5 seems like a game that was rushed out for release day, it's not a bad game in fact I love it but I wouldn't surprise me if turn 10 are already working on 6, and any DLC we see for 5 car wise will be being made for 6 and just ported into 5.

If forza 6 doesn't have weather day/night tons of tracks 5 will be the last forza I get.

I just wish project cars would hurry its ass up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'd take all of these NeoGaf rumours with a huge pinch of salt, not least because the original thread that i was watching unfold last night has now conveniently been deleted. The guy posting these "leaks" kind of shot himself in the foot when he posted a picture of the supposedly incoming Titanfall branded X1 which had different artwork on the console compared to the artwork on the console displayed on the box, it was blatantly a photoshop job, and he promptly disappeared when people pointed this out. The rest of the information he supposedly "leaked" has been rumoured for months anyway.

As for Halo 2 Anniversary being the Halo game that MS has announced for this year, i genuinely hope that this is false, quite frankly i didn't spend £429.99 on a console to play HD remakes of games i played 10 years ago...If Halo 5 is delayed until 2015 because it needs more work then i'm fine with that, i'd rather them release a finished game than a half baked one that needs endless patching, but if MS have been teasing us with Halo 2 Anniversary when they've said a Halo game is coming this year, i'll be pretty annoyed.

EDIT: Entropy_Nebula, the Forza Horizon games are developed by Playground Games (with input from Turn 10), Turn 10 are always focused on the main Forza Motorsport franchise, so if Horizon 2 is announced for this year it wont have anything to do with lack of support for Forza 5. I'd be more than happy with Horizon 2 being announced for later this year, the first one is the most fun i've had with an arcade racer since Burnout Paradise.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also:
    Microsoft is preparing to release its first major Xbox One dashboard update in March. Sources familiar with the plans have revealed to The Verge that the update will focus on fixing a number of issues with the Xbox Live service on the console, alongside other system fixes. Party-chat problems and issues with the usability and placement of social features of Xbox Live will be improved with the update.

Make sure you include DD5.1 as well over optical. Be interesting what other tweaks they come out with in the March update
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    They want you to download the film from the MS Store they dont want you to put a blu ray into the drive when they made no money from the sale of that disc.

I realise thats probably more their thinking but, as I think the XB1 has already shown, MS seem to have forgotten the key thing about their business... Their customers.

Most people have a reasonable collection of DVD/Blueray so they are not going to be willing to ditch all of those just to save £50 on the console.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I agree but your first sentance answers your second.
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »

EDIT: Entropy_Nebula, the Forza Horizon games are developed by Playground Games (with input from Turn 10), Turn 10 are always focused on the main Forza Motorsport franchise, so if Horizon 2 is announced for this year it wont have anything to do with lack of support for Forza 5. I'd be more than happy with Horizon 2 being announced for later this year, the first one is the most fun i've had with an arcade racer since Burnout Paradise.

Hey's...

Yeah I know it's a Playground Games title, under licence from T10, but T10 do have some input with it and have to dedicate some time and thought. The way Forza has gone over recent years has been gradual shift from pure racing into a more Horizonesque selection of cars and achievements, I hope you're right in saying it won't impact, i'm a little more skeptical at present.

I'm sure I'd maybe feel better if T10 communicated better they're actual fixing Forza. We got some spiel from Dan Greenwalt in reaction to the furious customers response to microtransactions and the game economy, a patch was issued as damage limitation, and then the only other patch we've had was to sort out DLC pack problems. There's large fundamentals wrong in the main game and T10 are locked behind a wall of silence.

To have something though (weather) which is been requested to the nth degree, and always palmed off by T10 as something for a future, it'll be really galling. 'If' only the second title for a spin off series can implement that, then that it reflects badly on the parent title.
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Forza 5 seems like a game that was rushed out for release day, it's not a bad game in fact I love it but I wouldn't surprise me if turn 10 are already working on 6, and any DLC we see for 5 car wise will be being made for 6 and just ported into 5.

If forza 6 doesn't have weather day/night tons of tracks 5 will be the last forza I get.

I just wish project cars would hurry its ass up.

I wouldn't be surprised if T10 had given up with further patches, and will just now concentrate on DLC until Fm6 arrives.

You guys know I'm huge Forza fan, but my god I can't wait for Project CARS to turn up, anything to break the 'sim racing' (which in itself is debatable) monopoly T10 has on the X1. I want Project CARS to put a rocket up T10 and give them some severe competition. I'm sick of seeing that 'coming soon' in the in-game menus for Fm5, well the games been out for two months now and nothings been brought in. T10 imo have to get a move on as people will jump off into other titles. The longer a game revision update takes, the more I'm convinced they've abandoned it and saved it for Fm6.

I don't buy this argument that because it's a new console we should accept the bugs, decimated content. You don't call a game Fm5 and then complain when customers see that's a shell of previous versions. Just call it Forza X1 or something, I feel T10 have brought a lot of this on themselves and lost a lot of hardcore players trust. The first true competition comes out this year for T10, I hope they're worried.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The optical drive costs about $30 so I doubt this would allow them to knock $100 from the price, it would be a terrible idea.