Ashley pawing Ola!

Comments

• ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes feel sorry for the celebs and their partners and hope they don't read the stuff on here.
  • Ray_BurnRay_Burn Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Celebs and pros touching each other is nothing new. They spend all week in training physically entwined, so it's hardly surprising that a bit of unconscious post-dance fondling takes place. I seem to recall Karen draping herself all over Dave after their dances, for example, but no one would be suspicious about that.
  • IlluvatarIlluvatar Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ola is intoxicating...
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Tabloid smut radar?

I missed out on getting one of these in Asda on "Black Friday."

:D:D:D:D
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    He would smash it if he had a chance.

Smash "it"....

Such a charming post !!!
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    clara28 wrote: »
    What a charming turn of phrase you have.

Exactly. I do not know why people feel the need to be crude. I think it is awful.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may as well make use of the nerves excuse and enjoy himself. It'll soon be over.
  • IlluvatarIlluvatar Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who let Richard Keys on the forum?
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    Neither have I. Some people really are looking for anything to engage their tabloid smut radar.

I detest tabloids. Never read them. Normally I wouldn't reply to a thread like this, and I agree with your general sentiment.

But, if you watch after he goes up to talk to Tess, he's not just touching her, he is running his hands up and down her constantly, and very firmly. He is grabbing her hips so close to her ass you can see her flesh move, he is grabbing very firmly. He can't keep his hands still, and touching her 'intimately' all over in a way that is inappropriate, it goes beyond just putting an arm around her neck or waist. I find it very uncomfortable to watch.

Now, I strongly suspect it's a nervous mannerism. I read nothing into it, and anyone who does needs to grow up. He seems to be a touchy person, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't judge him as a person by it, how could I? I don't know him. I read NOTHING into it, other than it being a nervous mannerism and him being unaware that he is doing it.

But I had to look away, and it made me uncomfortable. I didn't like it. Someone needs to have a word with him to make him aware.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOl, I noticed that last week also, nothing in it but if I was his wife seeing him "clapping" sexy minx Ola I would be a tad miffed!!
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    But I had to look away, and it made me uncomfortable. I didn't like it. Someone needs to have a word with him to make him aware.

Why?:confused:

If Ola is uncomfortable with it then she should tell him. If she's not bothered then who cares?
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was interesting that Ola was more interested in going to Mark and Iveta when the result was announced, rather than congratulating her partner in surviving the dance off. Ashley is not as bad as Dominic Littlewood was, but Ola looks pretty uncomfortable to me.
  • ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I detest tabloids. Never read them. Normally I wouldn't reply to a thread like this, and I agree with your general sentiment.

But, if you watch after he goes up to talk to Tess, he's not just touching her, he is running his hands up and down her constantly, and very firmly. He is grabbing her hips so close to her ass you can see her flesh move, he is grabbing very firmly. He can't keep his hands still, and touching her 'intimately' all over in a way that is inappropriate, it goes beyond just putting an arm around her neck or waist. I find it very uncomfortable to watch.

Now, I strongly suspect it's a nervous mannerism. I read nothing into it, and anyone who does needs to grow up. He seems to be a touchy person, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't judge him as a person by it, how could I? I don't know him. I read NOTHING into it, other than it being a nervous mannerism and him being unaware that he is doing it.

I honestly hadn't noticed anything but if that's the case I think your comments are fair. Some of the other stuff on this thread is juvenile though.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Ray_Burn wrote: »
    Celebs and pros touching each other is nothing new. They spend all week in training physically entwined, so it's hardly surprising that a bit of unconscious post-dance fondling takes place. I seem to recall Karen draping herself all over Dave after their dances, for example, but no one would be suspicious about that.

Or indeed Iveta cuddling Mark, no comments about that either. Just because Ashley is young and good looking people read more into it. I think James would have something to say about it if there was anything in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Why?:confused:

If Ola is uncomfortable with it then she should tell him. If she's not bothered then who cares?

I'm talking from a PR point of view. It's not likely to win him any votes. Wouldn't surprise me if it played a part in him being in the dance off.

Who knows if Ola is bothered or not. She might not be bothered. She might find it embarrassing to mention. She might not even notice. Frankly, it's speculation and none of my business. But, if I was working for Ashley, for example, if I were his manager, I'd have a gentle word.

But in a general sense, I guess you are right. I still found it uncomfortable to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    I honestly hadn't noticed anything but if that's the case I think your comments are fair. Some of the other stuff on this thread is juvenile though.

Thank you :)

And agreed, but alas, that's forums for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    It's nerves. Nothing untoward here. :)

Yes, I tend to agree, though the "smash it" comment did make me smile, and if he ( ideally both ) were single, well ... :)
  • anotherBBWLisaanotherBBWLisa Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but having just watched it through again, I have to disagree that he is touching her "intimately" - I feel the issue arises because she is wearing very little - if he had his hand there on "material" not bare flesh, would reactions have been different? It did not make me feel personally uncomfortable at all, but I appreciate we all have different opinions. I do think that he was genuinely extremely nervous, Ola herself said it, after all he had seen the other young "hunk" go out the previous week, and was probably very worried that any mistake could mean his downfall.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but having just watched it through again, I have to disagree that he is touching her "intimately" - I feel the issue arises because she is wearing very little - if he had his hand there on "material" not bare flesh, would reactions have been different? It did not make me feel personally uncomfortable at all, but I appreciate we all have different opinions. I do think that he was genuinely extremely nervous, Ola herself said it, after all he had seen the other young "hunk" go out the previous week, and was probably very worried that any mistake could mean his downfall.

Well, if you'd substituted her "left-hand side" with an accordion keyboard, he could have got "a half-decent tune out of it."
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got any 'message' from when I was watching the show - in fact I couldn't even tell you Ash had touched Ola. So I'm not going to waste time checking if I missed something.

Quite different from when Dom was rubbing a thumb on Lilia's arm. Lilia was clearly annoyed by it but indicated it by not moving at all.

This is a non-story.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people seem absolutely desperate for something untoward to happen this series.

Ashley actually responded to someone on twitter who mentioned it, and James retweeted it. He dealt with it with the humour that it deserved.

https://twitter.com/ashoztd/status/406895684127043584
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's definitely nothing more than just nerves, when you see him in the background when other dancers are been interviewed he's always fidgeting and playing around with his hands.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed it too for the last few weeks... but that tweet response shows a nice bit of humour about it, so doubt it's anything untoward as if it were I'm sure he'd be quicker to deny or ignore it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if you'd substituted her "left-hand side" with an accordion keyboard, he could have got "a half-decent tune out of it."

Ahem, not unless he got the bellows moving :eek:
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I said it in the other thread on the same subject, I think it's adrenaline and nerves. He's quite a fidgety guy, so what? If he just stood there motionless or not touching Ola at all people would complain about that. There's nothing weird about his contact with her. If something as innocent as that makes a viewer uncomfortable, then that viewer obviously has issues with boundaries and personal space and things. Actors and dancers don't struggle with things like that, if they did their jobs would be impossible.

It's innocent, there's no point looking for (or away from) something that isn't there.