Where are the series one stars now?

SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
Forum Member
✭✭
Apart from Paul Potts obviousley, I know Bessie Cursons (shudders) got into Sylvia Young's stage school and Connie Talbot has recorded an album. But whats happened to that young kid Dominic who had a brilliant voice, or Damon and Bubbles the Chimp. Gosh he was hot too :o not that its relevant obviousley...

Comments

• David2oo8David2oo8 Posts: 4,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Paul Potts obviousley, I know Bessie Cursons (shudders) got into Sylvia Young's stage school and Connie Talbot has recorded an album. But whats happened to that young kid Dominic who had a brilliant voice, or Damon and Bubbles the Chimp. Gosh he was hot too :o not that its relevant obviousley...

I dont know the answer but had to agree with that point :o
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David2oo8 wrote: »
    I dont know the answer but had to agree with that point :o

He was very fit indeed, and there was a very long thread in the showbiz forum at the time with lots of people drooling over him. Myself included :o
  • David2oo8David2oo8 Posts: 4,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was very fit indeed, and there was a very long thread in the showbiz forum at the time with lots of people drooling over him. Myself included :o

Damn must have missed that one :(:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David2oo8 wrote: »
    Damn must have missed that one :(:p

He had a Myspace too, someone on there found it :o. Probably still on there if you look.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From 'Woman's Own' magazine:

-Barwizards won Corporate Act of the Year
    -Damon's teaching puppeteering skills and is working on a novelty single
    -Connie recorded her album
    - Kombat Breakers (the breakdancers) are peforming at charity events and are working on a CD
    - Bessie got into the Sylvia Young and is still auditioning for roles
    -Paul is having a movie made of his life!

I do wonder what happened to Dominic, he had an amazing voice and I'd have loved for him to be in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised that Dominic didn't come back to do the X Factor, seeing as the age limit had been lowered from 16 to 14.

Maybe we will be seeing him in that this Autumn as last year was too soon? I can't see Simon letting such a talented kid go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I saw the Bar Wizards selling selling cocktail maker set at the BBC Good Food Show.They did perform the cocktail mixing routine there at Kensongton Olympia Hall in West London.
  • EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Kombat Breakers live next door to my Mum's friend and he said they've just kept up with the dancing
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connie is going to go far later on in life just listen to this. Amazing for a 6yr old child :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7j8NhBtnpw&feature=related
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just say now, that I didn't think Bessie Cursons was that good? I think she was the victim of pushy parent syndrome and everything about her was false. The fixed smile, the perfectly rehearsed speech 'If I win it would be supercalifragilisticexpialadosious'. Her voice was also pretty weak.

Yeah she could dance, but to be honest any kid could prance about singing songs from the musicals badly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree she couldnt sing a note, she shouted everything, and spoke the rest. i really didnt get why she was so fantastic. just watched her performance on you tube was kind of painful to listen to :(
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the bar wizards, they were class!
  • kjpkjp Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I see the bar wizards do an advert or was I dreaming? :o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kjp wrote: »
    Did I see the bar wizards do an advert or was I dreaming? :o
    I think one of the was in an advert for Hellman's Mayonnaise or something? Could be wrong. :o
    Can I just say now, that I didn't think Bessie Cursons was that good? I think she was the victim of pushy parent syndrome and everything about her was false. The fixed smile, the perfectly rehearsed speech 'If I win it would be supercalifragilisticexpialadosious'. Her voice was also pretty weak.

Yeah she could dance, but to be honest any kid could prance about singing songs from the musicals badly.

I agree with you. I admit I did like her first audition but everything after wasn't that good. There are millions of kids out there that have far more talent than Bessie does (I think Connie Talbot is one)
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member

Yes her sort of act makes me cringe - as does the I'd Do Anything brigade of precocious kids from pushy parents.

I hate "stage school kids" as they're just so false.

I avoid anything they're in like the plague.

I want to see a natural talent not one that's been drummed into them from the age of 4 when their pushy mothers sent them off to stage school.

I also avoided that programme about Clever Kids - you know the ones with a high IQ.

I know somebody has to be the next Scientist or Musician of the Year but really they do get up one's nose and on one's nerves don't they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member

I couldn't agree more. I wonder if she can even sing anything without that awful "mockney" accent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    What happened to bar wizards? What happend to the stars of all the semifinals thus far?
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was bessie cousins, very precocious ?