• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nana and Alfie, it was so sad. Also when Zoe left
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Julia's theme has been overused a bit this year hasnt it. I dont think Amira leaving and Syed and Christian getting together really needed one. :confused:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Is Peggy's exit there?

Peggy got a specially reworked version so technically it can't be considered a "Julia Theme".
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I dont think Amira leaving and Syed and Christian getting together really needed one. :confused:

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One I particularly enjoyed was the one at the end of the Jake/Chrissie, Jean/Stacey, Pat/Frank week in December 2005. I really liked the scene where we saw Jake, Stacey and Pat all cross paths when they returned to the Square, topped off by the music over Stacey looking at a picture of Sean.

A favourite is hard to choose. There's been a few really nice ones. I don't think I could choose a favourite. Saddest for me is probably the one where Peggy said goodbye to Frank in Spain. And the one at the end of Bradley's funeral was incredibly moving. I think Julia's Theme resonates more in emotional scenes like that than on the odd occasion when it's been used over a happy ending.

Last night's topped off a beautiful ending. The end credits were amazing.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nana Moon's death and Frank's funeral. Though I did think last night's was good too.

It's been overused this year. Last night and Bradley's funeral were the only ones which should have had it.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy got a specially reworked version so technically it can't be considered a "Julia Theme".

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for that! :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Peggy's exit there?

No because it used Peggy's Theme not Julia's Theme.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Peggy's exit there?

That wasn't Julia's Theme, it was Peggy's Theme, slightly different :)

EDIT: Ooops, others have already answered, sorry :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bradley's Funeral :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dot and Jim hands down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christan & Syed's reunion, after following the relationship from the beginning and rooting for them to be together. Finally hearing Syed tell Christian he chose him and accepted he was gay and muslim, it was a huge moment for these characters, Syed knew his parents would shun him because of his choice, it was bittersweet. JT heighthens the poignancy of the moment and signified a new chapter for Christian & Syed.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Julia's theme has been overused a bit this year hasnt it. I dont think Amira leaving and Syed and Christian getting together really needed one. :confused:

Yes, it has been overused this year :( I think JT worked perfectly with Christian and Syed's reunion though- the duff duff's would have been out of place and looked odd cos it wasn't a duff duff cliffhanger. They had no choice but to use JT, although I personally think it was deserved.

I don't think the duff duff's would have seemed out of place with Amira's exit though, but I also don't think the episode should have ended on Amira. JT would have perhaps made more sense with an aerial shot focussing on the lives that had been messed up by the affair and reveal.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what music did they use when they panned up from Max and Stacey and we saw where Eastenders was actually set in London
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staces exit and Nana Moon dying i think.

On another subject, in the scene when Zoe left, does anyone think Kat looks a bit like stacey when shes giving her a hug?
  • Options
    c120701c120701 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they've gone back to the crescendo into the main theme for the past two uses rather than the theme suddenly bursting in like it did with Amira's exit and Lily's birth.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Stacey, Pat and Jake Moon's stories all coming to a conclusion in the week long episodes. It was probably the first time we'd seen just how 'damaged' Stacey was and what she had to deal with for years. It was also the last episode we'd see Chrissie, putting an end to the whole Den storyline, and finally the last episode Frank Butcher appeared in.

Not only that but the scene with Stacey leaving her old housing estate, calling all the neighbours 'b*stards' and returning to Walford to reveal Sean's existence was so powerful. Perhaps the first time the audience realised what a true asset to the show Lacey was.
  • Options
    KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it should be used for things as silly as Syed and Christian reuniting, it should only be for exits or weddings IMO.
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    KMX wrote: »
    I don't think it should be used for things as silly as Syed and Christian reuniting, it should only be for exits or weddings IMO.

It's used for (reasonably) happy endings or for highly emotional endings. Syed and Christian finally getting together was an ending to that storyline. It was a mistake to give it to Amira for her exit but only to give it for exits and weddings isn't very creative.
  • Options
    cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    whers the peggy leaving one?
  • Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have to be the one with the Stacey.Jean/Chrissie.Jake/Frank.Pat week long storys. That week imo was the best week that EE has ever done and to cap it off with the julia theme just made it better very powerful stuff!

This.
    Followed by Franks funeral
  • Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMX wrote: »
    I don't think it should be used for things as silly as Syed and Christian reuniting,.

Me either.
    Julia's theme has been overused this year IMO
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year is the most times they have used Julia's theme in one year since 1986 but only by 1, in 1986 it was used 6 times and this year it has been used 5 times.
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    cloudy80 wrote: »
    whers the peggy leaving one?

Peggy got her own theme.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Frank's funeral.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it was Lily's birth. I was eight months pregnant at that time with my baby, who I already knew would be a little girl, and I was nervous about the birth. But that whole episode and the theme at the end was just so lovely, and I loved how it accompanied Stacey gazing at her daughter like only she existed and no one else. I don't know...it just really touched me and made me not dread my own upcoming labour and childbirth but look forward to meeting my own beautiful baby girl.