Pauline Quirke and Lighterlite - where is she?

2»

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her.I'd hate to be under that pressure.

Well that's the gamble I guess when you agree to be the 'face' of a diet... Keeping the weight off takes a lot more work than accepting what they pay you for it....
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well nobody FORCED Pauline to front the advertising campaign for LiterLife. She took the money and now cannot start to complain that the media are watching her to see if she puts the weight back on. If she really wanted to shift the weight she could have done it privately.

Actually if she has lost weight "privately", she would have been subjected to speculation about whether she has had a gastric band and be expected to talk about her weight loss. This way she had some control over what was said about her.
  • lovely_ladylovely_lady Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    why would anyone wish to discuss this banal subject?
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread started in Jan , yet she does still to be out of the womens mags etc .You'd think they'd want to follow her success story as she's done great.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked good. She has lovely skin!

She is appearing in the stage version of Birds of a Feather with Linda and Leslie Joseph.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a very brief glimpse of her on the One Show on Wednesday night and she looks to have put some of the weight back on, and as nutritionists say you do after these LL diets, I'm not surprised. She looks better for it I think, as she looked dreadfully haggard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qwhn2/The_One_Show_20_02_2013/
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a very brief glimpse of her on the One Show on Wednesday night and she looks to have put some of the weight back on, and as nutritionists say you do after these LL diets, I'm not surprised. She looks better for it I think, as she looked dreadfully haggard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qwhn2/The_One_Show_20_02_2013/

Thanks for that clip.

I think Linda looks absolutely lovely now. She looks to be the perfect weight for her frame and her face is definitely more beautiful for having gained a few pounds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I know someone who went on the Lighter Life diet and she lost seven stone in as many months. We saw her at a reception and she looked slim but sad because she could only sip water.
    Eight months later I saw her at Christmas and every bit of that weight she had lost was back on her body. But at least she was happilly enjoying herself.

The really sad thing is that to gain all that weight back she'll have been eatinmg way more healthily than she was before doing LL, but when you go from taking in 500 calories a day to a 1000 you'll end up gaining :(
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that clip.

I think Linda looks absolutely lovely now. She looks to be the perfect weight for her frame and her face is definitely more beautiful for having gained a few pounds.

I meant to say Pauline. Although Linda is lovely too! :cool:
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Best thing is to carry on and keep it off. Eventually you reach a plateau where you maintain your weight.

Completely true. Very low cal diets which are monitored like LL and Cambridge do work, but the test is maintenance which can take a while.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who lost 5.5 stones on LL. She was told to lose weight to have an op and that's how she chose to do it.

After the op she put back all the weight PLUS an extra 2 stones in a very short period of time.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I know someone who lost 5.5 stones on LL. She was told to lose weight to have an op and that's how she chose to do it.

After the op she put back all the weight PLUS an extra 2 stones in a very short period of time.
    7.5 stone is a lot of weight to put on. It's almost a whole person :eek:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would anyone wish to discuss this banal subject?

Indeed. As the DS Chawner family flag waver, I'm sure your opinion on what is and isn't worthy of discussion will be held up as the bar we need to reach :)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Indeed. As the DS Chawner family flag waver, I'm sure your opinion on what is and isn't worthy of discussion will be held up as the bar we need to reach :)

Nice one.:D:D
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she looked ill she looks better with weight on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I saw her on soccer am last week, she def put weight on but def not all of it. I thought she looked well, less gaunt ànd more healthy
  • gemsmummygemsmummy Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    baldbilluk wrote: »
    I have just noticed a new campaign for Lighterlite and they have changed it from Pauline Quirke to someone else, I just wanted to know if PQ has kept the weight off or if she had put it back on, I supposed that if she had kept the weight off they would be only too happy to re-employ her for at least another year, as Lighterlite was always seen as a temporary weight loss programme and PQ could have proved otherwise,so any news of Miss Quirke?

Have read that she has put some weight back on, but what does anyone expect with a diet like this. It is obvious that if you restrict your body to a silly amount of calories a day, you will lose weight, once you start eating what they call 'sensible', you will, of course put weight back on purely because you are eating extra calories. The only proven way of losing weight is eating sensibly and doing some exercise, it's not rocket science.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I said ages that when you stop a strict diet regime that includes a milkshake for a meal every day and replace it with a meal - however healthy - you're always going to put something back on, even if it's not a lot.

And she was always going to relax when the novelty of what she'd done had passed for the medi, and she wasn't doing photo shoots every month!
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on less than 700 so that would be very hard and very unhealthy too.
  • Me-CheetahMe-Cheetah Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

After the op she put back all the weight PLUS an extra 2 stones in a very short period of time

This has inspired me to do some diet maths.

To gain one pound you have to eat 3500 calories more than your body needs.

So, to gain 7 stone 5lbs ( which is 103lbs), she would have had to consume 306,500 calories more than her body needed.

That is a hell of a lot of food to eat on top of a basic 2000 calories a day. Particulalry when you think that 306,500 calories is almost half a years worth of food to someone eating 2000 cals a day.

Did she have time to do anything other than eat?