Heartbeat

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any fans? i stopped watching it at some point after Bill Maynard (Greengrass) had left and i have to admit it did become a bit like 'oh thats still running is it?' after that. But i remember when it first started with Nick Berry and Niamh Cusack and Derek Fowlds as Blaketon the hilariously stern Sergeant always trying to nail Greengrass (i know he stayed in it but he was at his best as the sergeant) i used to watch it sunday nights with my family. Recently i've been watching those early ones again on youtube and they are pretty good and enjoyable. Also for a drama that is classed as' cosy' and 'feelgood' the early ones do seem to have an edge to them with some violence and swearing in some of the eps and often some very moving, powerful moments. Kate Rowans death was so sad! Anyway any fans and anyone who liked those early Nick Berry ones?

Comments

• TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Any fans? i stopped watching it at some point after Bill Maynard (Greengrass) had left and i have to admit it did become a bit like 'oh thats still running is it?' after that. But i remember when it first started with Nick Berry and Niamh Cusack and Derek Fowlds as Blaketon the hilariously stern Sergeant always trying to nail Greengrass (i know he stayed in it but he was at his best as the sergeant) i used to watch it sunday nights with my family. Recently i've been watching those early ones again on youtube and they are pretty good and enjoyable. Also for a drama that is classed as' cosy' and 'feelgood' the early ones do seem to have an edge to them with some violence and swearing in some of the eps and often some very moving, powerful moments. Kate Rowans death was so sad! Anyway any fans and anyone who liked those early Nick Berry ones?

I've watched it regularly for years on ITV3 in the afternoons - lately they even managed to do the Jonathan Kerrigan episodes, although I think they are the least watchable. Nick Berry is the best village copper (although I like Steve Crane). Blaketon and Merton best sergeants. It took me a while to get over the loss of Greengrass but I grew to like Vernon Scrips, never took to Aunt Marg, or PC Bradley for that matter.
    I am always surprised how often I can watch (some of) the old episodes over and over again.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch it every Sunday, still a fan.. although bill Maynard was the original classic act to beat.
    one did get accustomed to the female character who took his place..
    and of course JEFFREY HUGHES was a character to beat