This Morning, Ruth & Eamon

Comments

• *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rarely watch This Morning these days, definitely not in full, but Ruth and Eamonn have definitely grown into their roles. At first, I found them a bit stilted, and Ruth looked like she was trying too hard, while Eamonn looked like he wasn't trying at all, but now it works so much better.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone here think Stephen Mulhern & Emma Willis would be good at the show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »

No, not Mulhern! He seems to be everywhere at the moment. Another Pip Schofeied in the making.:mad: You don't really want that do you?
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may be the only person here who does not like Emma Willis.She is everywhere so no escape, as with Mulhern.
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member

I don't believe so, I like the idea of having a married couple again :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Ruth is ok, but Eamonn comes across as rude

( i prefer Holly n Phil)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not Mulhern! He seems to be everywhere at the moment. Another Pip Schofeied in the making.:mad: You don't really want that do you?

He's everywhere? I've only seen him a couple times on the TV not including This Morning, you must watch alot
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he presented it once but wouldn't say he blew me away

I actually liked Emma Bunton and Jamie Theakston

for me though Holly & Phil just feel like the "right" ones even though many say they arent on here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own, but after loving phil and holly I now find their humour very forced. With Ruth and Eamonn it's so natural

well it isnt meant to be a comedy show lol
    I think Phil & Holly are a bit better with being able to mix serious and light hearted issues. Eamonn will often talk a lot of tripe and crack jokes..and call guests lesbian (e.g. selma hayek) it wasnt even funny
    Forum Member
    Well Alice Beer just cracked a joke about Philip's hair and he said what a strange way to resign!

He's the boss now is he? No wonder Holly laughs at his every word :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    Well Alice Beer just cracked a joke about Philip's hair and he said what a strange way to resign!

He's the boss now is he? No wonder Holly laughs at his every word :rolleyes:

I didn't see it but probably just his huge ego.

Anyway, what did she say? He is making a little go a long way these days.:D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This interview with the poor woman who was attacked by her boyfriend is not being handled well at all, Phillip is just sitting there like a nodding dog whilst Holly is simply repeating everything on her sheet
    Forum Member
    I didn't see it but probably just his huge ego.

Anyway, what did she say? He is making a little go a long way these days.:D

They were doing an article on packaging and how hard it was to open them. Philip was trying to open a bottle of beach when Alice said oh you spilt it already, (or words to that effect) it was an amusing little quip but quick as a flash (I think it came out of his mouth before engaging his brain) he said what a strange way to resign..............I was gobsmacked!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    well it isnt meant to be a comedy show lol
    I think Phil & Holly are a bit better with being able to mix serious and light hearted issues. Eamonn will often talk a lot of tripe and crack jokes..and call guests lesbian (e.g. selma hayek) it wasnt even funny

I never said it was, that's why forced humour doesn't fit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said it was, that's why forced humour doesn't fit

it isnt forced = they laugh at live gaffes all the time

Phillip going down that helter skelter today was hilarious

also the comment to Alice Beer WAS A JOKE
    Forum Member
    Yay...........it's Friday!
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was nice of Lionel to give the little girl, the Peppa Pig and to see Lionel do a little dance.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    What exactly did Eamonn mean at the end when he said 'If you enjoyed the show, write in and tell the management. If not, we're Richard & Judy'.. Sacked?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    it isnt forced = they laugh at live gaffes all the time

Phillip going down that helter skelter today was hilarious

also the comment to Alice Beer WAS A JOKE

I've not mentioned the Alice Beer joke. I agree it was plain to see that it was a joke. Good on her for being one of the few that would probably dare to.

I also found the helter skelter piece quite funny. But I can't help if over time I've found myself laughing less and less at them and thinking that phil searches for a joke in everything. Just my opinion. They still have their moments but I'm enjoying the other two much more. Was once a massive fan of phil and holly so it's not that I just don't like them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not mentioned the Alice Beer joke. I agree it was plain to see that it was a joke.
    the Alice Beer part was in reply to the other comments
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    What exactly did Eamonn mean at the end when he said 'If you enjoyed the show, write in and tell the management. If not, we're Richard & Judy'.. Sacked?

I'd only just turned on and assumed that comment related to something I'd missed earlier. If it didn't, maybe Eamonn is aware of the growing support he and Ruth have over Pip and Holly and, when contracts are up for renewal, wants the main presenters role.
    Forum Member
    ^ Yeah.. There have been quite a few comments lately, like Pip saying "TV during the summer? Who'd watch that..".. and Eamonn saying "We're back on Fridays for now. That's good enough for us, but maybe not for you"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd only just turned on and assumed that comment related to something I'd missed earlier. If it didn't, maybe Eamonn is aware of the growing support he and Ruth have over Pip and Holly and, when contracts are up for renewal, wants the main presenters role.

it was a clear joke! clearly no hidden meaning for goodness sake
    Forum Member
    ^ Yeah, but why say it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    ^ Yeah, but why say it?

as a joke (just a general one)
    often people say if you liked my show my name is (insert real name) and if you didnt like my show then my name is bla bla bla
    It is used quite often