Xbox One 1st birthday rewards.

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just gone onto my X1 and I got nothing. No message, no gamerpic, no background....nothing. Had an X1 since launch and had Live since the beta days. :(

Edit. OK I found the gamer PIC, but I had to hunt for it. Would have been handy if MS sent a message.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at Neogaf, it seems most people are getting a free copy of Limbo.

Thanks MS :(

Seems most people are getting told by email too. I really hope because I chose not to be spammed by MS I'm missing out.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Looking at Neogaf, it seems most people are getting a free copy of Limbo.

Thanks MS :(

I've already got limbo on my X360! 👍 ... can I have a PP invite plz? 😉
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    As expected, nothing.

I wouldn't even have minded a email or message thanking me for spending hundreds on them this year and staying loyal despite the crappy decisions they made at the start of this gen.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    woo hoo - a gamerpic!!
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got all the posters and what not, and been advised I can download the piss poor Halo movie Forward Unto Dawn in HD for free for a limited time, which I watched on netflix ages ago. they really know how to say thank you for being part of this.

Not switched the Xbox on yet, but doubt getting a I'll be getting a copy of limbo though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After checking my messages, I too have will receive a free copy of limbo, "for being an early adopter". Which as it was previously stated on here earlier, it would be cool if I hadn't bought it and complete it when it originally came out. I would have loved the DBZ movie :cry:, lol
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Forward Unto Dawn was pretty good to be fair. I've been with Xbox since the original came out, the Xbox One was the first one I didn't get from day one as I got it in December and to be honest I don't need or want a thank you or something free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just gone onto my X1 and I got nothing. No message, no gamerpic, no background....nothing. Had an X1 since launch and had Live since the beta days. :(

Edit. OK I found the gamerpic, but I had to hunt for it. Would have been handy if MS sent a message.

Where's the gamerpic? Nothing new was there when I looked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the gamerpic? Nothing new was there when I looked.

it should be the first pic on where your change you pic, says Year One with a Joypad Black and White. also there should be a Day One background under the achievement for Day One.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I thought Forward Unto Dawn was pretty good to be fair. I've been with Xbox since the original came out, the Xbox One was the first one I didn't get from day one as I got it in December and to be honest I don't need or want a thank you or something free.

Forward Unto Dawn isn't a bad film, but it's not one that I'd go out of my way to watch again. Like you I am not expecting a thank you, but celebrating a Year One Birthday and emailing everyone to say thank you I would have thought they would have given something different.

Limbo is a game that the majority of 360 owners who have moved onto Xbox One more than likely already own, because they bought and completed on its original release, it wasn't number on the market place for no reason, lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched chasing the devil for free on my 360 yesterday & loved it! 👍
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I watched chasing the devil for free on my 360 yesterday & loved it! 👍

I saw that was free this weekend, tempted to watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that was free this weekend, tempted to watch it.

It's a canny horror flick! 👍
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Yup, I got the email too. Limbo... at some point.

All a bit underwhelming - not sure why you had to dl the "year one " background onto a memory stick though?

Maybe adding the "day one" and "year one" backgrounds was too complex for the One :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I got the email too. Limbo... at some point.

All a bit underwhelming - not sure why you had to dl the "year one " background onto a memory stick though?

Maybe adding the "day one" and "year one" backgrounds was too complex for the One :D

I got an email .... & a poster! 😊
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the email (only had the Xbox less than two weeks)...will give Halo 4 a watch.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I tried downloading the sunset overdrive trial yesterday, got to 22% when it said it was playable, only to be stuck on installing for 30 minutes. I gave up and tried to play the game today when it was installed, and and it's saying the trial has expired. Cheers microsoft.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the email and also got a poster, some backgrounds and a Halo rental I'll never watch. I thought it included your stats cos mine didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got the email at like 1:30am, got nothing apart from the basic background and Halo movie. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got the email at like 1:30am, got nothing apart from the basic background and Halo movie. :(

Yep! ... It's abit stingy ain't it? 😳 (might watch the halo flick tho cause I ain't seen it before) 👍 ... (Hopefully they'll give us deadrising3 (or a free choice of launch title) for xmas) 😎
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Yep! ... It's abit stingy ain't it? 😳 (might watch the halo flick tho cause I ain't seen it before) 👍 ... (Hopefully they'll give us deadrising3 (or a free choice of launch title) for xmas) 😎

It's just a bit annoying when you see headlines like this; "Early adopters" of Xbox One to get free copy of Limbo

http://www.neowin.net/news/early-adopters-of-xbox-one-to-get-free-copy-of-limbo

As it seems the majority of early adopters got a copy of Limbo, why not just gift it to all of us who bought the console on day one instead of leaving a few out? :confused:
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Limbo code for whoever wants it 3QX2X-QQMHP-Y4PTC-3XCWW-27X4Z
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Limbo code for whoever wants it 3QX2X-QQMHP-Y4PTC-3XCWW-27X4Z

Thanks, I just claimed this code. Never played it on the 360 so looking forward to trying it out. :) My appreciated.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I just claimed this code. Never played it on the 360 so looking forward to trying it out. :) My appreciated.

No problem 👍 Just glad it went a regular and not some lurker that just takes it and doesn't say